Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    @womona and @missmay thanks for the tips!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    Hi all!

Had one glass of wine with dinner out last night, and it was enough. AF the night before.

@Stockholm_Andy i love your list. So insightful how the steps are all connected.

I found that putting my non alcoholic drink of choice into the beverage glass I would have used (in my case, wine) helps tremendously. I have my Pelligrino and splash of cranberry in a nice wine glass, sip it before and during cooking dinner, and even with dinner. It feels and looks like I’m drinking a nice glass of rose, but I’m not.

The feel of the glass really makes a difference. It seems to be part of the ritual and experience of preparing a meal. I don’t feel like I’m missing alcohol. I like the heft of the glass. After dinner, try putting your AF drink into your rocks glass. All the feels, none of the alcohol! Win win!

I too use my 'whiskey' glass in the evenings and fill it (lately) with diet grapefruit soda. I like the slightly bitter taste, but I wish I knew of a flavor I could add that was not carbonated. Until, gee, these past few weeks I had not had any soda in years. I will take any suggestions for that bitter/tang flavor that is AF from anyone to try out