Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies/guys-

you going through their phone if they leave it out when they're busy taking a shower or nah?

nope.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ladies/guys-

you going through their phone if they leave it out when they're busy taking a shower or nah?

nope, and I expect the same consideration.. I can explain my search history.. all accidental 😁
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    ladies/guys-

Just out of curiosity... what would be the temptation to do so?

Because his bathroom breaks were am hour long. Pfft, nobody plays words with friends for an hour 🙄

If he's in the bathroom "playing words with friends", doesn't he have his phone with him???

Yes! Which lead me to borrowing his phone, which lead to suspicion, which lead to the door!

Do you have trust/security issues, or is this a reasonable response for most people? Or is this just chit chat being chit chat?

I didn't, and I never looked through any of his things until he started hoarding his phone etc.

ah, ok.. that helps. You saw his behavior as suspicious and responded accordingly.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    ladies/guys-

Just out of curiosity... what would be the temptation to do so?

Because his bathroom breaks were am hour long. Pfft, nobody plays words with friends for an hour 🙄

If he's in the bathroom "playing words with friends", doesn't he have his phone with him???

Yes! Which lead me to borrowing his phone, which lead to suspicion, which lead to the door!

Do you have trust/security issues, or is this a reasonable response for most people? Or is this just chit chat being chit chat?

I didn't, and I never looked through any of his things until he started hoarding his phone etc.

ah, ok.. that helps. You saw his behavior as suspicious and responded accordingly.

I did. I'm not a jealous, sneaky type person. My gut was screaming at me for months.

was your gut right?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »
    ladies/guys-

No.

I'm not that particular brand of paranoid when it comes to relationships.

And if anything funky or untoward is going on, that's not the way I would want to find out.

Same, but asking outright only ended up in a complete gaslighting situation.

Yuck. Gaslighting. Sounds like you dodged a bullet. :grimace:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Guys.....or anyone.....why would you not tell your wife/gf/mom etc she had a lot of facial hair? I mean, I guess she would have to know for herself so maybe this is irrelevant. I had to meet someone new a couple days ago and she ALMOST could post in the beards thread. That’s an exaggeration. But it was a lot. I get some people don’t care but when they seem to care about their appearance in other ways.....why? I hope someone tells me if it ever comes down to this.

I had a coworker with a full-ish, grey beard. Her focus was on weight maintenance (she was the leader of like a weight loss anonymous or 12-step group, I forget how she described it)

Anyhooo, her eyesight was fine, she was in a committed long-term relationship and she was a great person so who am I to ask about her beard? I figured she wanted it there or didn't want to bother with the process of not having it there.

Sidenote: I've chosen to actively ignore (out loud) the subsequent question.

True. I get it. I still hope I have a friend who is good enough to me that they feel comfortable trying to help. I wouldn’t expect something that personal from a co-worker etc. Something in my teeth or my face etc.....anyone. I welcome anyone to have mercy on me.

Giiiirl, I adore you but how can someone grow a beard without noticing? 😅 I had 1 little hair on my chin once and that's all I could see 🤣

It’s the only way my mind can reconcile not caring? I honestly can’t imagine living that way. And not caring. But I’m a vain *kitten*. I’m sure people think that about things I do or don’t do too? (Also it was a “grouping” of long hair....technically not so much a beard but still)

The original questions was......why would you not tell someone you care about? I’d want to know how someone I care about perceives me in many areas. Because I know they have my best interest in mind. I’m assuming some people think that it’s not really “that bad” or maybe nobody notices. Or.....they’re ok with it. Which again, my brain no fathom that.

When I worked at a uni library there was a student with a very distinct dark stache. However, her dress made it apparent that she was a member of a faith that doesn't permit cosmetic enhancement. Presumably the idea is that if God put it on your face, it stays on your face.

I'm acutely aware of my most minute flaws, I assume my friends are also. They don't need me to draw attention to them.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ladies/guys-

Unnecessary.

Also, - (un)related - my phone has no lock code, is on silent/no notis and I leave it in another room most of the time. Basically, it's ripe for the picking I guess.

But...

If one was to be curious, they'd be bored WAY sooner than they'd be suspicious.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ladies/guys-

Last time I did that my day was ruined. Ended up moving out and became a single mother.

10/10 do not recommend.

The "hug" option just wasn't doing it for me, sorry. :heart:
    f034c920e2e82095ec4c63e06cd6cb24.gif
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Guys.....or anyone.....why would you not tell your wife/gf/mom etc she had a lot of facial hair? I mean, I guess she would have to know for herself so maybe this is irrelevant. I had to meet someone new a couple days ago and she ALMOST could post in the beards thread. That’s an exaggeration. But it was a lot. I get some people don’t care but when they seem to care about their appearance in other ways.....why? I hope someone tells me if it ever comes down to this.

The gf has somewhat of a beard and we're close enough that I just flat out tell her that it's growing back in and to wax or sometimes I pluck it for her.
    Strangers or freinds though I would never. I just politely ignore it.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    ladies/guys-

Unnecessary.

Also, - (un)related - my phone has no lock code, is on silent/no notis and I leave it in another room most of the time. Basically, it's ripe for the picking I guess.

But...

Please at least lock it. It’s not about what you do or have on it, it’s about what other less than reputable people could do as you if they stole it.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    ladies/guys-

Only time I went through someone's phone was because I had good reason and I was right. But, just as a routine thing? No. BUT....🤔 I am judge and jury, private investigator so if I have good suspicion, definitely.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    ladies/guys-

Only time I went through someone's phone was because I had good reason and I was right. But, just as a routine thing? No. BUT....🤔 I am judge and jury, private investigator so if I have good suspicion, definitely.

Judge, jury, and PI... busted out the ol’ Cellebrite on that phone eh?
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    If anybody ever tried to be sneaky with anything of mine including my phone....id eliminate them from my intimate circle. I would not do that to anyone. If i suspected something than it was because there are other reasons. Im not trying to put together a prosecution case.....if i have doubts then its done. If they have doubts they can either walk or deal with it.....but stay the hell away from my personal property.
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ladies/guys-

Unnecessary.

But...

Please at least lock it. It’s not about what you do or have on it, it’s about what other less than reputable people could do as you if they stole it.

🥺 You're not wrong. Sigh... (figures out lock code patterns vs PINs vs fingerprints vs retinal scans vs 😩)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    ladies/guys-

Hmm, how you get past the fingerprint scan?
    Educate me, Guru

...and for the record, anyone who leave their alerts on their phone visible - I am drawn to (the phone, not them)
    ...so just sayin - may be curious, but (want to say prob wouldn't go through phone, but then think "depends on the guy"... ... ... WHO AM I!?)
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Would you rather go to the gym together or separately?

If you go together, do you prefer to do the same exercises or do your own thing?
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    Would you rather go to the gym together or separately?

If you go together, do you prefer to do the same exercises or do your own thing?

Going together is fine but after the warm-up, he's on his own.