GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    It wasn't pretty, but I got my 5x5x170lb squat!

tzc0c1ef3g2m.gif

Love everything about this! The outfit, the form, the determination and especially the celebration! Well done! :sweat_smile:
  • Tallawah_
    Options
    God forbid you're on my FB, insta and a friend on here. You'd be like... ENOUGH ALREADY. 😂

Tonight was a new high since starting back. Deadlifts. 5 @ 225lb
    9gcdlhm5rx1x.gif

In danger of repeating myself but add the wonder woman sign and smile to the list! Congratulations! :smile:
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    @Tallawah_ thank you very much!! 😊
  • Tallawah_
    Options
    Today was tough emotionally. Dealing with some medical issues, some emotional issues. I legit came into my basement wanting to cry. And I did. For a good fifteen minutes.

But then I lifted. And I made my weight.
    This is the last set. I'm going slower and watching the weight distribution - focusing on using my quads and reducing the pressure in my abdomen. Trying to watch for the hernia pressure and make sure I don't transfer weight / pressure into that area.

I'll work at this weight or lower for the next while, so likely won't post repeats. But I still did it.

I effin did it.

4f9g9oo2yq3r.gif

This is not an addiction. This is therapy. I do this because here I feel powerful whereas in so many areas of my life I feel powerless. Lifting heavy shows me that I am strong. I can push through the hard stuff. I am more than I think I am, and I can handle more crap thrown on my shoulders than I feel like I can some days.

copl6qvqepwo.gif
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Today was tough emotionally. Dealing with some medical issues, some emotional issues. I legit came into my basement wanting to cry. And I did. For a good fifteen minutes.

This is the last set. I'm going slower and watching the weight distribution - focusing on using my quads and reducing the pressure in my abdomen. Trying to watch for the hernia pressure and make sure I don't transfer weight / pressure into that area.

I'll work at this weight or lower for the next while, so likely won't post repeats. But I still did it.

I effin did it.

4f9g9oo2yq3r.gif

This is not an addiction. This is therapy. I do this because here I feel powerful whereas in so many areas of my life I feel powerless. Lifting heavy shows me that I am strong. I can push through the hard stuff. I am more than I think I am, and I can handle more crap thrown on my shoulders than I feel like I can some days.

Inspiring. Thanks for sharing❤
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @Tallawah and @PlentyofProtein00 thank you both so much. It was a rough day and I appreciate the encouragement! ❤️
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options

I effin did it.

4f9g9oo2yq3r.gif

That last rep looked like a grind for sure but you did it for sure. I am impressed by your form. I know due to your height its a lomg way down into the hole, and you are way down there. I'm like you as well, I get emotional and moving mass around helps me cope as well. There's nothing like a PR to change your mental state.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    That last rep looked like a grind for sure but you did it for sure. I am impressed by your form. I know due to your height its a lomg way down into the hole, and you are way down there. I'm like you as well, I get emotional and moving mass around helps me cope as well. There's nothing like a PR to change your mental state.

Thank you for this. It is a long bar path to travel, and sometimes the way back up feels even longer! Haha

I appreciate the feedback and it's nice to know that others feel like I do. Glad to call you friend!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Good job @KickassAmazon76
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Repeated 225lb tonight. Still a bit of rounding on the last rep, so I'll repeat it again.

5mcv5jianjig.gif
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    nxrvk9uzt9uy.gif

@KickassAmazon76 my gif quality doesn’t come out as nice as yours. Plus I cracked the screen on my phone yesterday 🤷‍♂️
    zkzu2gxho6jy.gif

Ugh... not this guy again 🙄
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    nxrvk9uzt9uy.gif

@KickassAmazon76 my gif quality doesn’t come out as nice as yours. Plus I cracked the screen on my phone yesterday 🤷‍♂️
    zkzu2gxho6jy.gif

Do ya think he's wearing yoga pants? 🤔
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    nxrvk9uzt9uy.gif

zkzu2gxho6jy.gif

Yes! He's back! 😁👌

I felt like I was talking to a mostly empty room!

LOVE the GIFs keep em coming!