What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Honestly, does anyone really care what happened to DB Cooper?
    I sure don’t care.
    I can’t believe that people are still spending money trying to solve the mystery.
    Seems there are other mysteries much more in need of solving.

I read this as DB Sweeney and was like, he disappeared after The Cutting Edge.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Why is the process of taking care of oneself oftentimes so daunting? I'm realizing there are a lot of minor things I need to work on in addition to just "eating better and exercising". I can't even get a handle on one, so how am I going to tackle all of the others in a lifetime that's already more than 1/3 over?
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

I disagreed... This is from 2010 or so. What was the outcome because essentially I take the same stance on this, if you don’t like smokers don’t patron the establishment, as I do with mask “mandates” where I won’t be a patron of theirs.

The panel touched on this during the discussion.
  • tmantwo
    Options
    Why is the process of taking care of oneself oftentimes so daunting? I'm realizing there are a lot of minor things I need to work on in addition to just "eating better and exercising". I can't even get a handle on one, so how am I going to tackle all of the others in a lifetime that's already more than 1/3 over?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOp_EW-Mirs
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

" Smoking in Public "

Isn't this a private business and enterprise ?

I hate cigarette smoke.... hate it beyond words.

That being said, if I hate smoke, why would I frequent this establishment ( I wouldn't. )

If people want to trash their own lungs and damage their health with smoking, have at it - freedom of choice, right? Just don't ask me to pay for your healthcare.

The same goes for marriage. Marry anybody or anything you want.
    You can marry a chicken taco, just don't ask me to pay for the wedding.

How about a loan for a date then? Me and the taco are getting pretty serious 😃
  • tmantwo
    Options
    Here, here @Motorsheen. I concur.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    What about fire codes though... I thought that was mostly the reason for eliminating smoking in public places...

That being said... I mean you can't just go to a restaurant naked because that's your prerogative right? 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    13g9w9sab47e.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOp_EW-Mirs

Oh hey, I like that song and haven't heard it in forever. Thanks!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    What about fire codes though... I thought that was mostly the reason for eliminating smoking in public places...

That being said... I mean you can't just go to a restaurant naked because that's your prerogative right? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Going to a restaurant naked ? It's about the 'going' part; that's a public issue (no public nudity) and once you're at the restaurant, it's a health department issue.

If we are so concerned with safety, why not address vehicle fatalities?

us_traffic_fatalities_preliminary-1.png

We can all but eliminate fatalities from automobile accidents; it's easy.
    We'll just put speed limiters on all vehicles, both commercial and private.
    We'll go with 10 MPH on the city streets and ramp it up to an excessive 15 MPH on the freeways.

Remember, if we save just one life, it will be worth it.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I wish. :lol: There used to be a place in San Fransisco that you could dine naked if you wanted to. Pretty sure it's not around anymore (even pre-Covid). The city allowed it for a time so long as clean towels were placed down for every patron that frequented the place and the seats were cleaned between each sitting.

There also used to be one in Paris, France and London, England. Not sure if either of them are around, either.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

" Smoking in Public "

Isn't this a private business and enterprise ?

I hate cigarette smoke.... hate it beyond words.

That being said, if I hate smoke, why would I frequent this establishment ( I wouldn't. )

If people want to trash their own lungs and damage their health with smoking, have at it - freedom of choice, right? Just don't ask me to pay for your healthcare.

The same goes for marriage. Marry anybody or anything you want.
    You can marry a chicken taco, just don't ask me to pay for the wedding.

How about a loan for a date then? Me and the taco are getting pretty serious 😃

you and the taco ??

we need to party.

• tmantwo
    Options

Going to a restaurant naked ? It's about the 'going' part; that's a public issue (no public nudity) and once you're at the restaurant, it's a health department issue.

We'll go with 10 MPH on the city streets and ramp it up to an excessive 15 MPH on the freeways.

I wouldn’t insult you by stating we should be brothers, but dang, we could be brothers.

I concur.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

It's honestly a false equivalence... Driving on the road compared with smokers in a restaurant is not the same...

And the fact is that roads and driving is already policed...
    We have traffic lights and laws centered around driving vehicles...

In fact you can use the same argument the other way and argue that we have all these laws and regulations for drivers, why shouldn't we for smokers...
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I wish. :lol: There used to be a place in San Fransisco that you could dine naked if you wanted to. Pretty sure it's not around anymore (even pre-Covid). The city allowed it for a time so long as clean towels were placed down for every patron that frequented the place and the seats were cleaned between each sitting.

There also used to be one in Paris, France and London, England. Not sure if either of them are around, either.

Excuse me, waiter? There's a short curly hair in my food.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Excuse me, waiter? There's a short curly hair in my food.

Hence why health codes exist. Then again, I get hair in my food even with people fully clothed, so I just accept it as a possibility at this point. :lol:
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pondering acupuncture for carpel tunnel and tendonitis.