Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    PDA? Yay or Nay?

I'll hold your hand all day long. Please don't touch the things in public, that's in poor taste.

Nothing over the top, but I'm not afraid of a good kiss in public. Always been a fan of a mild butt tap too, never really paid attention to where I was.

I wouldn't mind this kind of PDA at all. However, again a serious make out session isn't for the world to see. I mean, who knows where that could lead.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Minimal PDA. Butt taps are fun.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options

If I can't quick squeeze a butt why are we even together!?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    People-

Do you send your significant other funny memes, tiktoks, interesting articles, etc.?

And if so, do they ever respond to you or do you have to ask three days later “did you ever get that thing I sent?”

Once in a while but not often. It's on WhatsApp so I know when he's seen the message anyway. I sent him an article to read today because he was complaining about being bored, I'll never know if he read it or not. A lot of the time he just responds with "hmmm" so I have no clue.

He doesn't send selfies but he does send cute puppy/corgi gifs which I probably appreciate more.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    PDA? Yay or Nay?

I'll hold your hand all day long. Please don't touch the things in public, that's in poor taste.

It's a yay, apart from that touching bits bit. Or while I'm eating, please don't be doing that stuff right in front of me, go in a corner or something, or get a room

So no footsies under the table? 😏

Is there a tablecloth?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    PDA? Is that even allowed these days, without glares and tsktsks from everybody else? I'm talking because of Covid, no other reason.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,046 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    PDA? Is that even allowed these days, without glares and tsktsks from everybody else? I'm talking because of Covid, no other reason.

I’m not sure but I’m finding that it’s generally frowned upon to just go up to strangers to do PDA....dang covid. 🥺
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I’m not sure but I’m finding that it’s generally frowned upon to just go up to strangers to do PDA....dang covid. 🥺

We’re really losing touch with all the worthwhile traditions that hold us together
  • MelG7777
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

We’re really losing touch with all the worthwhile traditions that hold us together

I know. It gives whole new meaning for me to say “I’m gonna PDA strangers or die trying”......it’s a legitimate thread. But some traditions are worth keeping alive.
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    No physical PDA unless it's neither impolite nor impractical to leave said public for a more private venue.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Guys/girls:

Whats your opinion on your SO setting time aside for workouts...even if that means they can't hang out with you. Missed dinners, things like t
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Guys/girls:

Whats your opinion on your SO setting time aside for workouts...even if that means they can't hang out with you. Missed dinners, things like t

That’s basic maintenance. It’s important. I’d prefer they try to schedule it at a more convenient time if possible, but we can all learn to be flexible.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    That’s basic maintenance. It’s important. I’d prefer they try to schedule it at a more convenient time if possible, but we can all learn to be flexible.
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    My opinion, nothing wrong with setting time aside for workouts. But if it is becomes detrimental to quality time with loved ones it usually means that someone is lacking in either scheduling ability, or scheduling flexibility. Once in a while there may be no other options, but honestly, there are a lot of hours in a day, most people if they are actually serious about it can find the balance.

☝🏿 What they said.

Personally, I tend to keep my workouts to an hour anyway so there are 23 more of them thangs to play with.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,144 Member
    Options
    5ofseven wrote: »

If I can't quick squeeze a butt why are we even together!?

And the more uptight the crowd is the more I enjoy this one.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,144 Member
    Options
    Guys/girls:

And even better if you can both work out together. Not always possible but it’s fun and another interest you can share.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Guys/girls:

That’s hard for me if it would mean they miss things. I have to get up at 3AM everyday to get the workout in I enjoy doing so...if someone like me can make arrangements that don’t interfere, anybody can. This is the part where priorities really show imo. But I would certainly do what I could do to help make it happen for them.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Guys/girls:

In my experience, it isn’t always easy but you try to make it work as best as possible. Sometimes that means I can’t spend time in my basement gym for a week at a time, sometimes time is made for me.

For the 2 weeks of the month that my wife and I are on the same schedule, I change immediately upon coming home from work and head straight to the basement, where I do what I can within an hour.

For the 2 weeks of the month that we are on opposing shifts, after all the dishes are done, lunches made, cleaning up, and little one put to bed, I ask my stepsons to listen for their sister (she has a tendency to wake up from bad dreams) so I can go work out. If the boys are at their dad’s, I don’t workout at all as I am 2 floors away from her.

Sometimes that means it’s 1 day a week. Sometimes it’s 4. I try to tell myself that something is better than nothing, although I know that won’t get me to where I want to be. It’s a lot of starting over again.

The point of this long post is this: family first. If my wife needs me, or wants my attention, or merely needs alone time because she had a bad day, I skip the workout. In MY opinion (don’t come at me), my wants/needs (like working out) is secondary to my family’s wants/needs. I make the sacrifices.

All of this sounds like a well adjusted way of pursuing things. I've done much the same over many years, and I respect your value set given the choices you must make. Good job.

The something is better than nothing part matters a ton. I say it all of the time, progress is built on the half assed workout. The days you could barely fit it in, or were low motivation but did it anyway, those are the days that matter most, because they keep you from going backwards, from starting over.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Guys/girls:

In my experience, it isn’t always easy but you try to make it work as best as possible. Sometimes that means I can’t spend time in my basement gym for a week at a time, sometimes time is made for me.

For the 2 weeks of the month that my wife and I are on the same schedule, I change immediately upon coming home from work and head straight to the basement, where I do what I can within an hour.

For the 2 weeks of the month that we are on opposing shifts, after all the dishes are done, lunches made, cleaning up, and little one put to bed, I ask my stepsons to listen for their sister (she has a tendency to wake up from bad dreams) so I can go work out. If the boys are at their dad’s, I don’t workout at all as I am 2 floors away from her.

Sometimes that means it’s 1 day a week. Sometimes it’s 4. I try to tell myself that something is better than nothing, although I know that won’t get me to where I want to be. It’s a lot of starting over again.

The point of this long post is this: family first. If my wife needs me, or wants my attention, or merely needs alone time because she had a bad day, I skip the workout. In MY opinion (don’t come at me), my wants/needs (like working out) is secondary to my family’s wants/needs. I make the sacrifices.

All of this sounds like a well adjusted way of pursuing things. I've done much the same over many years, and I respect your value set given the choices you must make. Good job.

The something is better than nothing part matters a ton. I say it all of the time, progress is built on the half assed workout. The days you could barely fit it in, or were low motivation but did it anyway, those are the days that matter most, because they keep you from going backwards, from starting over.

Thanks buddy