WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    M in Oz: Thank you for the warning about hackers on facebook. >:) I’ve been staying away from facebook based on intuition. Your comments have added to my reluctance to visit there.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    facebook video : i got that at least 2 times. a video that says something like "is this you in this video! shocking!" or something like that. very clickbait.

• bananasandoranges
    edited February 2021
    woke very early today.
    with the 6pm curfew for months now and for the unforeseeable future, early to rise seems a wise strategy. I'm now going with a rhythm of tending to wake early. this tends to work best for me traditionally, for work. i'm not as bright eyed at 5 am as i was when 20, but still. I LOVE going out for a tiny walk in the morning. it only starts to get light out at about 7:30 am, but today i went on recumbent before 6am, and meditated in the wee wee hours.
    done today
    meditate
    walk
    15 min on recumbent at over 115 HR average
    15 min tidying around bed (under bed, chords that fell off of top shelves, etc)
    answer 1 mail to colleague
    answer 1 sms to colleague
    1 drawing made while walking :D
    packed lunch

I was very active very early and would have thought that got me to good start on the pomidoros (25 min writing blocks) but today not so much.

to do
    go to get stamp on paper
    go to library or outside office area
    work on writing/research
    dentist :| i'm more annoyed that it's a hike to get there than that i'm going to the dentist's (35 min on scooter at least each way. i got lost on the way home last time. :/ ). He's really nice and i don't think it will be painful at all.
    evening:work on union-type stuff: reread a letter that we are working on and colleague worked on late yesterday eve

grateful
    recumbent and time on it today
    closets in bedroom and bathroom looking way better!
    green tea
    early walk
    café that's open for coffee standing on patio somehow (in theory, not allowed in all places, to stand in front to consume) and reading the paper
    corrector
    time allotted to present work
    colleagues I'm working with on altruistic union-type thing
    V who shared the petition yesterday with his school after a few requests over a year.
    B. high level union leader, who signed the petition yesterday with a comment engaging an approach strongly in favor or our action
    M. who sent me some key info to pour over yesterday evening.
    feeling relatively good in body and mind after 15 min on recumbent, little walk outside, and 15 min tidying session, and funky quick sketch.
    spellcheck! :D
    backpack :)

• bananasandoranges
    edited February 2021

backpacks i meant to post this yesterday, with post. whoops. I was saying i have a mostly black one like this. i mostly used it only when traveling and for day hikes but since the world is topsy turvy i let my comfort/hiking routines slip into my city life.* Now in my morning tiny walk I often bring my date book and sketch book in this tiny pouch with me.
    uuzc3wta1kj9.png

I go sit on a park bench and note a thing or two in date book, and often make a quick sketch. i could go through date book at home, but living in the big city i of course have no yard, so it's a tiny moment with green and nature that is usually lovely. I used to go to cafés but they are all closed now for inside or outside seating. Only standing take away is possible, in theory, not standing in front of the café.

I'm going to a library i think this morning, so i'm going to be radical and wear shoes instead of sneakers, (or flipflops or sandals in warm weather) as i almost always have been since 1st lockdown ! :D
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: started minutes, Ansar and neuropathy tests, DDS for more impressions, “excising some tissue” and another temporary bridge waaaah!
    Bonus: Stroll and lunch with C, D, & T, dropped cookies off at fire hall.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call S, call C, call R, start taxes, fire district: finish minutes, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    23: Be gentle with someone you’re inclined to criticize: will only see Joe and me today ;)

Welcome @BethWallace1! Would you let us know your general locale?
    Barbie count on you for common sense, concisely put!
    Julie 11.5 pomidoros? Well done!
    Vicki great A1C number! Also good thought to make Tom pay for Allie’s attorney and all court costs if he tries to reduce alimony.
    Machka and Tina, lived my first 45 years in N. California (not far from where Kim lives now) where the 5 seasons were: Drought, Fire, Quake, Rain (Christmas) and Mudslide. When I was a little girl I loved the November/December rains. Riding downtown to see Santa I thought the traffic lights were Christmas decorations. As an adult, I loved autumn’s crisp blue days and long slanting sunsets. Now I prefer the longer, warmer, brighter days of summer.
    Allie can you renew your library card by phone? Plead your recent heart surgeries and Covid risk?

Thought the DDS visit for “just impressions” would be an easy 15 minutes. Nope. Had to numb front anchor and eyetooth, remove “some tissue” from around anchor tooth, take new impressions, make new temporary bridge, the third in the past month. Poured too much buttershots over my “toothache tapioca” and am feeling the effects. Time for an aspirin and bed.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 23, weigh/wii: 22/15/59; steps>5627=Sun:3254, Mon:6849, vits=21, log=22, CI<CO=18, CI<250<CO=13, Tumble=15 Shadow=15 mfp=22 outside=13 up hill=12
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=11 play=18 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    M in Oz: Thank you for the warning about hackers on facebook. >:) I’ve been staying away from facebook based on intuition. Your comments have added to my reluctance to visit there.

You can use facebook ... just be careful what you click on. If there is anything that makes you think things like "What? Really? Is that true?!" or "That's just shocking!" or "That can't be right, can it?" and you are tempted to click to see ... don't do it. That's clickbait.

At best, whatever it is won't be true or nearly as dramatic as it was made out and clicking it just makes the thing more "popular" and thus even more tempting clickbait for others.

Worse ... it spreads fake news.

Even worse ... it spreads viruses to you and others.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    edited February 2021

February Alphabet Challenge:

1. A - Aerobic Dance video:
    https://youtu.be/yN3GgCUmmXw

2. B - I had to exercise in my bedroom today as it was bucketing with rain.
    3. C - I did some chair yoga today.
    4. D - Dawdled to our local park.
    5. E - Endurance circuit
    6. F - 2 sets of 10 seconds of forward lunges, front raises, fire hydrant side leg raises, fast feet, and forward bends.
    7. G - Generosity - I was generous to DH today and went out with him for a walk, despite it being bitterly cold.
    di4qfvlweo31.jpg

8 H - Walked to the Hawe Road roundabout and out into the countryside, past a local farm with a pedigree Angus herd .
    9. I - Interval training today.
    10. J - We got our appointments for our vaccine jabs on 10 Feb.
    11. K - Walked past Knightsbridge to Kilmaine and home again.
    12. Free day
    13. L - We went for a walk along the Belfast Lockshore today. Met my daughter walking one of her dogs.
    14. M - I started today with a mindfulness meditation It was very relaxing.
    15. N - I did a selection of stretching exercises for my neck during my yoga practice today.
    16. O - 30 minutes of circuits today targeting my oblique muscles. Let's hope I don't feel the burn after that.
    17. P - after my physio today I did several sets of push-ups and a short Pilates workout.
    18. Q - I did a legs workout targeting my quad muscles
    19. R - I worked on regular progression in strength exercises by increasing the repetitions I perform.
    20. S - This morning I subscribed to a series on YouTube of exercises for seniors. I have already done two of them. https://youtu.be/Hfdajt9lWFo https://youtu.be/up6_0bYtxqA
    21. T - Worked the triceps with an arms circuit workout.
    22. U - Got pumped up,with a dance session to the Ultra Europe 2018 https://youtu.be/BWmJw4zLrXY
    23. V - A good workout for the vertebrae https://youtu.be/EDB58_1K0NQ
    24. W -
    25. Free day
    26. X -
    27. Y -
    28. Z -
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,352 Member
    edited February 2021
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Yesterday was just lovely, mid-fifties and sunny in the afternoon. Today is supposed to be in the mid-sixties and sunny. Makes me very happy after last week. Everything's still soggy from the melting snow, but today should help that a lot. Of course, the spring rains begin on Sunday, but that's what makes this country so green throughout the summer, so they are welcome.

Allie -
    Lots of good advice from others about Tom. My opinion of him for dropping this on you while you are ill is unprintable, but very typical of the Tom that kept you on an allowance while he was cheating on you with Elena. Don't forget that the old Tom is still in there, even if he is being nice and keeping Alfie for you right now. Please don't sign anything until your lawyer looks at it!

Barbara -
    The dentist visit sounds utterly awful.

Building a light box this morning, going to attempt to sell a few of my antique books online. I think I have everything but the white poster board for the back. Since buyers want to know the condition of books, it's a good idea to take close-up pictures and post them with the listing. Costs nothing but a little time. Research this morning to figure out where the profit point is for the first half dozen, and then a little DIY crafting to get the pics. Should be fun.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,325 Member
    Caught up this morning! Some comments I have been jotting down the last couple of days as I read:
    Heather-glad your heat is restored!
    Flea-Good news on the job!
    Rita-hope the sub job works out-and if you decide you don’t like it, it really won’t hurt anything.
    Barbara-glad new phones got sorted out.
    Allie-glad you are seeing improvements and increasing mobility. While the weight loss came about the hard way, maybe it can continue in a planned way now. Sorry to hear alimony situation may be changing. However, if disability comes through it may all work out.
    Lisa-Good job on the driveway. Even slight inclines can become tricky.
    Machka-I carry a purse and have a small brief case I carry when I really need it. I have an insulated lunch bag since I typically take my lunch to work. I have collapsible umbrella to keep on hand or just wear rain jacket (have various weights of them for our weather). When my hips were bad I found carrying things just didn’t help so I have consistently cut down and discovered how much junk I was carrying around that wasn’t needed. I like the bag you are trying and have something similar.
    Tracey-glad your back is showing improvement-it does take time.
    Julie-sounds like you are staying on top of things.

Been busy around house and work. Have shredded a bunch of old papers (still have some to go). Waiting for new dining table to arrive, then will be done with furniture. Have started removing old grout so I can regrout bathroom floor tiles (that’s a long story).

Hope those of you waiting have success in getting vaccine. Am waiting for my second shot scheduled for March 9. Not looking forward to side effects, but want some attempt at normalcy. A couple of folks I know who have had covid have had some reaction, but they don’t want to risk a second recurrence. There have been reports that if you have had it once and get it a second time it is worse. Who knows-it is all evolving in real time.

Off to shower and get to work.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    Allie: I glad you are a little better. And a little incensed at the brass neck of your ex-husband, though not all that surprised, as it is all too much par for the course with him. I'm with the others, re Tom. He's chancing his arm. He cannot renege on the legal settlement of your divorce just because he wants to retire. I think it's disgraceful that he is trying to do this, especially in you current situation. It just shows how insensitive he is. He should not be attempting to finance his lifestyle at your expense.

Tracey: 😍 Diamond Dots pic.

Jabs: I'm happy that the numbers here are dropping, but concerned that the authorities may open up way to quickly and put us right back to square one. Experience has shown that if you give the public and inch they will take a mile. It's already evident in the behaviour of people during the recent spell of relatively pleasant spring weather. The coastal path and local beauty spots were overrun with people ignoring sensible precautions. Sometimes the general public ar like lemmings, rushing mindlessly to their doom.

I'm trying to get caught up, but need to go have breakfast

Page 65 and counting.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im up and dressed and did my walk.. didnt sleep well but par for the course.
    Lisa- i will not sign anything honest and if he serves me with papers (all this will be next year) I will contact my attorney.
    Icy here in places,im glad i dont have to go anywhere today...
    As of March 1st 55 to 65 can get the covid vaccine so I will sign up for that.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3 I am here! I fell behind in reading posts! I am on page 62! Will catch up and comment during nap time today! KJ
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Made my first trip for quite a while up the road to our local High Street. Visited the pharmacy, the health shop for bread, the off licence for Breton cider and the small supermarket. Bought DH his favourite chocolates. <3 Beautiful, sunny day.

Having roasted Mediterranean vegetables with feta for dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Got news from friend in Texas. They were spared frozen pipes because pipe busrst at source. So the bad news is they have to boil what water they do have. Electric is back on for them.

Warm enough yesterday that I got three walks in with Drew. She was delighted. It felt so good to be able to get out. I think the worst of the cold weather is behind us!!!

It also looks like none of my friends received the hack. I contacted Facebook in time.

M thanks for the reminder. I will be careful with any videos passed onto me in messages from Facebook now and will defintely not pass them on no matter how appealing. Lesson learned.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member

Jabs: I'm happy that the numbers here are dropping, but concerned that the authorities may open up way to quickly and put us right back to square one. Experience has shown that if you give the public and inch they will take a mile. It's already evident in the behaviour of people during the recent spell of relatively pleasant spring weather. The coastal path and local beauty spots were overrun with people ignoring sensible precautions. Sometimes the general public are like lemmings, rushing mindlessly to their doom.

:) Very well said. I agree. I see the vaccine as a group effort to get the virus under control, not as license to do whatever you want. We get our second shot on March 5 and have no plans to do anything we weren't doing before.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌞😊🌞
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Bananas: I like the cheerful colors of your backpack. :star:

Allie: We had to renew our library cards a few months ago. I am so grateful we were able to do it. We had to call the library from the parking lot and the librarian came out to the driver’s window of the car help us renew our library cards. :smile:

Cheri: I am delighted that your electricity is on and you have safe water. :heart:

Lisa: I agree with your advice to Allie regarding Tom. He is not trustworthy for Allie in my view. Tom cares about Tom. Consulting her lawyer is wise advice to Allie. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I envy your vaccinations. My cousins in WA have had theirs, too. We still have had none. Yesterday was supposed to be our day, but the county health department did not get any vaccine. They said they would call us. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    For those of you who are Facebook be aware there is a hack going on that looks like a friend is sending you a you-tube video. When you open it you are hacked. This happened to me tonight. I reported it to Facebook and then had to change my password. I think I stopped it from going to any of my friends on Facebook. I called a couple of friends and they did not see anything like this from me. The friends I have in common with this friend I did alert to let them know not to open this message.

We have enough going on what a bother. So I am alerting you so it doesn't happen to you.

I also cleared my cookies out of my Browser as a precaution too. I do this routinely and especially after something like this.

I NEVER EVER open attachments that are sent to me via facebook, or messenger... for this very reason. Way too many times this is a hack. What a mess. So I just NEVER do it.
    I'll put my RANT about facebook in the spoiler. LOL.
    I hardly get on facebook any more because of all the hate and division and CRAP that is on there. My "friends" are family members and church friends and a few close friends and co-workers. I only get on there nowadays to see pics from the kids that live out of state.

Also, if you get a friend request from someone who is already a friend of yours, DONT accept that either. I go back to my friends list and either message them or text them on my phone and ask if they've opened a new fb acct. Usually they will tell me no and then I know for sure that it's a hacker. Go back in and report them to the facebook police. Ugh.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member

Yesterday morning the crew came to work on the bathrooms and carpets an floors.
    r2p9kbizh5dv.jpeg
    65uu4kuj317h.jpeg
    ydt80zl9dshc.jpeg