Coronavirus prep

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Happy thanksgiving from Ozzy land kimmy! You're pretty awesome, always know that.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Can someone please help me figure this out because I am very confused. I was tested on Nov. 16th, any symptoms I might've been having then were vague. My results came back the 19th as positive and I'd been feeling tired for a couple days. Aside from the tiredness, one of my glands was a little sore for a day but that was it. When the health dept. called they based the quarantine time on when my symptoms started(according to them they said the 18th but It was probably more like the 17th) and added 10 days onto that. So, technically am I safe going out tomorrow, the 28th or should I err on the side of caution and wait until Sunday? The problem is I've already promised someone I could be there for them tomorrow. :( I have felt fine for the past few days. To me, the fact that I feel absolutely fine and the onset f my symptoms were vague to begin with, plus they're even thinking or decreasing the amount of quarantine time.....dh says no, I say I'm fine. :( And the person I promised to be there for really needs me. :(
    So, what say you everybody?? I feel I've done my time and will still play by the rules, being even more vigilant if that's possible.

Here, in Italy, you need to retest to be sure you're not still carrying the virus. In a cousin's family, who all got it, after the quarantine time --2 still tested positive and had to wait and then retest again before they could go out. You have to test negative to be sure.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    New topic - who is going black friday shopping after quarantining for Thanksgiving? :P

Obviously, not me. I will be venturing into the very empty grocery store for like five key items.

I guess this was a topic in this morning's paper. Hubby was chatting with me about it. I guess the article was noting how there are lots of instructions regarding limiting holiday visitations, but comparatively little chat about not swamping the stores tomorrow.

Aren't stores limited in how many can go in? Ours are limited to 25% capacity.

I wonder if the capacity limits are a regional thing. That was the case here in Mass back in the Spring/Summer. I have not seen capacity counters in stores for a while. I personally am like @Kshama2001, I intentionally avoid black friday shopping and do not even recall ever shopping that day.

I still see the people counters, but wonder if the Market Basket in Plymouth is actually still enforcing the 25% capacity rule. As a general rule, I don't go to MB on the weekend anymore, but did one weekend because my Mom was going to go and it was the only way to keep her out of the store. It seemed as busy as it was in the spring when there was a line to get in the door, but there was no line.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    New topic - who is going black friday shopping after quarantining for Thanksgiving? :P

Obviously, not me. I will be venturing into the very empty grocery store for like five key items.

I guess this was a topic in this morning's paper. Hubby was chatting with me about it. I guess the article was noting how there are lots of instructions regarding limiting holiday visitations, but comparatively little chat about not swamping the stores tomorrow.

Not me...I haven't ever done it anyway, but no stores here are open other than essentials...and even those are limited to 25% capacity of 75 people, whichever is smaller.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    At my work (a community hospital, part of a smallish hospital system in Louisiana), if you’ve been exposed but have no fever, you’re expected to work as normal. If you’ve been “proven to be exposed” and have a fever, you get 7 days off (and use your PTO) and are expected back to work 24 hours after your last fever. No fever? Get to work. These paltry rules (IMO) are due to lack of licensed staff - they need a body to fill a shift, no matter what.

The lack of licensed staff is leading to positive testing staff without symptoms staying pulling shifts in covid-19 isolation wards to protect non positive staff. Most health care workers are not being blanked tested it seems since negative test results are 2-4 days out of date any way.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,828 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Just turned on the TV and the NY Macy's Thanksgiving day parade is on. Only saw one float before going to ad and writing this. But, for that float with handlers walking shoulder to shoulder and only a few feet apart, no one had on a mask. How is this permitted? Don't say testing, because in any other situation, testing would not be deemed adaquate. So tired of the do as I say........

From what I understand... there are no handlers this year... all the floats are being driven by one person in a car. No one is there in a crowd at all.

ETA- https://www.macys.com/social/parade/

@chef_barbell That's good news. I have no idea what was on the TV then. I was annoyed so I turned it off.

They broadcasted older footage. We initially were shocked to see crowds of people lining the streets, etc...then we realized it was old footage.

thanks @cwolfman13 that is good news. Thank you for my correction!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,828 Member
    @kshama2001 @cwolfman13 I did my little retail foray today.

Drove through the walmart parking lot. Was reasonably full but not crazy. Some nice new signage for online and curbside picked, so they are perfecting this service. volume of people going in and out was higher than I regularly see, but I typically am not there even on a weekend, so IMO it did not look bad.

Mailed a card out my window and into a PO blue box, and did a deposit at an ATM.

Was not busy in the grocery store, but like a regular Friday. No one checking for masks or # of people like back in May. Directional arrows are still on the floor and there is only one entrance and one exit still ATM. Good number of people ignored the floor arrows, but there were so few of us, there were no collisions. Got home and realized I forgot one important item on the list. Will be having to go back in. The cats want their litter!!