What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Taco Bell (burrito and taco) is some of the worst food I've ever tasted.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...
    Even a dab of mustard the size of a mustard seed is too much for me!

Try Bavarian sweet mustard if you ever have the chance. You may still hate it, but it honestly tastes very different to any other mustard I can think of, so you may not.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...

Try Bavarian sweet mustard if you ever have the chance. You may still hate it, but it honestly tastes very different to any other mustard I can think of, so you may not.

Thanks. I'll try it, if I ever get a chance. I"ve acquired a taste for other foods I didn't like at one time: bell peppers and cilantro are two that come to mind.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I love mustard, too. But can’t imagine eating a spoonful. For me, “a little dab’ll do ya”
  • pger98
    pger98 Posts: 2 Member
    I do not understand why you have to put Avocado on everything and say it is healthy! I have tried. Oh and Built Bars......gross
  • pger98
    pger98 Posts: 2 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Shrimp make me physically ill just looking at them.

As I get older, I agree.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member

I could eat it by the spoon!
    SAME!
  • frankwbrown
    cold oatmeal > hot

oatmeal with a ton of toppings is gross
    Yum. (had hot apple and brown sugar oatmeal w/ blackberries this morning)

Habanero peppers
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    cold oatmeal > hot

slimy oatmeal is gross but if you don't over cook it and combine with some fruit it can be delightful
  • frankwbrown
    cold oatmeal > hot

Yum. (had hot apple and brown sugar oatmeal w/ blackberries this morning)

Habanero peppers

oops! got this confused with the Yum or Yuck thread. :D

I love habanero peppers, and hot pepper sauces. Though, I've never tried the ghost pepper or Carolina Reaper, etc.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Products marketing toward kids should not be allowed
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member

I eat a ton of mustard, and could also eat it by the spoon. Basically I love anything vinegar-y I guess. 😁🥄
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

I eat a ton of mustard, and could also eat it by the spoon. Basically I love anything vinegar-y I guess. 😁🥄

Same!! I definitely wouldn't do that now, but as a kid I used to drink vinegar and franks hot sauce straight from the bottle I loved and craved it so much. Wonder if I had something wrong in my diet that was causing me to have such strong cravings for vinegar, lol. Also love pickles.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Plain Starbucks coffee is disgusting and bitter. Only the blonde roast is somewhat tolerable, and only after adding tons of almond milk, stevia and flavored coffee syrup
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    I love good black coffee (in fact, I dislike sweetened coffee, and with rare exception prefer black to coffee with cream or milk), but don't care much for Starbucks' coffee. (I usually get an Americano if Starbucks is my only option.)
  • pancakerunner
    I used to love starbucks... but now I can't stand it. Only thing I like is the nitro
  • pancakerunner
    not really an unpopular opinion... but an opinion. I think more things should be pizza flavored
  • pancakerunner
    Soup: I don't trust it. Especially from restaurants
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Soup: I don't trust it. Especially from restaurants

Omg yes agree. After years of working for panera and other restaurants.... it just really turns me off. Same with salsa bars at places like Moe's.