Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @lmlmrn I can not even think how difficult it is working out in a mask. But good tropper you are for going anyways. What kind of workouts are you doing to keep in shape? Did you see the video dawn put up of her workout she does? Cracks me up.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    So close.... Sunday is the end of January. Yet I really want to go to the store for a bottle of wine. It's 17f out so I probably won't but I'm of 2 minds:. I'm so close but even drinking today is still waaayyy less than the daily drinking I had been doing.

Help!

Hang in there. Hey it is cold cold cold here to. Have a nice mug of cocoa with loads of cool whip on it.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »

I too use my 'whiskey' glass in the evenings and fill it (lately) with diet grapefruit soda. I like the slightly bitter taste, but I wish I knew of a flavor I could add that was not carbonated. Until, gee, these past few weeks I had not had any soda in years. I will take any suggestions for that bitter/tang flavor that is AF from anyone to try out

Would a dash or two of actual bitters do the trick?
  • Womona
    edited January 2021
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @HerNameIsMischief
    True WE ALL have things we do not like about ourselves.
    In fact I will share mine if that helps in any small way.
    Rheumatoid arthritis fingers since I was in my early 30's. Not pleasant to watch someone eyes follow your hand movements while your talking to them just so they can get a better look at your crooked swelled up finger joints.
    Try living with these every day.......but I do, and life goes on.

I understand, but what makes my situation different is that people feel very comfortable making rude remarks to my face. A boss meeting me for the first time and saying, "Oh my God, you're enormous." Someone at the train station asking me if I ever played football before. A guy in my building asking if I ever worked as a bouncer. All stuff to remind me that everyone sees me in the exact way I don't want to be seen. And if I complain to anyone, I'm dismissed as ridiculous because "lots of men would love to be your size/height."

I say mess with them and tell them you are a ballet dancer! Watch their faces try to process.

Seriously, I don’t even think 6’3” is unreasonably tall. Maybe because I have friends who are 6’5” and one whose son is 6’8”. We’re talking ducking through doorways. Regardless, its no fun having people comment on your physique.

On another note, your step fathers comment was so hurtful. I felt that like a punch in the gut. I can only imagine how hurt you feel when he (or anyone) talks to you like that. The fact that you didn’t use it to launch into drinking too much is just amazing.

PS. We need a picture of your cat, Mischief!!!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    CMB44512 wrote: »
    AF last night first time.

Needed to get at least one in before January ended.

Thanks Aunties

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats! My very first AF day was in November of 2018 and it was soooo hard!
    How did you feel in the morning Nephew?
  • Womona
    Options
    CMB44512 wrote: »
    AF last night first time.

Needed to get at least one in before January ended.

Thanks Aunties

Woo hoo!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »

I too use my 'whiskey' glass in the evenings and fill it (lately) with diet grapefruit soda. I like the slightly bitter taste, but I wish I knew of a flavor I could add that was not carbonated. Until, gee, these past few weeks I had not had any soda in years. I will take any suggestions for that bitter/tang flavor that is AF from anyone to try out

Would a dash or two of actual bitters do the trick?

I agree. It is a small bottle @ImImrn I think @Womona is right for what you are describing as wanting. You just need a couple of drops. Ask around, you should be able to find some. That you hadn't heard of it before will make it even more fun!
  • Womona
    Options
    @MissMay before covid I was at the gym every morning at 5:15 am and worked out for an hour then shower at the gym then to work. My routine was 30min on elliptical then 30 min of strength training using dumbells

@Womona I will be honest with you I have never tried bitters, I am not even sure what it is?

This evening has been hard to not go into our garage and get the open bottle of whiskey. DH and I though said we were going to make it to 19 AF days this month (revised from 20 LOL).....I am trying

Bitters comes in a small bottle that’s used in some mixed drinks. I use 2 shakes worth of Angastora Bitters when I make an Old Fashioned. May give that tart taste you’re looking for. You can get it at the liquor store or maybe even the market. To my knowledge there is no alcohol in it.