Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Today was a struggle with off the charts anxiety and I’m dreading having to do it all again tomorrow
    Today was a struggle with off the charts anxiety and I’m dreading having to do it all again tomorrow

hey i’m right there with u <3:(

my plan is tomorrow try to get outside somewhere alone during daylight away from people like in nature and try to breathe a bit

Havent read through all the thread...but you people with anxiety issues...do you also get physical manifestations?

I feel so odd because besides some of the common symptoms (racing heart, shakes, racing mind and worry, feeling of unsettledness or doom, whatever) I get weakness in my arms and hands, like they are weighed down by lead weights, I cant swallow and choke when trying to drink, I feel like I maybe should call an ambulance b/c there is something very wrong with me. Its mostly when there are other people around, like claustrophobia and anxiety or something. It eases off when I can be alone, to some extent. Caffeine seems to exasperate it.

Anyone else get physical manifestations of anxiety? Not just mental? The weighted down arms and weak grip, and choking when I try to take a sip of water are really disturbing for me right now.

I get hallucinations sometimes but it happens with or without anxiety really

I have auditory hallucinations sometimes. They are so "real" to me...having visual hallucinations must be very disturbing too.

My oldest gets both kind, and she has since she was a small child. Did you ever find a way to help ease these?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    @Vikka_V wrote: »

my plan is tomorrow try to get outside somewhere alone during daylight away from people like in nature and try to breathe a bit

Havent read through all the thread...but you people with anxiety issues...do you also get physical manifestations?

I feel so odd because besides some of the common symptoms (racing heart, shakes, racing mind and worry, feeling of unsettledness or doom, whatever) I get weakness in my arms and hands, like they are weighed down by lead weights, I cant swallow and choke when trying to drink, I feel like I maybe should call an ambulance b/c there is something very wrong with me. Its mostly when there are other people around, like claustrophobia and anxiety or something. It eases off when I can be alone, to some extent. Caffeine seems to exasperate it.

Anyone else get physical manifestations of anxiety? Not just mental? The weighted down arms and weak grip, and choking when I try to take a sip of water are really disturbing for me right now.

Generally when its off the charts for me, my main symptoms are utter mental paralysis. Can’t make myself do a thing, and the longer that goes on, the harder it is to break it. Those times are the unexplained anxiety, where I don’t know what’s causing it.

However, there have been times where I’ve had anxiety with known causes and those cases tend to be much worse. My throat closes up, can’t swallow at all, tough to breathe. Chest pounds and heart beats erratically, missing beats. My arms and legs feel like lead and kinda buzz/tingle. I have always had an explanation when those things happen so I’ve never felt scared enough to call for help but it’s definitely a terrible feeling.

This sounds like an actual panic attack and can be very scary. My Ex used to get them while driving. Have you talked to your doctor about it? I know that there is an emergency med you can keep on you at all times and when taken it will take you down from the attack almost immediately, so for emergency situations only.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Generally when its off the charts for me, my main symptoms are utter mental paralysis. Can’t make myself do a thing, and the longer that goes on, the harder it is to break it. Those times are the unexplained anxiety, where I don’t know what’s causing it.

However, there have been times where I’ve had anxiety with known causes and those cases tend to be much worse. My throat closes up, can’t swallow at all, tough to breathe. Chest pounds and heart beats erratically, missing beats. My arms and legs feel like lead and kinda buzz/tingle. I have always had an explanation when those things happen so I’ve never felt scared enough to call for help but it’s definitely a terrible feeling.

You described my symptoms perfectly and I get all the same ones as you only reversed for known/unknown causes.

I'm sorry you have this happen. It is an awful feeling.

I do find it reassuring that someone else has the same combination of symptoms tho. Thank-you for sharing.

I get so worked up sometimes wondering and stressing whether it's a physical illness or "just in my head". I had to go to the doctor because it was effecting my job, but now that I have gone to the doctor, I'm procrastinating following through. Not sure I want to know the answer. Also, it is waning in frequency and intensity, so I'm pretty sure it's anxiety.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    @pudgy1977 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »

I get hallucinations sometimes but it happens with or without anxiety really

I have auditory hallucinations sometimes. They are so "real" to me...having visual hallucinations must be very disturbing too.

My oldest gets both kind, and she has since she was a small child. Did you ever find a way to help ease these?

No, they happen very infrequently for me, and its always just auditory ones. Its disturbing, but because I know I'm alone, I can tell myself that that's what it is.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    If i ever get several rapid fire FRs in a row I start to get suspicious that someone shared my recipes. Or tagged me in the dumpster fire that is f&g

Wait, you have recipes?
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    77uzl94pf0e8.jpg
    txf4ivxz25tn.jpg

❄🌪👀
    Can u ppl send just a little bit of your warmth 🤔😏
  • Miss_Chievous_
    Miss_Chievous_ Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    txf4ivxz25tn.jpg

❄🌪👀

Damn... and I thought it was cold here 🤣 where are you?!
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    txf4ivxz25tn.jpg

❄🌪👀

Damn... and I thought it was cold here 🤣 where are you?!

I think the coldest place in Australia, it seem like it..lol
    We had a storm last night which made it worse
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I just figured out what Instagram is for, I was able to share with friends what my ceiling looks like so they can stare at it with me

Have you ever watched a spider on the ceiling and wondered if or when it may do one of those quick thread drops and land on your face?
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I just figured out what Instagram is for, I was able to share with friends what my ceiling looks like so they can stare at it with me

Have you ever watched a spider on the ceiling and wondered if or when it may do one of those quick thread drops and land on your face?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    77uzl94pf0e8.jpg
    txf4ivxz25tn.jpg

❄🌪👀

Brrrr.. rug up girl.
    Got a beautiful 24c here right now. 😁
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    77uzl94pf0e8.jpg
    txf4ivxz25tn.jpg

❄🌪👀

Brrrr.. rug up girl.

Cold Snap!

Currently : 107° F

WindChill / RealFeel® 104° Cloudy

• Reckoner68
    Options

Yeah, but nothing so exciting tonight
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

Ok but have you ever listened to the scrabbling in the wall by your head and prayed it was just squirrels?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    77uzl94pf0e8.jpg
    txf4ivxz25tn.jpg

❄🌪👀

Brrrr.. rug up girl.

Cold Snap!

Currently : 107° F

WindChill / RealFeel® 104° Cloudy

*shiver*
    xrynuwozxrve.gif
  • Reckoner68
    Options

Ok but have you ever listened to the scrabbling in the wall by your head and prayed it was just squirrels?

...I have not :/
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Who ever thought let’s mix cereal, marshmallows, butter and vanilla together into one sticky mess was a total genius.