Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @misplacedmama Welcome! With your attitude, you are going to be up and playing with your youngest in no time.
  • misplacedmama
    misplacedmama Posts: 78 Member
    @Laughter_Girl Thank you! And I gotta say, I love your username!
  • Laughter_Girl
    @misplacedmama Thanks. I laugh a lot. I should have a six pack from all the laughing I've done throughout my life, but if I do, it's hidden to me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Laughter_Girl
    @KeriA Happy Birthday!!! 🥳🥳🎊🎊🎉
  • Laughter_Girl
    @Spotteddingo That could not have been easy to share, and I consider it a privilege to be one of the ones you shared it with. Having unhealthy relationships with food can very much lead to a real illness, and we must continue to talk about it to bring more awareness of it. I'm sure your mom was a real gem (most moms are), and she would be proud of you for committing to eating healthier and being healthier.

• MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @KeriA Happy birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

For chair yoga, I started with a book called Sit n Fit Chair Yoga. It's very basic and actually a very thin book. I know some of the reviews of the book criticized it for being so short. I bought it anyway since it still sounded like a good place to start and for me, it was. I've since seen some of the exercises in the book in youtube videos and articles on yoga. I then watched a few youtube videos to add more exercises and I have a 2nd book that's much more comprehensive and includes a section on chair yoga routines based on goals you want to achieve through the practice. I can't recall the name of that one right now. I'll try to remember to look it up. I haven't yet found a youtube video that I love. I know I read about some here on MFP that people really liked but I didn't check into them at the time. If anyone has any chair yoga videos they like, please share. Thanks!
  • Laughter_Girl
    @carrie_anne_r Welcome. The important thing is you're caring about YOU now. You're on fire!

@RavenStCloud Love that image/reminder. You've got this!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Thanks @MuttiNM for the information on chair yoga. You are serious. Very cool!

@carrie_anne_r Wow you are making such progress. Welcome.

@RavenStCloud I agree consistency gets you a long way.