Options

Replies

• cthill1
    Options
    You look great
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    any apprehension I had about having kids and not wanting to "ruin" my hot body you all just got rid of....not to mention made me want a baby bump SOOOOOOOO bad!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

Not all the way there yet, but close.

OMG!!! YOu look fantastic, thanks for sharing..great motivation!
  • butterfly0819
    Options
    Here I am at 39 weeks with baby #2. I was 120 pounds when I got pregnant and was about 178 here (gave birth a couple of days later). The second picture is of me now (he's 8 but I lost all of my weight by the time he was 18 months). However my stomach looks much better now than ever due to the weight training. I do mostly heavy weights and little cardio. I just watch my diet and workout 4-5 times a week for about 45 minutes. I weigh 110 now.

39wks.jpg

belly.jpg
    WOW!!!! Ok - so what did you eat and what weight training did you do?? I want to look like that!!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Sorry, no picks to share from pregnancy, or shortly after birth, but I will give you the visual
    Im 5'1" pre BW 130-140 didnt look pregnant until about 6 1/2 months small bump, at 7 months I woke up one morning & I swear it was like I swalloed an inflatable raft!
    at full term I was 198 lbs (my son was almost 8 lbs & left the hospital weighing the same as I went in so I dont get that!)
    lost majority of weight first year, was down to 145 before I started on MFP.
    CW 129. flat belly.... no six pack yet... but I have the most pathetic flap of stretched out skin. Tons of stretch marks, which dont bother me,they are earned, deserved battle scars! but that flap of skin has really gotta go!
    anyone ever see the movie CLICK with Adam Sandler??
    ( not as bad as that but always makes me laugh cus thats how I see it!)

my thighs are the big thing that keep storing the fat for a hard winter.
  • Vogue126
    Vogue126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I heard that this can be caused by the muscles separating and that there is a "test" to do it. I just happened to google it this morning to try tonight. http://www.pregnancytoday.com/expertqa/weight-gain-and-loss/i-have-heard-that-if-my-abdominal-muscles-are-separated-i-should-6200/ I have read that to flatten your stomach with separated muscles, crunches are the LAST thing to do - do planks, work your obliques, etc. Apparently skip the crunches. I feel like my skin also needs to be tightened, so I am using retinol on it (to "damage" the skin and create new collagen) and then a firming cream. It seems to be helping.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    35 lbs heavier
    4724930317_408096989e.jpg
    35 lbs lighter Not my recent picture. I think my pouch is even smaller now because of all the strength training I have been doing.
    5839460856_c3efd91d8d.jpg
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I heard that this can be caused by the muscles separating and that there is a "test" to do it. I just happened to google it this morning to try tonight. http://www.pregnancytoday.com/expertqa/weight-gain-and-loss/i-have-heard-that-if-my-abdominal-muscles-are-separated-i-should-6200/ I have read that to flatten your stomach with separated muscles, crunches are the LAST thing to do - do planks, work your obliques, etc. Apparently skip the crunches. I feel like my skin also needs to be tightened, so I am using retinol on it (to "damage" the skin and create new collagen) and then a firming cream. It seems to be helping.

Omigosh.. thanks for sharing!! Mine are of course separated.. good to know!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    genetics will decide if your skin will snap back or not, I opted for a tummy tuck and couldn't be happier....the best part was stretch marks are all gone as well!!! good luck to you whichever way works! =D
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BUMP

And wow everyone who put pics up - you all look awesome!

Before I had my son I was slightly over weight, gave birth by c section and lost more weight than I had put on. So afer my first I was skinny with no belly pouch - it was awesome. THEN I got pregnant with my daughter, no c section this time. After she was born I lost all the baby weight in about 6 weeks and again looked great. BUT I have slacked in the last year and put on a significant amount of fat. I find after having children that I get the pouch if I put on weight, whereast before I had the kids even if I put on weight I didn' thave that pouch I was jush chunky all over lol.

You ladies are truly inspirational!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump. My daughter is almost 8 and I still can't get rid of the pouch. My abs actually split, my innie became an outie, and I have more stretchmarks than a zebra has stripes. I think a tummy tuck is in my future. I am very tiny but still very selfconcious of my stomach.

*EDIT- I thought I'd share this with everyone....

www.theshapeofamother.com

If you ever start to feel bad about yourself because of the body we have left over from pregnancy...take a look at this site and you will feel blessed.

This sounds like a diastasis; which is what I have. The ab walls have seperated and my belly button pokes out. My doctor has told me to NOT do crunches as this will further seperate them (I also have 2 pregnancy induced hernias) . Google it and compare to see if your belly looks like any of them. If it is, the only true remedy is surgery :( Sucks b/c no matter how much weight I lose I'll have the belly until I can get my ab reinforced. And it's considered cosmetic so insurance won't cover it.
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I don't expect to ever lose the pouch. I have a belly that looks decidedly zebra striped and weak. I am working my abs (and, of course, I have LOTS of weight to shed), but, for now, I'd like a FLATTER zebra belly. LOL Seeing some of you who have lost it gives me hope. Thanks for this!
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump. My daughter is almost 8 and I still can't get rid of the pouch. My abs actually split, my innie became an outie, and I have more stretchmarks than a zebra has stripes. I think a tummy tuck is in my future. I am very tiny but still very selfconcious of my stomach.

If you ever start to feel bad about yourself because of the body we have left over from pregnancy...take a look at this site and you will feel blessed.

This sounds like a diastasis; which is what I have. The ab walls have seperated and my belly button pokes out. My doctor has told me to NOT do crunches as this will further seperate them (I also have 2 pregnancy induced hernias) . Google it and compare to see if your belly looks like any of them. If it is, the only true remedy is surgery :( Sucks b/c no matter how much weight I lose I'll have the belly until I can get my ab reinforced. And it's considered cosmetic so insurance won't cover it.

Will insurance not even cover the hernia and muscle repair portion? I have had 3 c-sections and also have the separated ab walls and a hernia too. I was hoping to get it repaired and throw in a tummy tuck! I can't even do any ab workouts now because of the pain, so I am stuck with this belly for now.
  • judy20in2011
    Options

Will insurance not even cover the hernia and muscle repair portion? I have had 3 c-sections and also have the separated ab walls and a hernia too. I was hoping to get it repaired and throw in a tummy tuck! I can't even do any ab workouts now because of the pain, so I am stuck with this belly for now.

It will cover the hernia repairs (I have 2, lucky me!) but after discussing w/the dr. he thinks it's not a great idea to do them seperately. I tend to agree. Why go through 2 heavy operations, do them both at once. BUt then you get into the trickiness of billing. DUMB considering your ab walls supports your back. Evidently it's quite a process to reinforce the ab walls, 6" incision and literally pulling them back together and reinforcing. OUCH! I really look forward to getting it down though even though it's going to hurt like crazy! He did mention throwing in a tummy tuck while they were at it.
  • tebumgarner
    Options
    My stomach is my problem area, so it was my worst part to begin with. I had a c-section, so I don't think that helps. My abs have never been the same since! I am almost at my goal weight (at my first goal weight but decided I might need to still lose some) but I can still look six months pregnant if I forget to suck it in. So frustrating! I don't know if I'll ever get rid of the pouch, and it's a little depressing to consider.
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Great job everyone! I hope to be able to tone down the jiggly tummy too! I know when I got skinny before (not healthy, not tone) it was still pretty flabby. This time around may be different!
  • judy20in2011
    Options
    My stomach is my problem area, so it was my worst part to begin with. I had a c-section, so I don't think that helps. My abs have never been the same since! I am almost at my goal weight (at my first goal weight but decided I might need to still lose some) but I can still look six months pregnant if I forget to suck it in. So frustrating! I don't know if I'll ever get rid of the pouch, and it's a little depressing to consider.

If it's any comfort, I have been asked on more than once when my baby was due!! Mind you, my "baby" is now 5! SO depressing when that happens.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I've resolved myself to the fact that I will never get rid of my flap (2 c-sections), if I start saving now, maybe I can afford a mini tuck in 10 years ;-P

Anyway, I was overweight (50lbs)before having kids (for at least 5 years), my signature has me a couple years before kids

here I am preggo with my first:
    PregnancyPics005.jpg

here is my belly about a month ago:
    DSC_8875.jpg
    DSC_8876.jpg

I have these fatty deposits around my belly button that I just can't get rid of. The rest of my body is tone and beautiful to me, this is the only thing I hate. Once marathon training is over, I hope to go into a weight lifting focused training routine in hopes this will cut down the fat there!

I'm in awe and completely jealous of all the ladies who's skin bounced back! You look amazing!
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 kids. I started out bigger but these are the pictures I have uploaded at the moment. I also have a patch of skin that you cant see that looks wrinkled but that probably won't go away without surgery.
    Round2-30ds-Side.jpg
    Round2-30ds-Front.jpg

A little bit more about my pics the first one I think I'm 166 in and the last one I'm 156 in The last child was more then 11 years ago but took me finding out I was 185 to start losing weight I tried twice before but it didn't stick. I do have a pregnancy pic if you guys would like to see how but I had gotten during. I think I was 176 and don't know how much I was after I gave birth to my youngest. I am now 147 and will be taking new pics soon if you'd like to see those as well... BTW forgot to mention I'm 5'5 also if you'd like to see about how big I was when I started my journey you can see it in my profile pics...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!