What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I still feel very "at odds" with everyone else here trying to lose weight, maintain their progress or build muscle. I have no desire to be thin... no desire to be muscular or have abs showing. I don't even care about having a beach body or whether or not the opposite sex finds me attractive anymore.

I just really don't care... and I don't know some days why I'm still here outside of "I don't want to die from completely preventable diseases". However, I've been "maintaining" my obese status (never gaining, never losing) for over 5 years. I may have to accept that I am sadly in that category of folk who can only lose eating 1200 cal. or by doing a combination of strenuous exercise and lower-than-I'd-like calorie counting if I want to actually see any progress.

Because what I'm doing isn't working outside of maintenance. Guess I'll be ultra-prepared when and if I ever lose weight and get into "normal" BMI category, huh?
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Realizing that I still feel very "at odds" with everyone else here trying to lose weight, maintain their progress or build muscle. I have no desire to be thin... no desire to be muscular or have abs showing. I don't even care about having a beach body or whether or not the opposite sex finds me attractive anymore.

I just really don't care... and I don't know some days why I'm still here outside of "I don't want to die from completely preventable diseases". However, I've been "maintaining" my obese status (never gaining, never losing) for over 5 years. I may have to accept that I am sadly in that category of folk who can only lose eating 1200 cal. or by doing a combination of strenuous exercise and lower-than-I'd-like calorie counting if I want to actually see any progress.

Because what I'm doing isn't working outside of maintenance. Guess I'll be ultra-prepared when and if I ever lose weight and get into "normal" BMI category, huh?

If you don’t want to lose weight, you don’t have to. 🤗. You’re an adult. You get to choose.

As for your health, there are so many contributors to that. Obesity is only one risk factor. Maybe it’s one you can mitigate with other healthy behaviors- ones that feel good.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,144 Member
    Options

If you don’t want to lose weight, you don’t have to. 🤗. You’re an adult. You get to choose.

As for your health, there are so many contributors to that. Obesity is only one risk factor. Maybe it’s one you can mitigate with other healthy behaviors- ones that feel good.

100% this
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,565 Member
    Options

100% this

Agree entirely! ❤️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I just click the B at the top of the text box

Or the i

Me too :D
  • Djlfcfkjg
    Djlfcfkjg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love you and you love and love and love.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Wondering why my car insurance went up 500$ and we haven't been allowed out of the house 😅😤

Holy yikes. :grimace:
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I think obesity and heart health (for diet/exercise anyway) *are* the only two things I can change or work on. A lot of the other risk factors in my case would be genetic (I don't smoke, drink a lot or engage in "risky" behaviors). And sadly, a lot of that will remain forever a mystery to me because I don't know my family medical history due to being adopted and the lawyer who handled that particular exchange being long since dead. :grimace:

It just makes me feel weird (although I enjoy hanging out here) when I see so many of you with great stories of progress, despite life being, well, life and accomplishing great things. It seems like I should want those things, too... but I don't.

Maybe some of that has to do with always having been overweight and never having a "before" body? I have no idea. Just another thing to add to the great list of things I sometimes wonder about. :joy:
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Pacific geoduck
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    My baby coming into the kitchen and offering to peel potatoes for the pot roast ❤️

• KosmosKitten
    Options
    Wait.. someone said I was an adult in here and I get to choose what I want to do? Are we sure I'm actually an adult? :tongue:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Too much..
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Trying to be resilient.  Dealing with injury, and not abandoning health goals due to setback or whim.  Correcting mistakes, and working on character flaws to be a better person.

Am in the same boat. Recovery is no joke ... Corrective measures for self improvement... Whoooweee ... !!
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Wait.. someone said I was an adult in here and I get to choose what I want to do? Are we sure I'm actually an adult? :tongue:

😁
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,046 Member
    Options
    November 10, 2016
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    January 23, 2021
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options