NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld That feta pasta dish looks amazing!! Great idea to give it away and keep the scale moving downward. We have a very sunny day here today too. But of course, it will rain tomorrow. Ugghhh! :s

@bsthorn1 Welcome! :) There are lots of different macro calculators you can find on the Internet depending on what kind of eating plan you are doing. I do intermittent fasting and Keto, so I keep my carbs as low as possible.

Hello! Today has been fairly relaxed. I took off from working out since I had spent the last three days murdering my body with the cleaning gig I'm doing. After church DH and I tackled the floors and a little housework. Afterward, I did some computer church work, straightened up my extremely messy desk, and started putting together a menu for next week. Sometimes I just hate the weekly menu planning. Soooo tedious trying to come up with tasty food to feed my people. If it was just me I would probably go carnivore and be done with it. :D Next week I’m going to go back to do two days a week only eating the one 500 calorie meal and I plan to keep it almost pure protein with very little fat and no carbs. I watched this video that explained that doing that 2 or 3 times a week can really accelerate weight loss. Worth a try!! :grin:
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hi all...I am still here, lol. Another snowy day in Iowa. But supposed to be in the 30-40’s this week, so much better than the cold weather we had. Our dd in OK has had quite a bit of snow & ice lately, too, but my brother said it will be 60’s there this week. DD’s ex had frozen water pipes, but guess OK now & has water again.

Today is my oldest dd (the one in OK)’s birthday. How did she get to be 44, since I am still so young!😂😂

@trooworld Yay, for beautiful weather! Spring is definitely on the way! Your pasta dish looked delicious! I have chili cooking in the crockpot again, with corn muffins.

@theslightedgeforever I feel so bad for your ds in Texas. They have really had the winter weather! Probably Mother Nature didn’t want him to miss Iowa too much, lol. Hope you find your determination again. Glad your knee is doing better. I did laugh at your comments about the walnuts & chia seeds, but know there is some truth there.

@TeresaW1020 It sounds like your church really needed the Jazzy Janitress. I’m sure you will get it looking great! I am looking forward to going to OK & get some good Mexican food. I’m sure you will get the little gain off this week.

@mswatson0777 I don’t know how you get everything done! Hope you had fun with your quaranteam.

@cbabie Hope you are doing well. Keep walking.

@bsthorn1 Welcome. My WW story about the same. I lost, got lifetime, gained it back, and have restarted quite a few times. The last time I quit, it was too far to drive to the meetings. As far as macros, I would start out with what MFP gives you & see how you do. A lot of people say the protein is too low. I am trying to eat more whole food, plant based but haven’t totally given up meat. So my carbs are higher than most.

I think I may need to see if I can get into the dentist or Dr. My mouth on one side is so sore, not sure why. I was blaming dh’s peanut brittle..thought it cut my gum, but not sure that’s what it is. It hurts around back teeth & hurts to open wide. & jaw hurts, so either TMJ (which I have never had), or a bad tooth. Need to get better..dh gets his 2nd COVID shot Friday & mine on following Monday. (They won’t do it on weekend, even tho 1st one was)

On the plus side, I have been determined to get 10,000 steps a day & have done it every day in Feb. Looking back, I see it was most days (but not all) in January, too. And I am staying away from the”evil” peanut brittle, just in case, lol.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternoon all, I am hopefully not going to shut down again anytime soon. Life has thrown me some curve balls and I just decided not to try and bat, or I would be out..LOL. I have not put on weight,I still weigh the same as in Jan, but my clothes don't fit. So I think this is where the fat weighs less than muscle.

I was reading some of the post of the newbies. I have had a long history of weight issues, (mostly in my head my husband says). but my whole life I have done one fad or another. After breaking my knee, my weight was the highest it had been in years that was in the 90's...and I decided WW. I went , almost got to goal, quit, then went back got to goal and pretty much stayed there for years. However, I may be almost at my WW goal right now, but I am not healthy and I am not wearing my clothes well. So I have to figure this out and quit eating my emotions with ice cream. ( I can't give up the PB) LOL ...even the tears I have cried the last two weeks didn't help, I kept eating..LOL. Thank you for your support and how we can come here and build each other up and throw out ideas that are working for us and may help someone else. I try again today and I try again tomorrow,

@bsthorn1, @DonnasWay0805
    btw glad to have 2 newbies aboard. It's good to see your post. I won't try to catch up on post, but know you guys have been on my mind, just didn't want to be a downer, cause I was and didn't get on to even read or post.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 It was! Unfortunately, due to hunger pains, I didn't give it away as planned...I ate some of it. :( But the scale continues to go down. I hope the rain comes and goes pretty quickly. My desk gets messy, too, with incoming mail, receipts etc. I hate it. Good luck with your new plan, I hope it makes a difference!

@RetiredAndLovingIt To me, 30-40s would be torture lol. Yes, spring is on the way!!! I love chili. And corn muffins sound perfect with it. You should go to the dentist. That's good you are getting your 2nd shot. 10,000 steps every day in February is amazing!

@cbabie I'm so glad to "see" you. I was worried about you. It sounds like you might be going through a lot, hugs to you. <3<3<3

Hi all. I had a wonderful day yesterday. We took the dog for a long walk and then my hubby asked if I wanted to go for a walk somewhere so we went to a trail in Balboa Park and walked for over an hour. It was such a lovely day and the walk was good. I was too tired to do anything after we got back so I just laid on the couch watching YouTube videos on fashion (thanks, @TeresaW1020! I didn't realize how many fashion mistakes I was making until watching Dressed for my Day). Later, I sorted through my shoes and got rid of more clothes. I didn't have time to take them to the Goodwill but I will this weekend. I got rid of this brand new 3-piece purple dress suit that I absolutely was in love with but it never fit because it was Asian sizes and ran waaaaaaay too small. I asked myself yesterday why I was keeping it? I would never fit into that small a size so into the Goodwill bag it went.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

u9tw6sq4e1c9.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 I bet you burned so many calories doing all that cleaning. I feel the same way about sheets. They are just thrown in my drawer into somewhat piles. I remember having to iron pillowcases as a child. I hated that. I'm proud to say sleeping on mildly wrinkled pillowcases doesn't bother me. Just work hard and you will get that lb off. It's probably just some sodium bloat.

@trooworld I got 50% Can you post the recipe for the feta cheese pasta? I love feta cheese. I've been doing much better this week. I think this every other day thing I'm doing is working for me right now. I've tracked every day since Thursday. I've been OP every day but Thursday.

@bsthorn1 Welcome to the group. I don't know about the macros as I usually don't look at them but once in awhile but my fat seems to be a bit higher and my protein is always too low. I just started an alternating plan of one day carb cycling tracking it on MFP and the next day I'm following WW Blue plan but I'm tracking it on the ibites app.
    I don't do well on low carb diets consistently so I am using an alternating moderate-high carb plan. It worked well for me in 2019 and I lost 23 lbs from Aug to Jan. But I found this past year with covid worries I was having problems sticking to it and when I stayed on target I didn't necessarily eat the healthiest of foods. So I tried redoing the WW plan and found that I couldn't stick to it consistently without eating some of "my" food and going over target. So now I combined the two and started that this Thursday. So far so good.
  • TeresaW1020
    edited February 2021
    MFP is freaking out right now! :o
  • TeresaW1020
    edited February 2021
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I'm glad you checked in with us and all is going well. Yeah, it definitely sounds that you better get to a dentist to find out what is going on with your mouth and the pain you are having. Good job on getting in your 10,000 steps! You must have had your daughter when you were a teenager. :grin:

@cbabie glad you are feeling up to checking in with us. I’ve been thinking about you. <3 I do agree that there is much more to the number on the scale to determine our health. Stress is certainly not a healthy factor and it seems like you are constantly battling it. I hope that can change for you!

@trooworld I’ve been making some fashion mistakes too! :D I really don’t want to get to my goal weight, be 55 years old and look frumpy and out of touch. We gotta keep it fresh, girl!! :D Good job on getting rid of things that you will never wear. If it doesn’t spark joy it needs to go!

@theslightedgeforever I am sure that all that cleaning did burn a lot of calories. I also think that my weight went up from water retention from using muscles that don’t normally get used. But yup it’s coming back off! How do you like your alternating eating plan so far? :)

Good morning! So, I was happy that the scale moved back down this morning. Not at my all-time lowest but heading there. ;) Yesterday I thought about how to tweak my plan and did a bunch of reading on the protein sparing modified fast diet because I do think that lately, I've been eating too much fat. And since I have fat to lose, I need to get my body to focus on eating that instead of what I consume through food. However, after doing all that reading and trying to figure out my weekly menu and days where I would eat more and days where I would eat less, I concluded to chill out! Being rigid has never worked for me. I did however dust off my Carb Manager app and will track my macros for a while so I can keep my protein higher than my fats and carbs. I just want these last 30 lbs off and I want it this year! :)
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I woke up this morning, trying to figure out how to make the day different that the past few weeks. I wanted to get on the treadmill, as it has ALWAYS been my "safe" zone. I pray there, sing there, and just have always felt better after being on it. The last time I tried baby girl wouldn't let me get on it with out her...but today was different. I walked for 30 min. 9lgi7revbwla.png. I know what works for me and it's time I put it into place. It may be a little at a time, but that's better than zero time. It's so nice out today!!

@theslightedgeforever Glad you are getting your groove back. LOL I remember ironing and MAKING those pillow cases..

@trooworld I love that walk you posted. How beautiful and peaceful. Thanks for the hugs...:)

@TeresaW1020 I agree with you being rigid never worked for me either...it does for a bit because I am a rule follower...but not for a long time. So I am to trying to keep it simple and make my life livable. LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt You so inspire me with the steps..I used to ALWAYS get 10K, but I was also working LOL.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I did lousy: 25%. I need to get back to where I was. Yes, here is the link for the pasta: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/baked-feta-pasta/ If you love feta, you'll love this pasta. It sounds like you are doing great! I need to take a lesson from you. ;)

@TeresaW1020 I take it MFP is fixed? I didn't see it freak out lol. Yeah, I don't want to look frumpy and out of touch at THIS weight, let alone my goal weight! Yeah, I gave away a lot of stuff. Hopefully, some of it makes some other plus-sized girl very happy! :) Chilling out might be just what you need. You'll get those 30 lbs off, I know it!

@cbabie That's great you were able to get on the treadmill, well done! I think 30 minutes is great. Yeah, it was beautiful on Sunday. Beautiful all weekend, really.

Hello all! Yesterday was really bizarre. I was having my husband help me take two boxes out to the car and we had one box in the car and went to get the other one. I didn't lock the car since we would be right back. When we got back to the car, just that fast, some homeless woman was in the car going through it trying to steal things! I have been so upset, I feel violated, I can only imagine what it must feel like if someone breaks into your house. Then my husband caught a frozen banana on fire in the microwave. It was a weird day. I did not do well eating yesterday, I was into the vending machine at work and that didn't go well. I do better today!

• theslightedgeforever
    @retiredandlovingit Happy Bday to your dd. I bet they love the 60 degree weather in OK. My son is enjoying his 70 degree weather in houston now. You are doing great with your 10000 steps in Feb. How is your jaw/teeth?

@cbabie That's good that you are working on yourself. Glad you were able to get on the treadmill. You would think that now that you are home you would get more steps than just sitting at your desk.

@trooworld 50% Your walking trail looks like fun. I love walking in nature. Yeah on the scale continuing to go down. Sorry about the homeless lady but another perspective is that you helped someone in need and will get blessings for it. I always remember my mom saying But for the grace of God, there go I.

@teresaw1020 So what's happening with your MFP? I keep getting friend requests with racy pictures in them. At least if they are racy, let them be males. ;) I'm loving my alternate eating plan so far. Of course it's only been since Thursday. lol If I happen to be on a point day and crave something I know if I just wait a day I could try and work it in on my carb day as that's a bit more forgiving. So I immediately going into my food diary and put it in there and start planning my day around it. Just keep tweaking and see which combination of plans work for you long term. Because we don't just have to lose this weight, we have to keep it off so we had better find a plan that we like. Yaaay on your scale going down too.

I lost 3.8 this week so that's good. May it continue

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Good grief!! I just changed my password so hopefully, the friend request will stop. This might explain why I’ve had several men request a friendship with me. :| Yes, I totally agree that it’s not about getting the weight off as much as it is in keeping it off. I’ve never declared myself at goal weight in my life and I am NOT going to finally get there only to gain it back. But complacency will never be my friend. Congrats on your great loss this week!! B)

@trooworld Yikes! I don’t blame you for being upset that some woman was rifling through your car. That is awful! :angry: What’s up with nuking a frozen banana? :D You will get back in control of your eating. I would hate to work where there were vending machines at my disposal. Although last week I was vacuuming the youth room and found their stash of chips. Those Cheetos tried to call my name but I told them to shut up!

@cbabie That is great that you were able to get in a good treadmill walk. I know I always feel better after my workout. :)

Hello! Mom and I went to Walmart today and they are remodeling the whole store. I’m sure it will look great once it’s done but it was sure a mess. From what I overheard from another customer they are planning on opening a lot more self-checkout. A good way to save them some money, I guess. I came home and cooked my dog her chicken that I put in her food every day and decided to have a little and made an egg white and mozzarella chaffle chicken sandwich. It was super yummy! Now, I need to go make a cup of coffee and finish this week’s Bible study chapter before our meeting tonight. Have a good day! :)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I tracked all my food yesterday I got back on the treadmill today. I love walking on my treadmill. My baby girl just waved at me, so glad she is not trying to get on it with me now. LOL I am sitting outside on my patio, it's almost 70 right now. n13z7dpkwpqe.png

@trooworld So sorry about the homeless person in your car. You know it's one day out of many in regards to the vending machine. I was on the phone today with a nutritionist in regards to baby girl..the main thing is we can't be restricted, we just need balance. You've got this.

@TeresaW1020 I laughed when I read you cooked the chicken and you had some...my dad always cooked for his dog. But he also fed his dog 1 slice of Hershey candy bar too..LOL I can see you in the youth room going... "CHEETOS SHUT UP". LOL. The Bible says Life and Death are in the tongue. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I forgot mom used to say that, but it's true...sounds like your plan is working and that's great!! You have always been the creative one. ;0

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 25% yesterday. Yes, the walking trail was nice: it was partially shaded and had some big hills as well as flat parts. I won't get any blessings becuase she didn't get anything, my husband snatched the things she had from her hand lol. But I almost felt like giving her the masks that she was stealing. I was just in shock so didn't do anything, when the crap hits the fan, I freeze. You've had 5 days on your plan, I'd say that is long enough to enjoy the benefits. Wise advice as usual! And congrats on the scale going down. That's an excellent loss!

@TeresaW1020 I keep getting racy requests, too. I just delete them but it makes me mad. Yeah it was really upsetting on Monday. LOL...he was trying to defrost the banana to make protein pancakes! It does suck having access to a vending machine. What a great NSV to avoid the Cheetos! Our Walmarts have a lot of self-checkouts, too. I don't mind them if I'm not in a hurry but I don't bag as quickly as the checkers do. We make Louie chicken jerky in my Ninja Foodi. He LOVES it and it is better for him than the treats you get at the store. We also cook him a whole chicken about once a week. That sandwich sounds yummy, when I was on Keto I really appreciated the chaffle.

@cbabie Thank you. You are right, we do need balance. I try to have it but sometimes my mind gets out of kilter. ;)

@mswatson0777 I'm sending out the hounds for you, where are you, my dear?

Hello all. Yesterday was markedly better than Monday. I truly am an emotional eater. The scale has popped up, no surprise. Hopefully, it will go back down before Friday. This week is going by really slowly.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi all! My MFP app was acting weird. Wouldn’t let me log into community so I tried deleting the app and reinstall well app icon is gone but I can’t redownload but I can search for the app and it pops up? Idk technology sometimes evades me. Just a quick check in and hope everyone is well!

~ Missy
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2021
    Another good day of staying OP. I was going to take a rest day today but ended up getting in 17 min of exercise anyway. Downside was water. Isn't it always. lol One day that will change. Be back tomorrow for some personals. I'm so glad tomorrow is a green day for me. I've had 4 days of red in a row.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I got 25 min walk in, but yesterdays food was not good. I tracked it and moved on. We rearranged the patio and back yard yesterday. It's too nice not to be able to enjoy outside. We moved all of baby girls outside toys to give her and us more room to enjoy.
    @gemwolf110 glad you stopped in, sorry MFP is having issues..I think Teresaw1020 was yesterday.

@theslightedgeforever great job on staying OP and exercising even if it was unplanned.

@trooworld I ignore all my request...some have been there for years. I guss I should delete. LOL I swear my mind is always out of kilter

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @cbabie That is great that you got in your walk. It’s starting to be nice here to so we can sit outside, but we can’t. Because of the evil yellow pollen that is about to descend upon us. This weekend, DH and I are actually going to cover our furniture in plastic in the hopes of not having to scrub it once the pollen subsides. AND you know it was hard for me to tell those Cheetos to shut up! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever Good job on staying on plan! Enjoy your green day! :)

@gemwolf110 technology annoys me!! My app wasn’t working either and now my Apple watch is acting up. Ugghhh!! :/

@trooworld I also get men's requests on Pinterest, which I always delete. Have you gotten those? Yeah, chaffles are my jam! Today, I had a bacon sandwich with them. Sooo tasty! And Maggie Mae loves them too. ;) You will get that scale to go down.

Hi everyone! Today is a beautiful day. I actually had the door open for a while to let in some fresh air. I deep cleaned my bathroom and bedroom and did laundry. My weight was down to another all time low this morning and that made me super happy. I have been tracking my macros on Carb Manager and thinking that it’s not a bad idea for me to continue. At least until I reach my goal and learn how to stay in maintenance. I’m not really trying to hit a certain calorie or macro number as much as using it for data. I am working on keeping protein higher than fat grams and of course keeping the carbs as low as possible. Except for Keto-approved veggie carbs. Those I will eat a ton of and not really worry about it. This morning I got an email that I could get the premium membership for $29 a year, so I went ahead and did that. There are tons of features and over 50,000 Keto-friendly recipes. I’m excited to find new things to make! :)
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Hi Missy! Good to see you. Sorry about the trouble with the app.

@theslightedgeforever Great job, keep it up! :) Enjoy your green day.

@cbabie Great job with the walk. It was nice here too, yesterday. I love this weather! I accidentally accepted one of those naughty requests. She didn't have a sexy picture when I accepted her but once accepted, she changed her picture to something yucky. lol

@TeresaW1020 I haven't gotten them on Pinterest but I get rando guys on Fitbit and on Instagram that want to DM me. I ignore them. Yeah, I remember loving chaffles! Congrats on the loss! It sounds like Carb Manager is going to be a good tool for you.

Hi all. It was such a nice day yesterday, I sat out on the walkway and did some work. It's supposed to be nice again today. I've been doing a lot of clothes shopping lately online. It needs to stop! LOL I bought some Bermuda shorts and a pair of capris and some shirts. I don't normally wear shorts but I don't want to be uncomfortably hot again this year. I haven't bought any summer clothing in a long time so I guess it's okay.

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Good job on your walk. I'm a bit concerned about all of it being in the peak minutes on your fitbit. Don't want you to have a heart attack or anything. I'd have no siblings left. At least you tracked your food. That's a good thing.

@teresaw1020 Looks like you found another piece to your puzzle. We had pollen when I lived in TX. Thank God I didn't have allergies though. My hubby was a different story.

@trooworld I got 50%. Not really focusing on it cause I'm really focusing on food right now til that becomes a habit again. New clothes are so much fun to buy. I'm going to wait until I get off the 17 lbs left from covid.

Red Day-Stayed OP 98/100 carbs o:)
    Exercise-rest day (19 min walk) o:)
    Zone minutes 14 minus 2 due to inactivity 6/8 o:)
    Water 3/6 :|
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I have had a busy day and almost forgot to come on here and post. My allergies are horrible, I slept an hour yesterday...couldn't open my eyes no matter how hard I tried. I tracked yesterday and wasn't the best, but I tracked and have a very small victory. I was upset by one of my kids and really wanted to get into the "soft" chocolate chip cookies.. I DID NOT...I walked away and said I am in control of me. I got on my treadmill again today..then I haven't stopped until now. LOL iueb0okjix1y.png

@TeresaW1020 I don't know what's in the air here, but I have never been so miserable. Sounds like your ap is working for you!! YEA

@trooworld LOL. I think that's why I ignore all the requests. LOL. Isn't it nice to work outside? Before I retired, I loved when I could work from home and sit outside, (that was before baby girl) LOL

@theslightedgeforever Well I don't feel like I going anytime soon... LOL. I just really like the treadmill out of all the machines I have done in my lifetime. LOL

cbabie