WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    Caught up after a busy couple of days. Just drifting off to sleep. So just a few comments.

Allie: Continuing (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 For a speedy, positive resolution for your surgery
    @Anniesquats100 Happy Birthday. It's our DED's birthday today and we had enjoyed a lovely lunch with her.

Gearing up for doing my Christmas cards, and looking for Christmas presents. We have decided that this year we are going to buy local, and support local trade and craft people.

Big hugs to all.

☘️ Terri
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    Rita - sorry you are struggling. Pretty masks.

Katla - it’s been mask and gloves since March for all staff and visitors. Our problem, we believe, stems from resident’s families refusing to stop touching their loved ones. They insist on taking masks down, kissing and hugging. Every time someone is seen not following procedures they are spoken to, but we deal with a lot of very difficult families. Our ministerial orders are we cannot deny visits though. Even today after being told we have a case some families chose to still come visit. 😢

Allie - I hope you get the surgery sooner rather than later so you can start the healing process.

Michele - I should get results by Friday at the latest. We will be having weekly tests for a while now. Very uncomfortable procedure, but if it keeps our residents safe it’s worth it.
    It will be interesting to see what happens with Daytona, but health is more important than racing.

Flea - sorry to hear about your dog.

When I left work today all but 2 tests had come back for residents and still only the 1 resident is positive. We won’t get the staff’s back until tomorrow and Friday. On Friday all residents will be swabbed again as there is a 5-7 day incubation period. Staff will be tested next week again.

It was a tough day at work but we got through it and will get through another tomorrow. One day at a time.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Flea
    It breaks my heart to read about your declining pup and the photo of the love between your son and him. So sorry for all of you as you go through this.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    $
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Flea - so sorry about your puppy :(

Today I learned that at one of our schools a staff member who was feeling symptoms but was waiting for the result of her test didn't self isolate instead they went to school. Now 6 classes have to self isolate for 14 days! Ugh

Today was harder to stick to plan but I just have to do it. Sugar is not my friend by any means!

Suzanne Canada
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,330 Member
    Flea - prayers for your family. It's so hard but you are doing the right thing

Tracey - I agree that health is more important than racing. To be honest, I don't know if Vince agrees.

Michele NC
    who is off to bed
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    mrsbfe wrote: »

Barbie - “ …Sasha needs a haircut a lot more than Jake does and both dogs need a bath.” :D I think I should be sorry for laughing at this...the importance of commas ;) (I haven't been here long, so I want to make sure that isn't offensive to you, if so then I will apologize.)

Sheri in OH

:)Sheri, Not only was I not offended, I laughed and read this to Jake who laughed with me and said that maybe he is a dog sometimes. I am usually a superior proofreader, but I clearly missed the boat on this one.

<3 Barbie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :'(<3Flea, I am so sorry about your dog. Good idea to have someone come to the house so you can all be there.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rita: The Christmas masks are delightful. They are seasonal and fun. :star: I’m sure the crème puffs are excellent, too. Unfortunately, I can’t enjoy them due to milk/cream intolerance. :ohwell: I’m sorry that holiday depression is trying to sneak in. (((hugs)))

Felicia: I am so sorry your wonderful pup is near its end. My heart goes out to you and your whole family. :broken_heart::heart:

(((Allie))): Prayers for your doctor’s skill and your complete recovery. :heart:

Tracie in Green Bay: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Tracey in Edmonton: You are in a challenging situation at work. I doubt there is way to get the some of these visitors to do the right thing. You are so good to help these families struggle through difficult times. :flowerforyou:

We’ve been homebodies today. It is a rainy day & it feels cozy to be warm inside the house. Right now the rain is really pouring down out in the dark of night. That makes inside seem even more cozy.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Blood test today. I will try to get a bit of writing done this morning. Usually, appointments and meetings throw off my resolve and concentration. :o I didn’t write yesterday as I got caught up researching my hip problem, but I was pleased with the results of my efforts, so it was worth the sacrifice!
    Today I will be writing about a camping holiday with my parents in Wales when the tent got completely flooded out and we woke up to find our air beds were floating! We packed up and went home. The best thing about that holiday was the local repertory theatre. We saw "Love In A Mist", a classic farce, which had me breathless with laughter. I love a good, old fashioned, farce.

Must buy some cards today. The place where I usually buy them is closed for covid, but I think the little convenience store has started stocking a few. I'm normally very fussy about my cards, but I will have to drop my standards. We've got through most of my stash I had in reserve.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    edited November 2020
    Walking at lunch yesterday ...

o34ta8g0bqr3.png

5qorndtvo7l7.png

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Well, I think we are at the end with our pup. :cry:
    Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I'm so sorry, Flea - I hope it is a peaceful passing.

Allie - Glad you're covid negative, and really glad they're checking your heart out very well. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Heather
    - hope the blood tests show positive results.

And, speaking of medical stuff, the VA finally sent the medications I needed by UPS rather than the post office. I didn't even know they were allowed to do that! But I did get the beta blocker in yesterday and took the first dose. My resting heart rate is down from 100 to 96, but that's well within the error rate for a Fitbit, so not jumping for joy yet. :)

I am optimistic, however. When the heart rate and blood pressure go down, I'm hoping the edema will go with them. The whole elephantine ankles thing makes me flinch. Why? Because I have certain vanities. Because I live inside here, I can't see my butt, my face, my neck, my wrinkles, without a mirror. I can, however, see my feet and ankles. And, as feet and ankles go, they looked pretty good. At the moment, they look like they did when I weighed over 300 pounds. The water-weight loss from the diuretic hasn't changed the edema issue at all, but at least I've lost 17 pounds so far.

Going in for labwork myself tomorrow.

Later, y'all,
    Love, Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Lisa- thats the thing I dont have the edema thank goodness. With me being laid up in bed at least i have no restrictions and can get up and walk around,and sit in the chair which i will do.. ,I would love a glass of ice water but alas not until after the procedure..
    I am hooked up to a Holter monitor but its small compared to the one i used years ago..as my grandfather used say they are always changing things