WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Tracey how wonderful that you were able to have some lucid time with your mom! And isn't it wonderful how folks will step up (going out and buying tv's for strangers, for example) in trying times!
    Michele, I agree with Machka, stores etc will just have to adjust their schedules. That was one of the first things that stores in my area did was change their hours to allow for more cleaning time. Not to mention restocking time!
    Rebecca, Athena and her unicorn hat, so cute!
    Allie, so glad you are going home soon! Do take care.....
    And the memory fails..... Fairly uneventful day for me today. Did get the Christmas decorating finished, happy about that. Also made some banana muffins, had 6 bananas on the counter and they were not happy, now I have 12 regular size muffins for hubby and 24 mini muffins that I intend to take over for my grandkids tomorrow.
    Our PHO (provincial health officer) has declared no large gatherings for Christmas so I will be talking to our son and daughter in law to see if they still want to go ahead and do dinner on Christmas day. The orders extend til Jan 8. We are far from a large gathering, it would only be 4 adults and 2 small children and none of us have been out and about too much. And when we are, we are masked and careful, but we want to stay safe. Although, there is more chance of us having time off at the same time if we actually have dinner at Christmas, but, again, we do want to stay safe. It will be discussed!
    That's it for me, I still have laundry to fold and as it's on my bed, it will have to be done before I can get into bed and it's getting close to that time.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating (YAY Machka!) and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: made holiday nut crunch, wrapped M’s rum balls and packed with other goodies, stroll with T & D, mise en place: almond crescents, English toffee
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call CD, call R, email info to grantwriter, watch STAS Day 18 (go sniff), submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Do Good December
    8: Do something helpful for a friend or family member: note to J.

Miss Kelly “gummies flavored with alcohol” what a concept! I’m in trouble now :laugh:
    Heather Thoroughly enjoyed Johnny’s Round Robin. Would you thank him for me?
    Karen in VA tears sprang to my eyes at your Josephina Ballerina update. Thank you!
    Tracey ((hugs))
    Tina wish a case could be made that your situation qualifies as emergency/essential and not “elective”. Is there no one who can advocate for you?
    Lisa you can do anything… including slow and steady baby steps. Honest you can!
    Fae hoping all went well at your appointment.
    Allie so relieved to see your update, was getting worried. Hope Sean and Jean take good care of you, they surely ought to!
    Lanette, I’ve heard of lots of cracked teeth too lately 
    Machka con VERY gratulations.
    Debbie how frustrating! Hope there’s something you can do to shake your body up. Have a feast day of twice as many calories as usual? Followed by a fast day? Have you checked your measurements, maybe you’re getting leaner?
    Evelyn your laundry-on-the-bed strategy is just what I need. My laundry is still in the dryer and I’m headed to bed. Will fold in the morning :laugh:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh: 8, steps>5505=7666 vits=8 log=8 CI<CO=8 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=8 mfp=8 outside=8 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx= dance= clean 30 mins=1.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=5 play=0 sew=0
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Machka - I still have dreams about my 'A Levels' - the exams you take at the end of secondary school. And that was 56 years ago!
    Enjoy your graduation day. It will be different, but probably even more enjoyable. :flowerforyou:

Dentist again today, just a brief clean, they couldn’t do a clean and an exam together because of the different cleaning regimes between patients. A nuisance, but not hugely annoying.
    Then I've got a Zoom with my girlfriends. :)

Off to wash my hair.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: Thank you for posting. I am delighted that you are feeling better. :heart:

Lanette: I couldn’t find Xlear, either. :grumble:

Machka: Congratulations on your Master of Information Technology & Systems degree!!!!! :star:

(((Rori))): Hugs to all three of you & Mars. I think of you often. :heart:

Barbie: So sorry about your trip & fall. I hope your goose egg and knee heal quickly. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I recently had a dentist office visit & they cleaned my teeth. Next visit is coming up in a week or so to fix a damaged tooth. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well.

Our Governor has created a draft Covid-19 Vaccination Plan for Oregon. Phase 1-A People serving in healthcare settings who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials & are unable to work from home. Phase 1-B: Other essential workers, & people at higher risk of severe COVID 19 illness, including people 65 years of age and older. The message goes on from there and I don’t want to write it all. I gather DH & I fall into the 1-B group. We are 65+ & DH has a number of autoimmune problems. We will line up for our immunizations as soon as the opportunity arises.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Heather: Johnny writes an excellent Round Robin which entertains and informs in equal measures. A worthy witty companion for you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) Goose egg on my forehead is gone and I Slept well.

:)Katla and Lanette, Did you look on Amazon for Xlear?

:)Machka, i have been retired from teaching for 16 years and still have dreams about arriving at the first day of school, unprepared and wearing a flannel nightgown.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options

Played scrabble with younger son last night. Played with window open did get a bit chilly...2zd4ztafsc7x.jpg

Thirty year old tree... I tried taking it with lights on. I used cool white in the middle. They do not photograph well..
    e9spa9ie106d.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    🐕‍🦺
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Newsletter I send. Putting it together gives me a chance to reflect on the past year. The good and the hard palces..
    g1tpbn7wineh.jpg
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 congrats on the degree!! so happy for you
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Barbie said "I have been retired from teaching for 16 years and still have dreams about arriving at the first day of school, unprepared and wearing a flannel nightgown."

I was so glad to see this! I have been retired from teaching for 12 years and I cannot tell you how many times I have dreamed I was back in the classroom.

Margaret
    Your 30 yrs old tree is lovely. Ours is a tall 6.5' tree that we got for -$30 one year after Christmas at an antique shop. We leave the lights on and cover it at the end of the season with garbage bags in the basement. It has served us well and we love the lights.

Machka
    Congrats on your official graduation certificate. I got married when I had 2 quarters left to finish my degree and didn't go back until 3 yrs later to do so. Left my office job on a Friday to go back to school on Monday and returned to that office job on Monday after finishing my courses on a Friday. Never went to a graduation ceremony...just got my degree in the mail.

Allie
    So glad to hear that your are getting a go-home date and hope you will not need further surgery. Hoping that Jean and Sean will take good care of you as your recover. I know you must miss your puppy terribly and hope you will be reunited soon.

Thyme
    Hoping no one will feel this is too much about religion!
    What church is your son associated with if I may ask? My daughter-in-law's whole family have been members of the Johnson Ferry Baptist Church for many years and her mom takes mission trips to Tanzania. My husband and I have not been member of a church for quite a long time but still believe.

I have ordered so many gifts online and am just crossing my fingers and hoping they all get delivered.

Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Machka: 👩🏼‍🎓 Congratulations 👩🏼‍🎓

Allie: Glad that you have a good plan for thee future.

🥰🥰🥰 Athena Rose and her unicorn hat

Virtual hugs to all 🫂 🫂 🫂

☘️ Terri
  • WThyme
    WThyme Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Thyme
    What church is your son associated with if I may ask? My daughter-in-law's whole family have been members of the Johnson Ferry Baptist Church for many years and her mom takes mission trips to Tanzania. My husband and I have not been member of a church for quite a long time but still believe.

How exciting for her to participate in trips to other countries! I'm familiar with Johnson Ferry. They have many outreach programs that benefit, not just the congregants, but the community in general.

Jordan currently plays primarily at Mountain West Church in Stone Mountain. Something that I didn't understand about professional praise musicians, is that they are not always members of the churches where they play. They may also play for a number of different churches at different times or even additional bands. Before COVID, Jordan had 2 other places that he occasionally played. One was in Acworth, the other was for a Wednesday night youth service at a church in Marietta. In the past, he also made money by producing/recording music for singer/songwriters. He's gotten away from that aspect of the business a little, at least for now. In fact, come January, (after all the extra Christmas music, rehearsals/performances) he gets to consider new, additional ways to pay the bills. If you happened to check out a current Mountain West Church Video, Jordan will be the rather thin electric guitarist. (My inspiration to continue eating healthy and stay active!)
    Thyme in Georgia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Hi Azalea! I'm stuck too, despite my CICO being weighted on the CO. I've cut down a bit on the CI, but nothing is happening. I think the body gets used to a certain balance. ;) I did lose 57 lbs over 6 years ago, but a few have crept back on. That was before covid, and since then has stayed the same. So I can’t blame the virus. It's just a puzzle. :*
    Anyway, WELCOME!

Dentist all masked up like a covid ward with a negative pressure mask. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx