INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

15678911»

Replies

• radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    So i have a question for everyone-
    I was supposed to start recovery week on last Friday...but we moved that day and since then I haven't fit in a single insanity workout (so 6 days) because unpacking and moving plus work has completely drained me. Let me tell you, carrying beds/dressers/other heavy furniture plus unpacking and having an entire house of chaos hasn't been fun, and I can feel it in my arms everyday. I feel bad about missing almost an entire week of insanity but I know I was still getting a pretty good workout.

But-now that my house isn't in complete shambles anymore and I have found all of my workout clothes/shoes and what not, I don't know where to start. Should I start insanity all over again!? Ugh I wish I hadn't fallen out of the routine but it was a chaotic week. I am contemplating another week of month 1-then on to recovery week or just doing recovery week now...

please help! I don't want to cheat my body or myself and I know I didn't do a complete 60 days but starting all over again just sounds terrible, especially since I don't feel like i've lost what I built in the first month.

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!

If you don't feel like you've lost what you built up from the month, just start where you left off. If you're on recovery week, that would work perfectly.. because chances are, month 2 will be a shock to your body whether or not you did all of the workouts of month one, and also because of your current surroundings. Life happens! Don't feel too bad on yourself about it. :smile:
  • bexp2
    bexp2 Posts: 41
    JatieKo621--I agree that you really don't need to start over; doubt you lost that much since you were active all week. Maybe do the Recovery Week, but sub in a couple of the Month One workouts just to get your HR up again. Good luck!
  • bexp2
    Month Two is turning into a real butt kicker; it started off really well and went downhill. I had a terrible workout with the max cardio conditioning and max recovery wasn't much better. So yesterday, after max recovery, I decided to go over my calorie limit for the day. Today the max interval circuit was better, though.

Anyone else having a similar experience?
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Month Two is turning into a real butt kicker; it started off really well and went downhill. I had a terrible workout with the max cardio conditioning and max recovery wasn't much better. So yesterday, after max recovery, I decided to go over my calorie limit for the day. Today the max interval circuit was better, though.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

I started off really well with Month 2 but this week I have been really off. Not sure how best to describe it but I'm just not feeling it. I skipped yesterdays Recovery but still will do todays workout. Hope I can bring more energy to the workout this time.
  • alzina
    alzina Posts: 38 Member
    Ok so I decided to restart my journey of insanity. I felt like I should complete it without having skip days. I am glad to be back in it. Hope you all are having great results. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking to it and Digging Deep! Keep up the great work everyone.
  • bexp2
    Hey, two weeks to go Insaniacs! Getting used to the max workouts--not conquering, but doing better--although my 'power push-ups' do look just like Chris's--NOT!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Hey, two weeks to go Insaniacs! Getting used to the max workouts--not conquering, but doing better--although my 'power push-ups' do look just like Chris's--NOT!

I was just going to post something like this! haha two weeks left. We've sooo got this! :happy:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Switch Kicks : 70 to 75 ... 78
    Power Jacks : 50 to 56 ... 60
    Power Knees : 90 to 94 ... 96
    Power Jumps : 30 to 34 ... 37
    Globe Jumps : 8 to 9 ... 9
    Suicide Jumps : 17 to 19 ... 20
    Push-up Jacks : 17 to 23 ... 25
    Low Plank Oblique : 56 to 64 ... 66

My 4th fit test numbers are after the ...'s (I don't remember if I had ever posted my 1st fit test; I will on the final fit test day!)
    How did you all do?!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Sad to see that no one has posted on here in two weeks, but THRILLED to have finished Insanity today! I know some of you will be finishing relatively soon, and a couple started a day or so before me and have already completed it. Either way - we pushed through and are now (or will almost be) GRADUATES of Insanity. Feeling on top of the world. :flowerforyou:

I'll have my measurements, weigh-in and before/afters posted sometime this week. I'd do it today but I've already eaten (and I like to do them first thing in the morning).

Here are my fit test results; Fit test #1 through #5!

Switch Kicks : 90 with bad posture, 70, 75, 78, 80
    Power Jacks : 55 with bad posture, 50, 56, 60, 64
    Power Knees : 85, 90, 94, 96, 106
    Power Jumps : 25, 30, 34, 37, 45
    Globe Jumps : 6, 8, 9, 9, 10
    Suicide Jumps : 15, 17, 19, 20, 21
    Push-Up Jacks : 15, 17, 23, 25, 30
    Low Plank Oblique : 33, 56, 64, 66, 80

I am very happy with my results and I'm in such better shape than I started out with. I hope to hear about all of your results! I'll be switching up my exercise routine. Possibly some Turbo Fire and I'm in need of purchasing some weights as well. Let me know what you all are up to after this... because it doesn't stop here! :smile:
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    I finished on Saturday!!!! I posted my results on a message board but they wouldn't show so you can see them in my profile pictures if you want. I start the P90X/ Insanity hybrid tonight. Let's see what that brings.

Congrats to you, happyisthin! And good luck to the rest of you still digging deeper!