Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    @uyister that is an interesting theory. I've heard that drinking water with a meal aids digestion (some coverage from Mayo Clinic so a reputable scientific source), but then digestion and how full you feel are different things! You're absolutely right not to take anything on faith but test for yourself - we're all so different when it comes to nutrition there's no one size fits all. Keep up the research :)
  • emmclean
    @Laughter_Girl I hear ya on the protein. I'm living a flexitarian lifestyle now - I still love eating meat but trying to be at least 50% veggie or vegan for environmental reasons (and stick to free range, organic meat for welfare reasons), it is quite a challenge to hit protein goals without meat and fish, and stay under my calorie goals. 100g of chicken breast is far fewer calories than 100g of nuts! I keep looking for meal plans and articles and there are good ideas here and there.
  • emmclean
    @KMC55 remember you have communities like this one to support you on your journey. If it helps to tell us about your bad day to stay on track we're all ears :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    FRIDAY WEIGH IN DAY!!

:cookie: Workout 5 times a week for 30 minutes each time.
    I didn't workout at all this week. Just didn't feel like it.

I was like that this week too. I do not know why. Did okay on other goals like you did.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Nice work @ShannyRC! Welcome to Onederland, I hope to join you there by the end of this year.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    FRIDAY WEIGH IN DAY!!

:cookie: Workout 5 times a week for 30 minutes each time.
    I didn't workout at all this week. Just didn't feel like it.

I was like that this week too. I do not know why. Did okay on other goals like you did.

@KeriA I was feeling lazy today, but I didn't let that stop me today. I thought I would do an "easy" workout, but it got my heartbeat going.

https://youtu.be/NgH0TXdJYKI
  • ShannyRC
    ShannyRC Posts: 3 Member
    @goal06082021 Thx so much :) I’m cheering you on!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @ShannyRC Congrats on your NSV! You are killing it on and off the scale.
  • PrincessCasey143
    PrincessCasey143 Posts: 1 Member
    I just started my lifestyle change today, weight is 215-220, goal weight is 125-130(I'm 5'1).
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    KMC55 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day. There was a box of donuts at work, only one left, and I DIDN'T EAT IT!!! So many times it ran though my head to just have it, it isn't a big deal if I track it (didn't have the calories budgeted for it). So I resisted and resisted and didn't eat it!!! If I want one that bad I will get a fresh one of my favorite kind and budget it into my calories for the day. Not just allow my impulse control to derail me yet again. Sometimes I think it is impulse control that I struggle with more than actually eating. It is resisting and staying rational about food choices. Just because I could buy a brand new car doesn't mean I have it in the budget to do it, so why do I think food is any different. I need to put my common sense to work on food related issues as well as real world related issues.

Yes! This is very good, excellent job!

I'm glad the strategic use of "sour grapes" is helpful for someone else, too, LOL - I convince myself that the work snacks leftover from this morning are all gross and stale by now anyway, and everybody's probably touched and/or breathed all over that last donut at this point, and I could do so much better for 400 calories...etc, etc.

@PrincessCasey143 welcome!
  • GrammyG0505
    GrammyG0505 Posts: 193 Member
    Donuts. I only will eat two kinds that are not usually ones in a random box. If is not
    There I don’t eat them. Great job on talking yourself out of it.

Working firm home in my cold basement today and tomorrow. I work with two other people in a satellite office for the state and our main office is in the capital city 6 hrs away. We are taking turns being in the office on. I miss my regular jobs which is going to peoples homes providing training all over my region. Farthest corner is at least a two hour drive.
  • RunLik3YouM3anIt
    RunLik3YouM3anIt Posts: 4 Member
    Been watching a program about weight loss, was amazing to see someone of 6ft4 who pretty much epitomises healthy has been classed as morbidly obese when they were young and now are into a routine lifestyle influencing others.