Replies

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    :heart: Allie!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that my favourite sitcom is Young Sheldon. I have a lot of episodes to watch though as I watch this with my Grandson and he hasn’t been here.

Tracey

:) Young Sheldon is the only sitcom I watch. What a great show.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that my favourite sitcom is Young Sheldon. I have a lot of episodes to watch though as I watch this with my Grandson and he hasn’t been here.

Tracey

:) Young Sheldon is the only sitcom I watch. What a great show.

Really?

It came on here some time ago. They played about half a dozen episodes which were just OK then they took it off the air for a while. When they brought it back they played the same half a dozen episodes and took it off the air again. I haven't seen it since. I figured it was a flop and the producers stopped making it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :)<3Allie Glad you are home.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    We got hit with ice first then snow. I spent an hour getting as much ice off our driveway as I could. Now it is in single digits and will be like this all week. I am so glad I have those yaktracks.

Today will go shovel son's. Roads were bad so I stayed home yesterday.

I did sign up for some gardening classes through a friend who helped organize them. They will be in March.

When we get the dangerous wind chills my plan is use the area behind our home that is full of leaves to protect her feet. She refuses boots. We will be in and out. I do exercise her indoors.
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am a sappy tv viewer. I do love older sitcoms like MASH and will tune in for a few weeks of those if it is the colonel potter years, not a big fan of the super early ones when Radar was just weird. We do watch Young Sheldon or at least we did before the pandemic. We really have not watched network tv since the new fall season, not really sure why on that. I like a lot of the HGTV shows especially when folks go looking at new houses. I also like the remodel reveal shows. My current favorite on that is Good Bones, but I also like Chip and Joanna, looking forward to new ones of those. And cooking shows, chopped and the holiday baking shows. I watched the entire series of the British Baking Show on Netflix which i blame my daughter for introducing me to. But I am mostly a drama watcher. I will happily tune in to old Waltons or Little House reruns. LOVE call the Midwife and This is Us. Do not like any of the reality tv stuff I get enough of that sort of drama in real life. I do find myself watching a lot more on PBS than anything else. And although I like sappy, I can't stand the Hallmark movies. Seen one seen em all on there. I watch like two during the holidays and then it is like the setting may change but the plot is the same. i do like binging stuff on netflix and amazon and the occasional old movie on disney. and i love nature shows. i could listen to david attenborough 24/7.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Good news that you will be vaccinated by the October dates. That will give you a lovely spring and summer to enjoy life. Will it give you more freedom to travel? :huh:

Penny: You seem very happy in your community and I admire the positive things available to you there. It makes me wonder how you are able to be in touch with us, and with your family in the US. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Yaktraks are wonderful protectors from falling in snow and ice conditions. :star:

Pip: Congratulations on the purchase of your new home!!!! :heart:

Allie: It is wonderful to see your post today. YAY! :flowerforyou:

Regarding vaccinations- we have a date on the calendar when we will get to have our first covid vaccinations —provided the vaccines show up. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can get the vaccinations as promised. :heart: DH & the dog are still in their beds this morning. I plan to see what I can find on TV. I’ve been watching CNN for months now, and also have an array of veterinarian and zoo shows that I enjoy.

Have a great day!

Katla in cloudy NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    We went for our bonus walk this afternoon. DH was in a sulky mood because I wanted to go the more crowded route. There were a lot of people, dogs and children about because of the sunshine and the schools still on lockdown, but for me it was nice to see people and activity. For days on end I don't leave the house at all. It makes me feel as if the real world hasn't completely disappeared when I see and hear people. Oh well. He goes out every day, so he can choose where to go for himself. I must say he has been more withdrawn than usual this week. If something's bothering him he's not telling me. ;)
    We are expecting cold weather this weekend and maybe even a sprinkling of snow, so I was especially keen to get out.

I've made a tomato sauce in the IP and now I'm going to purée it. Having it with the meatballs remaining from a big batch I froze. Broccoli. And a gorgeous Italian red wine.
    Stewed plums and yoghurt. Goats cheese.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    A beautiful day here today. We have crocus blooming.

I went on my little walk. My shins still hurt when I walk outside, but not quite as bad as last time. My hip and knee were fine.

I gave Teddy a little trim. Poor dog, it looks terrible-all choppy. Good thing he doesn't care.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,952 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    At about 2pm yesterday we got some MAJOR snow! It started out beautifully large and fluffy; you know, where you can see whole clusters of perfectly formed snowflakes! Then it turned to slush (or what meteorologists like to call; a wintry mix). Tim started shoveling at about 3:30 and there was already about four new inches of snow on the drive. He went out again at about 1am and shoveled another two or three inches of heavy wet snow. I heard him come in. He is going to be in some major pain today. I got out of bed to help him out of his snow gear and to get a couple of pills out for him. He is, now, snoring away, and I will just let him sleep and handle the nine kiddos, myself. I only had about two inches of heavy to shovel. It wasn't too bad; but the wind was awful. Snow day for the school kids today! Which means I have extra kids (yea/boo). It should be a good day. I have the games and puzzles ready, plus we are going to make snow ice cream. I have never made it before, so we will just make a simple vanilla recipe.
    My first two kiddos just arrived and brought a bag of playdoh and slime to share with the other kids. lol
    TV- We got rid of cable; but use my son's Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and Disney+ subscriptions. The last show I watched was Bridgerton. Due to all of the gratuitous sex, it felt a bit voyeuristic to watch, but the romance part of it was good. I have watched a few series. I tend to stay away from them, because I REALLY don't want to invest that kind of time in front of the tv. BUT...I am obsessed with The Witcher (waiting for season 2), the Mandalorian (waiting for season 3), there are a few others that I will probably tune in for second seasons if they have them (The Old Guard, Warrior Nun, Cursed). I also tend to go back to my all time favorites when I am feeling "lost" or in need of "family". MASH is one, House (bc Hugh Laurie! mmmm), Stargate SG-1, Sherlock. All of those are like seeing old friends or family. Kind of like how I re-read certain books from my childhood or teen years. (Little House books, The Belgariad/Mallorean books, Harry Potter series (okay, HP is a newer one))

Well, I better scoot. The one year old is already into the cupboards! She has been up since 5am!! Can anyone say, EARLY NAP??? ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I have only had snow cream twice. The first time my grandparents took us up to the snow(we have to drive hours to get to the snow) and grandma made it for us- such a great treat and a wonderful memory.
    There is no way my husband could get rid of cable. He has that and all the extras. He has to have all the channels and has to have the fastest internet. I have no idea how much we are paying for all of it. He told me once and I was SHOCKED, thinking it is close to $200 a month or something like that.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    P
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    hi everyone read all. just saying hi. I wonder where suzy is. I imagine she's snowed under by work. got most stuff done today. lots of time working out a bill thing.i'm way behind on bills and finance stuff.just got snowed under.not really financial but total lack of time with teleworking (most of us teachers said it took 2-3 x more to do teleworking; correcting is an example. SO time-consuming.shortcuts are not really easy to manage because apparently 70% of students here are concerned about their mental health, so you really need to be there for them in as much as is possible. at least that's how I feel. I did NOT track today; I did meditate (with difficulty), uncluttered 15 min and do considerably time on bill-paying and sort out a few other things.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,952 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Good news that you will be vaccinated by the October dates. That will give you a lovely spring and summer to enjoy life. Will it give you more freedom to travel? :huh:

Penny: You seem very happy in your community and I admire the positive things available to you there. It makes me wonder how you are able to be in touch with us, and with your family in the US. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Yaktraks are wonderful protectors from falling in snow and ice conditions. :star:

Pip: Congratulations on the purchase of your new home!!!! :heart:

Allie: It is wonderful to see your post today. YAY! :flowerforyou:

Regarding vaccinations- we have a date on the calendar when we will get to have our first covid vaccinations —provided the vaccines show up. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can get the vaccinations as promised. :heart: DH & the dog are still in their beds this morning. I plan to see what I can find on TV. I’ve been watching CNN for months now, and also have an array of veterinarian and zoo shows that I enjoy.

Have a great day!

Katla in cloudy NW Oregon

my mom (77yrs old) is getting hers today, mother in law(84) is getting hers tomorrow- Kaiser just emailed to let us know their is a clinic to take Fumiko to. Former father in law was supposed to get his today but the roads were too icy in Fort Wayne so they had to reschedule.
    We heard of one from Johnson and Johnson that will be coming out in a few months that is a one shot instead of two. It may be available by the time they get to us(I am 58, 59 in a month and husband is 57)

Debbie
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Just quickly checking in.

Favorite TV shows -- Schitz Creek; The Crown; Good Omens (a series, but . . .); I am always up for an episode of The Office (American version -- I am not a Ricky Gervais fan after watching An Idiot Abroad);

Favorite Movies -- this is very much like when people ask me what my favorite book is; it's usually the most recently I've seen, so . . . The Dig (highly, highly recommend!); I am always up for Love Actually (Yes, I think it's Christmas movie), but I couldn't find it this December for free, so I missed watching it, and I certainly did miss it. I love that movie so much. I will never turn down a viewing of Joe versus the Volcano, either, but it is another that is difficult to find. (at least, last time I looked), Oh, and The Usual Suspects. So very twisty at the end.

EMT son got his second Moderna vaccine this week, and he is not feeling well. It really kicked his bu++. Fever, achy, headache, upset tummy. He has been down for a couple days. Just a word of warning for any of you in that cycle. It's the cycle my mom is on, so we are trying to prepare ourselves for a rough couple days after she gets her second dose.

Take care.
    Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR