Coronavirus prep

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oh, and everyone (like, the entire country) is giving the absolute stink-eye to the new case's employer (clothing store), who made them go into work despite being symptomatic and awaiting COVID test results (case is a 20 year old student).

and rightly so!!! :o

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Yup, some states are letting us in due to our low risk status. We're not reciprocating as of yet, but those Aus numbers are looking good for the two way bubble happening soon. That will take some pressure off our currently at capacity MIQ facilities.

So, some states of Aus are letting people from NZ in without having to do the 2 week supervised quarantine that applies to people from any other country??

I thought it was something like that but wasnt sure.

A 2 way travel bubble with New Zealand and possibly some South Pacific countries like Fiji, looks on the cards soon.

Unfortunately getting to see my daughter in UK, already post poned from August 2020, looks no closer on the horizon.

Yup, currently only NSW, ACT, Vic, and Northern Territory - https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/new-zealand-safe-travel-zone
  • paperpudding
    Interesting.

I am in SA so not in above mentioned states (yes I'm sure you know that :D but for benifit of other readers not as familiar with Aus states)

Surprised about Northern Territory - they have been very cautious. I expect some areas are still not open - indiginous communities at greater risk.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Interesting.

I am in SA so not in above mentioned states (yes I'm sure you know that :D but for benifit of other readers not as familiar with Aus states)

Surprised about Northern Territory - they have been very cautious. I expect some areas are still not open - indiginous communities at greater risk.

Yeah, I though Queensland was on the list too, but obviously not.

I'm not sure how many are actually going over, given that they have to quarantine when they get back here, and would be unlikely to qualify for exemption from having to pay for their MIQ stay if they'd just gone to visit/holiday.
  • paperpudding
    yes it wont really work for tourist purposes until it is a 2 way bubble, no quarantine requirements either end.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    North Dakota's governor announced the state will allow healthcare workers who have tested positive for Covid-19 to continue working in coronavirus units, officials announced this week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/north-dakota-lets-healthcare-workers-covid-stay-job-record-surge-n1247487

Was very surprised to see this.