What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    I try to stay away from foods that scream SOY because of breast cancer in the family even tho I'm never sure if I need to.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    (...) MILK- dairy is NOT for humans.

It's pretty funny, I love cheese, yogurt, sour cream, etc... but don't like milk...
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    People with Milk allergies, digestive issues and the hormones. My ancestors are from Sicily. Cheese? Then and there, perhaps. Today in the USA...nope. Of course everyone will disagree. Cheese, cream, yogurt taste great.
    Also, there is nothing wrong with anyone's personal preference. This is about unpopular opinions. All the disagrees were expected. The soy comment " motivated" me 😂😂
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Well I'm on a ketogenic diet, which is fantastic for me. Many of my friends tell me it's a fad diet, that they don't trust any diet that limits fruit, that I'm doing damage to my body, and so on. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if I disagree with your diet and it is working for you, I won't shame you for it. Live and let live!
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    edited December 2020
    Liver is one of my favorite foods, I'd rather eat it any day over muscle meat. Floral flavors like lavender, rose, hibiscus are amazing. Artificial cherry is delicious and I've never thought 'cough syrup".

I dislike pasta, I only eat it because everyone else loves it but I'd rather eat anything else. It tastes meh and the texture is ick. Only things I actually enjoy once in awhile are lasagna, Mac and cheese and gnocchi, But honestly could live without them. Ranch dressing is disgusting.

Bread is just uncooked toast
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    (Most) white bread is boring and just there to carry the flavour of whatever stuff you put on it.

This may not be an unpopular opinion where I am from (Germany, where rye sourdough and mixed sourdough breads are the norm) , but seems to be one where I live. ( NZ, where even the "wholemeal bread" seems awfully pale to me. But they somehow have a whole big shelve of white and white-ish cut bread from several brands in the supermarket.)
  • brittanynicholex
    brittanynicholex Posts: 34 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Kale should be eradicated from the planet

YES! Kale sucks.

While I have to agree, my guinea pigs LOVE kale, so theyd probably be upsent :lol:
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    This is going to be very unpopular.... about 99% items posted in the "if I didnt have the calories" thread are, to me, gross and absolutely not worth the calories. :) weather I have them or not.

honestly for me it is more "if it didn't have CHEMICALS or not" rather than the calories haha
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    (Most) white bread is boring and just there to carry the flavour of whatever stuff you put on it.

This may not be an unpopular opinion where I am from (Germany, where rye sourdough and mixed sourdough breads are the norm) , but seems to be one where I live. ( NZ, where even the "wholemeal bread" seems awfully pale to me. But they somehow have a whole big shelve of white and white-ish cut bread from several brands in the supermarket.)

Sooooooo whats stopping you from baking your own "proper" bread?
    And any bread is just a base for the toppings.

Not a bad question. 🙂

Have done it in the past, but if is not as easy as going to the next supermarket, getting ingredients, and having a bread in a few hours.

Finding rye flour is hard. And it also is surprisingly expensive whenever I manage to find it.(not "you cannot buy this" expensive, but still a bit annoying.)

I have to set up the sourdough, so if I want bread now it will be a few days (at best) till I actually have it.

(I have to get over the fact that the crust is never as perfect as from bakery bread, because at that point I am just whining.)

----

Also, especially fresh dark sourdough is something I happily eat without any toppings. It's got a nice taste on it's own. - But it's ok if you disagree. This whole thread is not exactly for opinions others are supposed to agree on, is it?

Its funny how we can always find a reason or two why NOT to do something hahaha
    But if you really miss that bread, source the ingredients, make the started and keep it. As long as you feed it, it will live forever. Flour, I bet you can find it for a decent price if you actually look, and just in the store :) how bad do you miss the bread :)

And I dont disagree at all. I fully agree. Also why I never ever buy that sorry excuse for bread. To me there is nothing better than home baked bread and nice good quality butter, plus some flaky salt. We used to have thread about "so I was going to bake my first bread".

Agree about home-baked bread: I started because I have to watch my salt intake and commercial bread can be high in sodium. First loaves were very sad, but after keeping at it, I can pull out a decent hunk of bread. I don't go the sourdough route because I know I'd forget to take care of it and it would suffer; but you don't need sour dough to come up with a flavorful levener: just make a biga, and that'll do you nicely.
  • pancakerunner
    cold oatmeal > hot

oatmeal with a ton of toppings is gross
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Nutella is an oversweet insult to both chocolate and hazelnuts.

Agreed. Chocolate and hazelnut done right would be a Ferrero Rocher or two, or four, or ...
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    edited December 2020
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...
    Even a dab of mustard the size of a mustard seed is too much for me!
  • pancakerunner
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...

I could eat it by the spoon!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

^^and that would be the total opposite of me...but I agree with you about 'Nutella' - I've made my own version of a Hazelnut/dark chocolate spread and is pretty good. But yes, Ferrero Rocher rocks

@pancakerunner - I'm down with that...and have done it!
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

^^and that would be the total opposite of me...but I agree with you about 'Nutella' - I've made my own version of a Hazelnut/dark chocolate spread and is pretty good. But yes, Ferrero Rocher rocks

@pancakerunner - I'm down with that...and have done it!

Yes! Stone ground especailly