WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - thank you for asking. The answer on the antibiotics is that I'm hoping they worked, but reserving judgment for now. Will make that decision between New Year's and Christmas.

Machka - You and your husband look equally happy. What a wonderful accomplishment!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much. :):)

I think this is probably the best photo of my husband and me today ...

gpx0vuluvu0k.png

M in Oz

Congrats, you two look so great! So proud of you!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Fae
    I don't understand what you are saying! How did you get so many disagrees? Do you post on other forums than this one?

Glad you are hanging in there.

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    So this afternoon I have the rest of my hollandaise sauce over poached eggs, and bacon. I tried my best yesterday to do a complete fast, but it wasn't meant for me. after going onto the computer after noon, I logged off and announced to "no one in particular" I AM HANGRY". I that I attacked the frig getting out stuff for a salad.
    Spinach leaves (a heavy handful)
    cut up 1/2 tomato
    6 slices of pickled beet
    bacon (from the little baggies for salad, but not that fake bacon stuff)
    candied walnuts (homemade)
    black sliced olives
    drizzled with yogurt avocado dressing

Then an hour later
    beef broth and toast.

On the good side it wasn't an OOPs day as I had fasted for 20 hours at 2pm. The good thing about fasting, is that you can't really mess up. I mean some days are better than others with everything.

Today I mailed the last of my late Christmas cards. Hey, to me, the holidays are Dec and Jan anyway. I had 4 international cards, so I just put 3 stamps on them. Even though an international stamp is $1.20, the thought of standing in line to save 45 cents on a card seems silly. Time is money, and time in a line where I could get COVID is not worth the hassle.

We are getting another wind advisory warning. I guess the "King Tides" are going strong out on the Oregon coast. That roar, its a reminder that mother nature is in control!

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I love the classics. I used to spend New Year's Eve at home watching them with my cats. It was very nice. Danny Kaye is one of my favorites too, as are Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.

Tina
    Audrey Hepburn is wonderful in that westeren with John Wayne, "Rooster Cogburn", and of course so endearing with Peter Fonda in "On Golden Pond". I have a tendency to watch movies over and over, like a good book, but for your eyeballs:-)

That was Katherine Hepburn, I believe. But I agree on watching over and over. It's a treat.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I loved Rooster Cogburn, and I think John Wayne did a great job portraying his character. :star: I always liked Katherine Hepburn in any role she played. :heart:
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Fayetta: I'm the guilty party. I wrote a post, made a typo, and tried to fix it. I didn't do it on purpose and had no intentions of hurting your feelings. I hit the undo button 3 times. I couldn't undo a trembling hand because I was upset with my own typo. Then I was timed out.

Katla

You didn't hurt my feeling. I am an old country girl and such doesn't hurt my feelings. When I get a shipload of negative emotions for expressing my opinion, it fires up the warrior mode in me. Not hurt feelings, but disgust for unidentified opposition.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I love the classics. I used to spend New Year's Eve at home watching them with my cats. It was very nice. Danny Kaye is one of my favorites too, as are Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.

Tina
    Audrey Hepburn is wonderful in that westeren with John Wayne, "Rooster Cogburn", and of course so endearing with Peter Fonda in "On Golden Pond". I have a tendency to watch movies over and over, like a good book, but for your eyeballs:-)

That was Katherine Hepburn, I believe. But I agree on watching over and over. It's a treat.

It was hepburn
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Lanette, gargling with Everclear! lol yup that oughta cure whatever ails ya! Especially if you swallow too!
    Evelyn
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I find Creme de Menthe a very good cure for winter ailments! :D Just had two tonight. >:)B)

Proud of DH tonight. After a little prompting from me (he hates phoning) he rang his 94 yr old aunt, on his father's side, for a Christmas chat. He really enjoyed it. She was totally compos mentis, but in a quandary as to what to do about Christmas. Her family are not very intelligent, to say the least, and are planning a gathering of around 11 people. She doesn't really want to go.
    She used to look after DH when he was a little boy and his mother was having a bipolar interlude. He was shipped off to stay with her and she has always had a soft spot for him. He was adopted and I think she felt sorry for him. She was quite young then. The poor boy was often farmed out to friends and neighbours. His father was a Baptist minister, so parishioners lent a hand when his mother couldn't cope. Christmas was nearly always very difficult.
    How far we have both come! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    This time of year almost any light makes me happier but Christmas lights are fun. Katla, I have to agree, to the point where I plug in the tree and the string that is in front of the (electric) fireplace, even though I'm going to work in a few hours! Hopefully, hubby enjoys the light when he gets up! Well, honestly, don't care if he does or not, I really like seeing it in the morning and enjoy seeing it lit up when I get home.
    Kelly, hope your back feels better soon!
    Allie, would you be able to go home with Alfie and some sort of home support? Sounds like you would be far more comfortable in your own home, not to mention happier having Alfie with you.
    Machka, I was unable to find you in the video, thank you for posting the photo of you and your hubby. You both look lovely and happy!
    Fae, I find it hard to believe that any regulars on this thread would have hit the disagree button on purpose, so it has to be trolls. Too bad the little weasels have nothing better to do!
    Had a few more thoughts in my head, but they vanished! Hugs to those needing them, congrats to all celebrating, and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    This time of year almost any light makes me happier but Christmas lights are fun. Katla, I have to agree, to the point where I plug in the tree and the string that is in front of the (electric) fireplace, even though I'm going to work in a few hours! Hopefully, hubby enjoys the light when he gets up! Well, honestly, don't care if he does or not, I really like seeing it in the morning and enjoy seeing it lit up when I get home.
    Kelly, hope your back feels better soon!
    Allie, would you be able to go home with Alfie and some sort of home support? Sounds like you would be far more comfortable in your own home, not to mention happier having Alfie with you.
    Machka, I was unable to find you in the video, thank you for posting the photo of you and your hubby. You both look lovely and happy!
    Fae, I find it hard to believe that any regulars on this thread would have hit the disagree button on purpose, so it has to be trolls. Too bad the little weasels have nothing better to do!
    Had a few more thoughts in my head, but they vanished! Hugs to those needing them, congrats to all celebrating, and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Be careful with the T-word and also comparing members to weasels. Such got me a warning for attacking other members how be it anonymous ones. You deserve an inspiring for your courage.
  • Katla49
    Options
    I have been thinking about Tracey in Alberta. Has anyone heard from her lately? :star:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Lanette, gargling with Everclear! lol yup that oughta cure whatever ails ya! Especially if you swallow too!
    Evelyn

Evie- I posted gargling with Everclear as a joke but on second thought, might as well give the old GI a good scrubbing too! LOL. :D Hey why not?

Rain on the way, I think you and Barbie and Sue Betsy and Rebecca have been getting quite a bit today?

Lanette B)
  • Katla49
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Faetta: Congratulations on having a famous great cousin. Being related to the real Rooster Cogburn seems like a fun thing and a source of family pride, too. :bigsmile:
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Fae

Glad to see this discussion that began with your observation of the disagree's you were getting!
    I'm glad the ladies here began discussing it in earnest because I don't want it to happen to me!
    You are quite the trailblazer!

<3 charsuzy
    Western Washington state
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3