November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I have the bathroom dream all the time
    @polskagirl01 I'm glad no one will be shooting at you :-)

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 let me know there was a good picture of me from the Roan Mountain 10K. First picture I have seen of myself with both feet off the ground - barely. So, I bought it. :lol:
    vksuu92wcxgt.jpg

That is a great race pic. You look like you're having a wonderful time.

I too get the school dreams. The last one involved me having to go back to high school because somehow I didn't actually get a high school diploma before I went to college. Dream logic. But, anyway I didn't know about it until I had already missed most of the semester. I'm wandering around this huge campus trying to find classes and worrying that I'm about to flunk out. It was super stressful.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile That's so cool that your mom used to do "chariot races." Great job on the long run.

@Tramboman I'm with you...better to sweat than shiver.

@martaindale School dreams do always seem to be really stressful.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 – 5 miles
    11/2 – 10K Monday
    11/3 – 3 miles with Champ
    11/4 – rest day
    11/5 – 10K
    11/6 – 1.6 miles
    11/7 – 9.25 Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race
    11/8 – 4 miles – with Champ light recovery
    11/9 – 3 miles – more recovery quads are screaming
    11/10 – 5 miles
    11/11 – 7 miles
    11/12 – 3 miles with Champ
    11/13 – 7 miles
    11/14 – 2 miles
    11/15 – 6 miles
    11/16 – 10K Monday
    11/17 – 3 miles
    11/18 – 6 miles
    11/19 – 3 miles of sniff and run with Champ

85 (88.69) of 120 miles

@kgirlhart I’m sorry you are having lots of stresses.
    @katharmonic great finish line photo – hope the back is feeling better
    @polskagirl01 I’d love to run through that old base

I love learning all this stuff about you all Chariot races, who knew!

Races:
    92.7 of 250 miles Yuletide Madness
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – done
    PinkPumpkin 10K – completed 10/30
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020 – virtual done
    Halloween 5K virtual with Fleet Feet – 10/31/2020 - done
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
    Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race – in person - done

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I always get a PR on military press after fighting with my mom. It’s like “grr, I can think of fifteen things I should have said...” and whoops, there the weight is in the air!

@quilteryoyo That is a great pic! My mom doesn’t do it anymore but she has done chariot races and some of her friends still borrow her horse for them. They aren’t called that, I can’t remember what the technical name for them is right now. I grew up riding hunter/jumpers and driving is still mysterious to me, but my mom took up driving when she got too old to feel secure riding. The obstacle course is like barrel racing but driving instead of riding. You have a team of people including a driver and people who hang on and lean to keep the carriage wheels on the ground!

Wow, small world (sort of). When I left school I actually worked in exactly that for a few years. We called it Marathon Driving here. I got into it after a few nasty falls put me off riding, but not horses. I was the idiot that tried to hang on the back and keep the wheels on the ground, not very successfully as I only weighed about 50 kilos back then (grooms were paid very little, I was 19 and pretty much lived on cereal and cheese sandwiches, and a takeaway pizza once a month on pay day!). On the other hand, I was a dab hand at flying through the air! Good times. I was also the only female on the competition circuits here in Spain in those days, which was, umm, interesting and is probably the reason I'm more confident that I should be when running alone. Enough said. Still good times. I really, really miss horses.

Marathon driving! That’s it.

I was too young to be a paid groom when I was really into horses, but I spent a summer as a working student, which mostly involved working out horses for rich people who only rode on weekends, letting out to pasture and feeding, mucking stalls, cleaning tack, and getting up before dawn on show days to braid manes and tails. We were slave labor but it was the best summer of my life!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I’d love to run through that old base
    See I'm pretty sure none of my nearby friends would be up for it, but spending the night there would be a good challenge. Maybe I can talk hubby into going for a walk there after dark. The kids are definitely not interested.

The Marathon Driving discussion is great! I had never even heard of that before. @eleanorhawkins do you have pictures of you doing that?
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I think I have a few in a box somewhere from dressage days, but none from the obstacles which is the fun part. The competitions were 3 day events, a version of horseback 3 day eventing adapted to carriage-driving: day 1 was dressage, day 2 was cross-country and obstacles and day 3 was basically another obstacle course in a ring, instead of jumps they set out cones and you have to pass between them in a particular order (and direction) without touching them. If you're interested go to YouTube and search for 'marathon driving obstacles' :-)
  • Kimbeers
    Kimbeers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    11/4: 1.6 miles
    11/6: 1.5 miles
    11/9: 1.6 miles
    11/14: 1.6 miles
    11/18: 1.7 miles
    11/19: 1.6 miles

exercise.png