Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Here's an infographic from Washington State about vaccine timelines.
    https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/VaccinationPhasesInfographic.pdf
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/VaccinationPhasesInfographic.pdf

I have found similar info for California, but even several of my family members fall into those categories when we call no one has any info (we've called our docs and checked our county health websites)
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options

Thanks so much! This means that my sister should get it soon. Although she is concerned and wants to wait for more data and is fine being somewhat of a hermit. I hope she DOES get it soon.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    In Oklahoma, county health departments are doing vaccinations. The news has been listing ways to contact them all. Oklahoma county started making appointments today.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    My mom got her first dose. She’s in rural TN. It was drive-by and took less than an hour in line. You had to have an appointment and then show proof of being over 75.

The only way she knew who to call was that a friend told her the night before that she heard about the number to call. I have looked at their county health department and can’t see any evidence of how to get the shot, and they told her they weren’t advertising it.

Who disagreed with this and why?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma county had nearly 200,000 apply for, over 111,000 approved for the vaccine today. Only 1200 doses available. All done early and it ran fairly smoothly, according to the local news. Now just waiting for more vaccine.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    My mom got her first dose. She’s in rural TN. It was drive-by and took less than an hour in line. You had to have an appointment and then show proof of being over 75.

The only way she knew who to call was that a friend told her the night before that she heard about the number to call. I have looked at their county health department and can’t see any evidence of how to get the shot, and they told her they weren’t advertising it.

I haven't heard anything here in Dyer County. Why would they not advertise?!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »

Someone with nothing better to do or don't know better I think. Oh yes the anti-vaxers maybe? Wonderful she got her shot. Hopefully she gets to have the next one when due.

Still no Covid here which I can't believe.

Maybe pro-vaxers do the same from time to time?
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    The disagree might have been since it was said they aren’t advertising it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

Also, because of the position of the disagree button, it's easy to inadvertently click it while scrolling through the page. Unless it's multiple disagrees, I assume it's accidental.

I think this is likely the answer, or perhaps rheddmobile has picked up a couple of "fans." The only thing I can think of as a "reason" to disagree is a deeply held belief that nobody over 75 should be driving? I've been hoping for driverless cars before I get to the point I can't drive safely anymore, but I don't think some arbitrary age should be the cut-off. Plenty of bad drivers of all ages.