WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    11:26 on New Year's Eve. Just 34 minutes to the start of 2021.

And I am right where I want to be. In bed with my book beside me. :)

Machka in Australia

Happy New Year Machka!

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    I locked up my 20 for 20 goals and found I met 76% of them. 1 of the goals was a 0 all year due to CoVid, so if I remove that one I’ve done pretty good. I have my 20 for 21 list made out and will post that in tomorrow’s link!

I also discovered I gained 11 pounds this last year. I still need to lose 15 to be where I need to be. I’ve been doing IF this week 16/8 to 18/6 past five days. List 2 pounds in that time so looking like a good plan. Once I’m feeling better I can add in more walking exercise.

Soooo..... here’s to a much better year next year!

RV Rita still in Roswell, NM
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Flea-I hope they are more careful. All of my staff at work who have gotten covid got it from small groups of family and friends. Can you at least facetime or Zoom with your mom so you can put eyes on her until you get there?

Pip-Yogi just makes me smile.

Lisa-congrats on son’s job. It is good when we see our children happy. And I am curious as to how one makes a Mexican Shepherd’s pie.

Dr. Katie-congrats on hand progress!

Julie-sounds like you are steadily adding to your exercise-good job!

Machka-bike ride sounds like the perfect way for the two of you to end 2020.

Barbara-glad you found the leak before any major damage.

Sue in WA-hope DB and DSIL have a mild case.

Allie-sounds like you have quite the fashion dilemma going on! You are right-beats the alternatives. I am sure as time goes on you will figure out adaptations that work. And the weight of the device can help your NEAT so there is that positive.

Spending New Year's Eve day getting some things done I like to have caught up for New Year. Clean bedding, clean refrigerator, bathroom, etc. Also started taking down some of the drywall ceiling in basement I want to replace. Realized part of why I have put it off so long is my husband and I started it the Sunday before his demise began. I am breaking it down into 15 minute chunks a day (don't want to over do it or overwhelm). Surprised it is going more quickly than I thought. Need to go down and clean up from the first round. Haven't decided if I will try putting tracks with new ceiling up myself or pay to get it done. Will need to get someone in to do some electric work down there (need to put up a few led lights) and also get rid of the most of the "wires to nowhere." It's amazing how much of that stuff can run through your house-old phone lines and antennas no longer in use. While I do many things (even some basic plumbing)-I don't touch electricity! Feels good to get that project started.

Off to clean up drywall from the floor, then get the bathroom closet cleaned out.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Congrats on having an active and healthy dad! :star: Happy New Year!!!

Sue in WA: I hope your DB and DSIL do okay and fully recover. :flowerforyou:

Flea & Barbara: I worry about my DH, too. He has diabetes and MS. I do not want to add CoVid to the mix and we are very careful. We wear masks when in public, and so on. The only person other than us who has been inside our home is our plumber. All three of us wore masks. There will be an additional visit from the plumber when the part comes in and we fully anticipate that all of us will be masked again when he comes to install it. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Riding a bike in a breeze is not too scary BUT 35km/h gusting to 50 k is more than most of us can manage without falling or getting off to walk. Yikes! I forgot to ask whether it was a headwind or tailwind. I'm not sure, but I think a strong tailwind might be more dangerous even though pedaling might be easier. :star:

Viv: Good to see your post. :star:

Margaret: Beautiful art work!!! :flowerforyou:

Heather: Happy New Years!!! Alice Goodridge is tougher than I will ever be. I do NOT enjoy being both cold and wet at the same time. :noway:

Luannelizabeth: You will be welcome here if you find that you enjoy stopping in. We do a great deal of chatting about our lives and our exercise, but our eating habits are quite diverse from one another. It is a treat to learn about other people’s preferences & customs. I keep a food log every day and record my foods, calories & exercise. I do not share this information online. It is on my records here at MFP. Other people post foods, calories and exercise as they wish. :star:

Karen: I love the flashy graphics! :bigsmile:

JanetR: I will be happy to wave goodbye to 2020 when the clock strikes twelve later today. :heart:

I am hopeful that 2021 will bring vaccinations to all who need them and freedom from the CoVid pandemic for all of us.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    One more day and we will be through the holiday season. I'm so looking forward to my regular music returning to the radio. I've been feeling sluggish for so long, and music helps.

I have some things to do - trim dog nails, dye my hair, bake a cake - but instead I'm sitting in bed reading my phone again. I don't feel sad, just lethargic. My Dr said my thyroid was a little low. Maybe that's it.

My dad let a prescription expire, so that's created a fuss. Probably can't do much about it until Monday.

Annie in Delaware
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    AND...... we have heat. So the thermostat was fine, they crawled up in the attic unplugged the furnace, plugged it back in and MAGIC !!

If all else fails reboot :)

Janetr OKC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Annie
    I am thinking about you a lot! It seems like you are in a very depressing situation with having to be careful due to the virus and dealing with your mother. I pray that things will get better for you in this new year.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Luannelizabeth- This is a great group for getting/keeping your head on straight (which we all acknowledge is a huge part of wellness). Some of us post our daily fitness routines. WE discuss topics such as different meal/diet/food choices (keto, CICO, fodmap, ww, etc.), different exercises, menopause, health issues,...the list of topics is endless. Barbie will be posting a link to the January thread before the end of the day. I think it would be a good idea if we all post a little "getting to know me" paragraph about ourselves and maybe state our goals for the month of January/for the year. Many of us also pick a "word" to help us stay on track for the year. There is a lot of chit chat, but don't feel like you need to read everything (skimming is okay) and just hop in or introduce a topic you would like to see. Welcome and please join in! KJ (Kelly)

Pip- I have said it before and I will say it again; Yogi is a handsome guy! I think the wet pic of him is my favorite! <3

That’s one of my favorite ones too. He was a pup and I was teaching him how to sit
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    g3cuegmq4sdt.jpeg
    854c0jk2obtv.jpeg
    00wifp9tsf5b.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Just watched SINGING IN THE RAIN. :D
    Going to watch one more film, toast in the new year with Pedro Ximinez sherry and a very small piece of brownie and then to bed. I don't think there is a lot of point in going to bed early because someone, somewhere, will be letting off fireworks, even though get togethers are banned.
    Brownies came out fine. We've sent the kids a teasing text so they know to expect something, but they don't know what. :D

Pizza delivery went very well. It arrived hot. Completely stuffed and over calories, but not disastrously so because of my 950 burn today.
    One day is OK.

I'm one of the people who has had a good year. DH had a fall and banged his head, which has taken him ages to recover from. I strained my tendon, but I have been able to make good progress on my memoir and that is a wonderful gift to myself. All is well with the world as long as I am writing. Nothing is right if I am not.

Love to all, and see you in 2021.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janetr: I’m happy that you're enjoying heat again. Being cold in your own home is awful. I’ve rebooted my computer many times, but we haven’t had to “reboot” the furnace in several years. Thank goodness! I hope we never have to do it again. You, either. :star:

(((Annie))) Add my prayers for you to Carol’s prayers. I hope things get better for you in the new year. May 2021 be a better year for us all. :heart:

Pip & Kirby: Thank you both for your support in helping fight the battle against MS. :heart: :star::heart:

Heather: Happy New Years! Our turn comes soon. :flowerforyou:

We have finished our grocery shopping and had lunch. I think it is time to burn some calories on my tryke in the garage.

Happy New Years Eve Day

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    wjpp66h0x2br.jpg
    I woke up dreaming of this meal. Kodiak flapjacks made with milk and an egg, banana, peanut butter, walnuts and maple syrup. Sipping coffee and will start fast in 30 minutes. Cheers all!
    See you in the new thread. Hugs to Barbie for getting us there!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Ginny, you are so busy and handy. Yes, the recumband seems to be working out well for now.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rebecca

Those pancakes look scrumptious!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Worked today. The gym doesn’t open until 10 tomorrow so not sure that I’ll be able to get there. I like to go early, 10 isn’t early.

Katla – so glad you got those grab bars installed. Sometimes I wonder if maybe we shouldn’t right now when we don’t need it because some day we will (probably)

Just found out that I’ll be getting the vaccine before Vince because I’m over 65 and work in a grocery store. I guess working at Food Lion has its advantages….

Made the shortbread cookies we’ll have tonight. Later I want to at least brown the pork loin, I’ll put it in the IP shortly before they get here.

Lisa AR – here’s hoping your son gets the job

Allie – you are one trooper, that’s for sure. A visit with Alfie will probably do both of you good.

Vince and I will probably celebrate NYE like we usually do. Me in pajamas, watch the ball drop, call Denise and if needed Jess, go to bed. I know, sounds really exciting, huh? I say if needed call Jess because I’m not sure what she’s going to do. No one wants to spend NYE with their parents, and so far she and Colby haven’t said what they’re doing. Jess is at work right now and Colby is downstairs working. I feel bad in that I just leave him to fend for himself (get his own lunch, make his own coffee, etc) but when I’m working, I just can’t. This is probably for the best, anyway.

Drkatie – so glad you got that pin out

Browned the meat to put in the IP. I want to get the stove cleaned (it needs to cool first) and run the dishwasher before we have dinner. Also, need to clean my glasses since the grease splattered. I’d bought the cheese for the mac & cheese, only Jess ate most of it so I had to improvised with what I had. Honestly, I don’t think anyone will notice.

Happy New Year M!!!

Heather – congrats on the jogging

Luannelizabeth – welcome! We do discuss nutrition, diet, etc. We also discuss things that are happening in our lives that affects our eating/exercising. Like I discuss my foot. Can’t exercise anywhere near as much as I had in the past. Just give it time and you’ll see!

You know what I’m looking forward to after the New Year? Being able to get back to “normal” eating, a “normal” diet.

Janetr – yea for heat!

Michele NC
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Ginny in OH - Mexican Shepherd's Pie is layered in a medium-size, cast-iron skillet:
    • a layer of one pound of cooked taco meat (can be beef, chicken, pork (al pastor) ).
    • a layer of four cups of refried beans or black beans
    • a layer of cheesy rice (one cup of rice, toasted to brown in a tablespoon of oil, then add in two cups of chicken broth, garlic and onion. Those can be prepared as you like, whether chopped or minced. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for five minutes, then at a simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add one can of Ricos Nacho Cheese, or whatever cheese sauce makes you happy, and spread over the layer of beans).
    • Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes, until the top layer is browning and the skillet is bubbling at the edges. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, serve with salsa and tortilla chips.

This is not a diet food... and I have no clue as to serving size calories, etc., but it can be worked out with whatever set of ingredients you put in. It's just one of those incredibly comforting hot dishes for cold nights. My husband even asked for the leftovers to take to work today...
    :smiley:
    My own amount last night was less than 1/10th of the pan, all told, and he ate the remainder of the first half.
    :)

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa