What's on your mind?

Replies

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    I have been managing a family so long that when I occasionally eat restaurant food, I often think “mine is better.” Not fancy food but normal household fare. The only reason to eat out is to avoid doing dishes.

This is why I eat out. All my dishes are dirty...4 plates don't go far

It really is a problem.
  • twitchandshout
    How early is too early to text someone in another time zone?
  • twitchandshout
    Unsolicited advice. Listen, if I wanted to further my education to become an RN, I would have! Truth is -all I ever wanted to be was a good Mom...I am acing that *kitten.*

So you have a bachelor's degree? I'm impressed! But...you can't buy compassion and love with that degree. You keep being smart, I'll keep being me. 😎

🤗
    I feel that. Not everything needs to be a stepping stone.
  • twitchandshout
    Unsolicited advice. Listen, if I wanted to further my education to become an RN, I would have! Truth is -all I ever wanted to be was a good Mom...I am acing that *kitten.*

So you have a bachelor's degree? I'm impressed! But...you can't buy compassion and love with that degree. You keep being smart, I'll keep being me. 😎

🤗
    I feel that. Not everything needs to be a stepping stone.

It's so much more than that, S. Raising my kids by myself was more important than spending hours away from them.

Besides, when they're in therapy they won't be blaming their short comings or anxiety issues on the baby sitter. It's all on me...and I own that 😂

😂 I’m hoping I can get mine to blame their grandmother same as me
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited January 2021

For the love of the angels, never before 7 am their local time.

But if they are like me and turn notis off, it doesn't matter anyway...if the concern is waking them up 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • twitchandshout
    MaltedTea wrote: »

For the love of the angels, never before 7 am their local time.

But if they are like me and turn notis off, it doesn't matter anyway...if the concern is waking them up 🤷🏿‍♀️

Thank you!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member

after 12 pm if they are my 3 am friend, otherwise only on weekends
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    My dad.. he's been pretty good lately but last night he had a fall. Why, why was he wandering down in the muddy horse yards at 8.30pm? His answer... I don't remember why I went there. 😒
    So he fell and figures he was there about 3 hours ( can't confirm) but Im sure it felt like a long time.
    Banged up knee, hip and skin off his side.
    These falls are becoming a real worry, I know I can't bubble wrap him but I'm worried its only a matter of time before he breaks a bone..
    Thats what's on my mind.. 😔

I feel this so hard. My dad recently fell in the bathroom, smashed his face on the floor and bled for about 45 minutes before he could get up. My mom is deaf, so she couldn't hear him calling for help, so he just lay there.

It's so scary knowing they are so helpless now, and also so hard to see our once strong parents failing.

Sending you big hugs and hopes that your dad is ok.

Yikes, does he have a life alert type button? Course needing one and actually using it are 2 different things. But really, it sounds like a very good idea for him. :( Wanting to stay home and continue to live independently is hard for everyone but it's where most people are happiest. :( But there are so many resources 'out there' to tap into that can make it happen. I hope he is or starts using them. :(

It's very scary for all, and heartbreaking. {{HUGS}} to you Kickass

I need to find something like that. I want something for the bathroom in particular because he's fallen twice in there. Once I had to drive over to help pick him up off the floor.

He's so proud that he won't likely wear something, so I was hoping to put a comm device that could at least alert me. (I live 5min away).

He's ok now, but it has been happening more frequently. 😔

Hugs to all who struggle with this. ❤️
  • twitchandshout

What’s the applications process like for a 3am-er?
  • happimess01

they should constantly ignore me, project onto me and wear the same cologne as my dad
  • twitchandshout

they should constantly ignore me, project onto me and wear the same cologne as my dad

same! 😃
  • twitchandshout

same! 😃

Y'all diggin that Old Spice 🤢

omg how did you know 😂
  • happimess01

same! 😃

omg how did you know 😂

that's why I wear Axe so my kid has a lot of friends to choose from
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member

same! 😃

omg how did you know 😂

Every Dad has the same bottle hangin in the medicine cabinet - I know Dads 😂

Mine had Brut. (and old spice) lol
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member

*kitten*!!!!!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I’m really, really, really far from being in the 1%

I have a modest retirement account

I’m not a trader or hedge fund manager

I’m a teacher who barely ekes out a living

And yet, I’ve lost $8,000+ from my IRA in the last week.

Enough already. Somebody figure this out.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I’m really, really, really far from being in the 1%

I have a modest retirement account

I’m not a trader or hedge fund manager

I’m a teacher who barely ekes out a living

And yet, I’ve lost $8,000+ from my IRA in the last week.

Enough already. Somebody figure this out.

First off, thank you for being a teacher especially now. Y'all don't get paid enough and the whole "summers off" thing isn't enough either.

I didn't look at investments for most of 2020. If you're comfortable with your risk profile, just brace and hold as fluctuations happen 🤷🏿‍♀️

If your risk tolerance has changed (due to current and/or future impacts that you KNOW FOR CERTAIN will impact you like health status, for example) then talk to your advisor or update your self-directed account(s) for better investment matches for your situation.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Parents gave me a Fitbit Versa 3 smartwatch they got for free from insurance. Not sure if I want to keep it or sell it, though it looks like I can try it out and switch to a different user later. Right now I'm feeling frustrated looking at all the stuff I need to remove: voice assistant, social media, Pandora/Spotify/etc. apps, Bluetooth, ability to take phone calls, workout videos, Coach and any other motivational apps, and some stupid reminder to take 250 steps a day. Sigh...I hate technology sometimes.