The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    @annliz23 I'll do dry until Thanksgiving with you!!

Great so far I am doing well. Hope your doing well too.
  • annliz23
    Options
    So I’m gonna do the no alcohol thing for the month of November.
    Well, starting after tonight because I’m drinking a glass of wine at the moment.....😬😂

Great
    So I’m gonna do the no alcohol thing for the month of November.
    Well, starting after tonight because I’m drinking a glass of wine at the moment.....😬😂

Super go for it, so far I am doing ok it's hard as hubby sits next to me drinking but I am determined to stick to it.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Missmass4 wrote: »
    I don’t think I can do a totally dry November but I am planning on cutting way back.
    We got our first little bit of flurries yesterday (SE Michigan) 😱 I’m not ready!!!!

Super cutting down is a great idea.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    So I gave in and was tempted by a 25% off offer for Team Body Project. I got access to a week of a workout program and really liked it so why the heck not! I'm not paying to skate or curl this year so might as well spend something on myself. I've signed up for 3 months so we shall see. Already two workouts in for the day and I'm drenched in sweat.

Then again keeping workouts playing on the tv is better than the constant election coverage or news of the attack in Vienna last night.
  • claytjones564
    claytjones564 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lamp chops with potato
  • BadBanditCA
    BadBanditCA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I don't think pecan pie would be a usual Thanksgiving item. Usually pumpkin and apple because the apples are fresh! I make butter tarts which are basically pecan pie in tart form but with raisins

Pecan pie is traditional in my house! From Pie n' Bugrger, yum.
  • BadBanditCA
    BadBanditCA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I’ve had pecan pie and I live in Canada 😂
    It’s a must to try, especially warm with vanilla ice cream 😍
    @AliNoveau - pics please if and when you do the spider 😊
    @cgrout78 - you’re gonna do great! Let us know how it goes 🤗

Yes! Or warm with fresh whipped cream. Yum.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I’ve had pecan pie and I live in Canada 😂
    It’s a must to try, especially warm with vanilla ice cream 😍
    @AliNoveau - pics please if and when you do the spider 😊
    @cgrout78 - you’re gonna do great! Let us know how it goes 🤗

Yes! Or warm with fresh whipped cream. Yum.

How about pumpkin pie? Warm or chilled? My family always said cold others like it warmed

I'm not a fan of nuts so never pecan pie here
  • April_M_2015
    April_M_2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi @mshawski - I'm also trying out the forums as a way to stay engaged and keep on track with my goals. Good luck with yours!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Lamp chops with potato

Delicious
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi bang in the middle here F44 up in wintery Scotland. Covid has killed me this year im normally mega active but my gym and pool where I practically lived of an evening have been closed since March and with a hectic front line support desk job from home the covid stone has just fallen on my lap. Id love people to add me as itd be nice to have some virtual support pals
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Lamp chops with potato

Yum, looks delicious
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hi @mshawski - I'm also trying out the forums as a way to stay engaged and keep on track with my goals. Good luck with yours!

Hello! I'm half way there and it's getting stale. Gotta spice it up. LOL. Good luck with yours too! 😊
  • April_M_2015
    April_M_2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »

Hello! I'm half way there and it's getting stale. Gotta spice it up. LOL. Good luck with yours too! 😊

Half way there is great! I am just starting (again). Covid has been a kick in the butt for me in terms of my eating and exercise. And the winter is just beginning......I just started my personal 'program' on Monday. So far so good :smiley:
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Happy HHD everyone.
    Just waiting for the girls to get ready and then I'll drop them to school, yet another WFH day today for me. Ie another day in my trackies...

Welcome new joiners, I'll send you some FRs!