What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    It’s fascinating how no matter after how many years that may have gone by, mistakes still linger in our minds.

Yes and we forget the good things or they are as clearly remembered
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    It’s fascinating how no matter after how many years that may have gone by, mistakes still linger in our minds.

So true. Sometimes just a smell or a sound will bring back a memory so vividly I could almost be time traveling. Unfortunately those memories are not always so pleasant, and bring back feelings of pain or guilt.
  • never2old67
    never2old67 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nervous about my upcoming surgery for Prostate Cancer. At 52, it has been freaking me out during the summer, but I know I am in good hands with Massachusetts General Hospital/Yawkey Cancer Center. Doing my best to stay positive.

@never2old67 - positive thoughts and hugs being sent your way. That’s a biggie to carry the worry of. You define are in good hands so keep up the positive spirit💜🤗

Thank you
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

most folks get consumed by them from time to time. waves of time. its natural but not "only natural". i'm of the opinion you have to turn up your self perception to either prevent them from happening again, or not be afraid of owning them when they do.
    it's like links in a chain that lead from back then, to now.
    if you're lucky you can use the chain to pull yourself up out of the dark tide- but if you're unlucky or weak, it can just as easily drown you instead.
    depends on how you see the chain really.

I definitely agree with this. It can make or break you depending on your perception.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Automatic Flushing Toilets
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    There should be a leering emoji. Not the devil. Just creepy, staring thing
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I picked up my car today from the dealership service dept.
    Mostly maintenance issues.
    Finished maxing out my credit card to pay for the work done.
    I was grumbling all the way home.
    I started thinking though, considering the mileage and the amount of the bill, it calculates to 1.5 cents a mile.
    Money well spent, even though it hurt. :smiley:
  • phoenixrising5721
    phoenixrising5721 Posts: 2,252 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Yep pizza is on my mind.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Forgot melatonin so I’m just lying in the dark thinking abut getting up to get it but there’s a cat holding me down
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Automatic Flushing Toilets

hpuet2j0y9jb.gif
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Today was a struggle with off the charts anxiety and I’m dreading having to do it all again tomorrow
    Today was a struggle with off the charts anxiety and I’m dreading having to do it all again tomorrow

hey i’m right there with u <3:(

my plan is tomorrow try to get outside somewhere alone during daylight away from people like in nature and try to breathe a bit

Havent read through all the thread...but you people with anxiety issues...do you also get physical manifestations?

I feel so odd because besides some of the common symptoms (racing heart, shakes, racing mind and worry, feeling of unsettledness or doom, whatever) I get weakness in my arms and hands, like they are weighed down by lead weights, I cant swallow and choke when trying to drink, I feel like I maybe should call an ambulance b/c there is something very wrong with me. Its mostly when there are other people around, like claustrophobia and anxiety or something. It eases off when I can be alone, to some extent. Caffeine seems to exasperate it.

Anyone else get physical manifestations of anxiety? Not just mental? The weighted down arms and weak grip, and choking when I try to take a sip of water are really disturbing for me right now.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

my plan is tomorrow try to get outside somewhere alone during daylight away from people like in nature and try to breathe a bit

Havent read through all the thread...but you people with anxiety issues...do you also get physical manifestations?

I feel so odd because besides some of the common symptoms (racing heart, shakes, racing mind and worry, feeling of unsettledness or doom, whatever) I get weakness in my arms and hands, like they are weighed down by lead weights, I cant swallow and choke when trying to drink, I feel like I maybe should call an ambulance b/c there is something very wrong with me. Its mostly when there are other people around, like claustrophobia and anxiety or something. It eases off when I can be alone, to some extent. Caffeine seems to exasperate it.

Anyone else get physical manifestations of anxiety? Not just mental? The weighted down arms and weak grip, and choking when I try to take a sip of water are really disturbing for me right now.

I get hallucinations sometimes but it happens with or without anxiety really
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

I get hot, sweaty, dry mouth, heart palpitations, chest pain, headaches, shortness of breath etc... Not fun. Sorry to hear about your symptoms, they do sound unsettling.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

i got weird anxiety bc i get heart issues and that sets off panic/anxiety. not like i’m thinking about it and worried, but i guess there’s this weird thing where if your heart starts to race or can’t beat right or skips a beat so your brain lets loose some chemicals that induce panic/anxiety. it sucks because my heart does that when i exercise hard or get super hot or whatever and then out of nowhere i got adrenaline and cortisol and glucose and feel this crazy fear, with no reason to it. outside of that, i dont have too much anxiety.

have u had bp checked? if u get higher bp when u get scared that might make arms/legs feel numb or heavy maybe

The heart thing—I get something similar. Apparently everyone in my family on my moms side does because I told her about how my heart would kinda skip around when I exercised hard and she’s like “have you tried giving up caffeine? It helped the rest of us” so I did and it did, it happens way less frequently now.
  • Alzzi_2
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    what's on my mind...my dangerously stupid mind

Thinking about @1sphere, apparently 'dangerous stupid mind'...
  • Alzzi_2
    Options
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    what's on my mind...my dangerously stupid mind

Thinking about @1sphere, apparently 'dangerous stupid mind'...
    nevermind, I don't want to talk about it. :-) I did nothing wrong, my feelings and sense of the world are too out of order

Hmm.. I think I know where u are coming from.
    Hope u are ok. I dont think theres anything wrong with your senses.. btw 🙂