GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Got all my targets today 🤗 so freaking psyched. I recently had Covid and was so scared it would screw up my progress, 69 days till my meet 😬

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865b7bd1e25daa9da1877ee4927942bedaf5ef7b5c&rid=giphy.gif

Ooosh great to see another gal doing strongwoman on here. Best wishes for comp. Are you a powerlifter?

Yes! Relatively new powerlifter, In the past I was focused on bodybuilding, but then my show got canceled last May, due to Covid and I switched into PWL, two meets in and I’m hooked.

This is however my first attempt at a Strongman event.... the meet is an Autism event and I’m competing in my sons name. I was able to put together, a team of 6 and a nutrition company is sponsoring us (Team Alex 😭) I’m excited, but my current numbers are close to the requirements just not quite there yet. I’m scared I won’t qualify, imagine putting this whole team together and then having to tell them all sorry I didn’t make it 😫 I apologize for the long winded answer 🤣

I think this is awesome. I love the idea of laying it all out there and betting on the one sure thing, yourself. On top of that, your cause makes it even better. You have a fan 😁

You have multiple fans! Good luck! :smile:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    This is however my first attempt at a Strongman event.... the meet is an Autism event and I’m competing in my sons name. I was able to put together, a team of 6 and a nutrition company is sponsoring us (Team Alex 😭) I’m excited, but my current numbers are close to the requirements just not quite there yet. I’m scared I won’t qualify, imagine putting this whole team together and then having to tell them all sorry I didn’t make it 😫 I apologize for the long winded answer 🤣

You will find in the strongman/woman community, we big each other up, no matter what...you have this and the effort just to train differently is inspiring and commendable in and of itself...kudos for doing all three disciplines....go you! You have a rooter and tooter right here in the UK. You rawk and roll lady : )

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: »
    ec37kvytlvzv.gif
    Im my own biggest critic. More legs used in this row than I’d have liked and I should have worn my belt but 295 felt good. Backed down the next set to be a bit more strict.

295 is impressive. This is one of my favorite lifts.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Not a gif, cuz boxing GIFs suck. So I'm breaking my rules and throwing in a vid.

https://youtu.be/Rb_dzNghtiQ

Awesome session boxing, with abs that followed. This video was taken at the end, so I was moving slower and already pretty tired. But still... Amazing cardio and strength workout all in one.

This looks so satisfying, I feel like I need this to channel some of my mom rage 😂🤣 great job you’re so awesome 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Not a gif, cuz boxing GIFs suck. So I'm breaking my rules and throwing in a vid.

Awesome session boxing, with abs that followed. This video was taken at the end, so I was moving slower and already pretty tired. But still... Amazing cardio and strength workout all in one.

Such a rebel- Posting video's and not gif's. :)

As always Kicking-*kitten* and taking names! Looks like a great workout!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Ahhhh.....the sound of a bag getting thumped is music to my ears. Very nice 😁
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options

Stress management!!! 😉
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Got all my targets today 🤗 so freaking psyched. I recently had Covid and was so scared it would screw up my progress, 69 days till my meet 😬

This is incredible!!!! nice work.
  • LGreenfield7
    Options
    7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

This is my current routine. The abs and cardio work is done on the days between.

You have 5x5 on the leg press. I am familiar with more volume normally. How do you like the 5x5? great program.
  • LGreenfield7
    Options
    ec37kvytlvzv.gif
    Im my own biggest critic. More legs used in this row than I’d have liked and I should have worn my belt but 295 felt good. Backed down the next set to be a bit more strict.

Great lift.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    My gif making skills are rubbish. Here are my upright rows.

gsk8qf9qpkku.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    edited February 2021
    Options
    7fjwd93t09z0.jpeg
    g2ybfmmes5qh.jpeg
    wysq3xzsfhqc.jpeg

This is my current routine. The abs and cardio work is done on the days between.

You have 5x5 on the leg press. I am familiar with more volume normally. How do you like the 5x5? great program.

I am enjoying the 5x5. Over the last year or so I have focused more on volume trying in general. Tomorrow will start my 3rd week of this new 5x5 cycle. I’ve been 5x5 on leg press for some time though. In my last program I was actually doing sets of 30 on squats to push volume and the 5x5 on leg press. If you’ve never tried the sets of 30 on squats I recommend it. 30 deep reps of moderate weight is a great time under tension technique.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    My gif making skills are rubbish. Here are my upright rows.

gsk8qf9qpkku.gif

Some thick tris and shoulders!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    This was a very big lift for me. 365lbs at 155lbs body weight.
    giphy.gif?cid=5e21488613d655daebe94d345a92e82d8e0f59279fa6038a&rid=giphy.gif

Congrats on the lift. Looks like you have a nice set up there as well.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

I was just about to ask if this is his own private home gym!?😳
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

I was just about to ask if this is his own private home gym!?😳

Looks like it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    This looks so satisfying, I feel like I need this to channel some of my mom rage 😂🤣 great job you’re so awesome 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

It's amazing when you're feeling all the feelings... Anger, rage, sadness. It's not about picturing someone on the bag, or hurting the bag instead of someone... At least it never has been for me. Instead it's almost a transferrance of emotion / stress / energy into the bag that leaves me lighter and happier (and exhausted) at the end.

I am a super huge fan!
    Such a rebel- Posting video's and not gif's. :)
    As always Kicking-*kitten* and taking names! Looks like a great workout!
    Haha yep! Rules are made to be stretched! I shared a gif on earlier pages and it just looks so weird and choppy... Plus... The sound is what makes it so satisfying. 😊 Thanks!
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Ahhhh.....the sound of a bag getting thumped is music to my ears. Very nice 😁

There's nothing better (when boxing) than a solid connection with that sound to follow. It feels soooo good!
    Stress management!!! 😉
    At its finest! 😊