Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF SuperSculpt W2, sure do like that workout. It is tabata style, with 7 rounds of lower body with the band, 7 rounds of boxing moves with weights and then 7 rounds of jumping on and off the step doing different moves. Then you do that all over again, but she does different moves. I used the heavy bands from Cathe, used 2lb weights and had my step at 8 inches.

Laurel, Now that PHA workout sound like fun, well actually both of them sound fun. I was super tired when I got home on Tuesday, it was hard getting up for work on Wednesday. Right now my Mom is staying with my brother and SIL in Duluth, and we are going to have a zoom meeting with the entire family at some point. They are moving my Dad around so fast that it has been hard to keep up. They are already wanting to move him into the other facility, because they claim that they can't (or won't) be able to help him anymore. Just seems like they don't want to deal with it. It was fun running the tractor. He has a nice John Deere, but the reverse and forward pedals are by your right foot. The reverse is on the right and the forward left of it. I kept stepping on the reverse. So different from our lawn tractor.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! I think that my dd was worried the most about her Grandma being sick. I don't remember a time that they have actually seen her sick. She was making sure that my Mom was warm, and drinking her fluids. It was actually kind of cute to see. I'm sure that my Dad will be at the home on a permanent basis, the wheelchair would never work in my parents home. After all that my MIL went through with my FIL, I don't want my Mom dealing with all of that. This way my Dad really doesn't have an option. It is hard to deal with, realizing that they both are getting to that age.

This weekend I will be working on the new church paraments that will be for Holy Week. Need all the good thoughts so that I don't screw up and cut something wrong. It already has the beautiful embroidery work done on it.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,756 Member
    Hi Ladies! I started my workout today with a 30 minute spin from Peloton. Then I reached back into the Cathe Live archives (2015) for a circuit workout I have not done before which was Drill Max Live. It had some similar features to the Drill Max DVD but was also completely different. At 64 minutes, it absolutely flew by. I am glad I gave it a try today.

Thelma, great workouts. The thing I love about the PHA workouts is I never, ever dread them....even though they are all tough! I am going to do some YouTube barre workout searches this weekend. I remember that 2lazy4thegym (a website where I have gotten a lot of workout ideas in the past) recommends Barlates by Linda Woodbridge (I think that is her name) that I might look into as well. Apparently most of her workouts are on YouTube. I am hoping I can find something that makes me feel the benefit of the barre system as much as Erin does.

Laurie, that sounds like a great workout. I love the variety in it. Workouts like that always seem to fly by. I am sorry your Dad keeps getting moved around. That must be so unsettling for your Mom. I am glad she is around family right now. Regarding the tractor, I am sure that was always a jolt being unexpectedly thrown into reverse! At least they don’t move quickly. ;) Enjoy your crafting this weekend. We saw our first daffodils in bloom today on our walk. :o That, for me, is always a sign of spring. Now I am ready to get out my Easter things.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice weekend. The weather was absolutely beautiful. My workouts this weekend were:
    Friday: ICE Metabolic Total Body and Wind Down Friday Yoga
    Sunday: Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride and a Barlates Thigh Band workout.

The band workout was supposedly a beginner's workout! I did it with the super tough fabric band. There was nothing 'beginner' about it! OUCH!
    I did love that the Linda the instructor has a black kitty. Reminded me of Jessica Smith's Peanut! LOL

Laurie, great workout!
    I can understand your dd's worry about your mom being sick. How sweet of her to make sure your mom had drank her fluids and stayed warm.
    I can't believe they already want to move your dad to another facility! It must be so hard for your all of you and specially your mom. I'm sorry your dad will be at the home on a permanent basis but it sounds like it is for the best. I'm glad your mom is staying with your brother and SIL for now.
    How did you do with the paraments?

Laurel, fantastic workouts on Friday! I totally agree with you on the PHA workouts!
    Thanks for letting me know about the Barlates workouts! I checked them out and did one. She is good in a killer sort of way! LOL. I think we will feel the benefits of the barre system as much as Erin does. I believe the workout I did today was a Pilates workout.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very busy weekend, but was able to get a quilt finished and the front sewn for the super frontal for the altar. It really is going to look good. We went out with friends of ours on Saturday, and that was fun just to be together again. I have to pat DH on the back for helping me with all the measurements on my project, it just would have made me crazy if I had cut wrong.

My workout on Saturday was Kelly's New You Coming, no workout on Sunday and this morning was RAW Heavy Bag Chest & Back. Have to say this one was a good one. I don't have a heavy bag (still want one), but I used weighted gloves. You start out doing a chest exercise 4 sets of 12, with as heavy a weight as you can. Then you do a round of boxing. Back exercise 4 sets of 12, and then boxing. The last weight exercise worked both the chest & back, with again the same sets and then the last boxing round. I started out with 20lbs, and the last exercise I had to go down to 15lbs. Overall a good workout, can't wait to try the other heavy bag workouts that have the other body parts.

Laurel, Glad that you enjoyed your older live workout, and of course the spin. We did have a Zoom call last night with everyone, and a few things are being taken care of by someone other than my Mom. She really gets flustered when she is bombarded with all this information. We will probably contact an estate lawyer, just to make sure that my Mom is covered in case something happens to my Dad. Not that they have all that much in assets, their house is hardly worth anything in that area. That is true on the tractor, they really don't move that fast. I'm also glad that my parents don't live on a really busy road, because I tended not to look to see if anyone was coming down the alley. :D We are starting to see the brown grass, but we still have really high snow banks around here. Today is going to be in the 60's, so we should have a lot of melting today.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! Love that your weather was so nice also. Speaking of Jessica, just saw that she has released her new system. It is called Lift & Shift, but it is all digital. It appears that it is mostly weight work, and the recommendation for advanced is 10-35+ pounds for lifting. It has 12 workouts, and they range from 30-50 minutes. I will be thinking fairly hard about this one before I hit the buy button. ;) My Dad will be moving to a city closer to my Mom tomorrow or Wednesday. She is worried that she may have picked the wrong place. A question about visiting came up last night, and one of my BIL's called the place and the person answering the phone new my parents. I'm going to guess that my Dad will be getting very good care. So far so good on the parament sewing. Like I said above, I'm super happy that my DH is helping me with calculations for cutting. I just don't want to ruin something like this.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Monday, Ladies!!

We are having some warmer weather here (60's yesterday, today and tomorrow) which makes me very happy! DVD purge has continued...I think I've dumped now about 30. Nothing wrong with them, they either are too high impact or just have a dread factor I can't get over. I also got rid of my last of the step workouts...I just can't seem to master them and thus they are not enjoyable.

This weekend I worked my way through my Xtrain DVD's...Supercuts and Cardio Supersets made the cut! :) Today will be finally trying out PHA 3 :)

Laurie, I'm glad you had the week away and were able to help out with the snow removal as well (the removal part sounds fun, the snow not so much). I'm sure your mom is having a hard time with your dad moving into the nursing home, but if they know your parents, I bet your dad will get great care. It will be tough for your mom, but as long as she can visit it will be a lot easier to not have that extra stress of trying to take care of him (and modify their home too). Sounds like you got in a lot of quilting since I was on here last and some great KCM workouts!

Laurel, nice weather, I'll take some of that! I love the oldies of Cathe's to switch it up. Some I did I had to let go of, but most made the cut. They are fun from the outfit/style perspective too! Great job hitting up the Peloton too!!

Thelma, nice weather for you too...sounds like it's Spring to me! :) That band workout sound killer...anything involving bands is always a great workout in my book!!

Have a wonderful day! I'm planning to get outside as much as possible as it's going to be sunny and 60 here today!

Erika

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was busy but nice. Our weather was perfect so we spent some time trying to get our garden beds cleaned out, worked on the lawn, washed cars, etc. It felt so good to be outside. We went for a very long walk yesterday and things are budding everywhere! It makes me happy to see. We are supposed to be in the 70s for the bulk of the week, which sounds like paradise to me. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Build Balance Poise and Grace followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe Live Lower Body Barre and Weights followed by a 30 minute spin with Peloton. Today was LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body doubled premix, followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Plus Core.

Thelma, great workouts! Wow on trying Barlates! I am going to try one on Wednesday. She has so many free workouts available I am having trouble choosing one! But I love the idea of blending barre and Pilates, that for sure. Thank you for the feedback on her workout. I hope I like that she is killer. :D

Laurie, great workouts. I absolutely love the sound of the RAW workout you did this morning. I bet that put a nice burn in your upper body. I am glad your Dad is moving closer to your Mom and into a facility that knows them. I understand your Mom second-guessing herself, but hopefully knowing that they know your parents will help ease her mind. I saw the information on Jessica’s new program. It sounds really different from anything I know Jessica to have done before. I will be very curious if you buy it. I totally understand Jessica’s desire to keep everybody in track with the program since this is a newer form of workout for her, but I must admit I was hoping for a little more flexibility than she is providing with the program at this time. Hopefully that comes later. I bet these warmer days feel so good!

Erika, great job purging the DVDs, and choosing some great ones to keep! I am glad you are getting some warmer weather there too. Enjoy your time outside!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper and Ashtanga Yoga.
    I have serious thigh DOMS from the Barlates workout! My inner thighs have spoken to me all day! As an added bonus my abs were sore too. The instructor did say we were using our abs during the workout and it's true because I felt it.
    I may have to do that workout every week! The workout was Thighs and Buns but I only did the thigh part. I will try another Barletes workout on Wednesday.

This is the workout in case you're interested
    https://youtu.be/SRB1drCEFbc

We had a gorgeous day here. I don't know how warm it was but I was outside for a few minutes and there was no need for a jacket or even long sleeves.

Laurie, I'm glad you made good progress with your sewing projects! It is definitely good to have your DH help you with the measurements! I bet it was a lot of fun to be with your friends again!

That RAW workout sounds like a really good one! Good job!

I am glad you had the family Zoom meeting to discuss your parents. Great idea to contact an estate lawyer!
    With all the Cathe workouts I don't need to pay anyone else for weight lifting workouts.

Thank God your dad is being moved to a facility closer to your mom's! She must be so overwhelmed with so much information and the decisions she has to make. I pray your dad will be well taken care of at that home.

Erika, yaaay! on the warm temps! Good for you for the DVD purge! I hope you liked the PHA3 workout. I love all those PHA workouts.

it's definitely spring around here! Politicians are trying to pass a bill to get rid of daylight savings. If it passes before 3/14 we will stay on standard time and will never again spring ahead. I doubt it will pass though.
    The band workout was a killer and I have the DOMS to prove it! LOL

Laurel, glad you had a nice weekend with great weather to go with it!
    We will also be hitting 70 this week! So exciting!

Great workouts!
    There are a lot of Barletes workouts available which really makes it hard to pick one! I think you will love that she is a killer. At least the 'beginner' band workout was a killer. She said that because it was a beginner workout she would do fewer reps! OMG!!

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Have to admit that I was really tired and hungry after work yesterday. Makes me wonder if it was the weight work, since I don't usually feel that way. I do have some really good DOMS in my back and chest, so I know I used the right weight. Anyway this morning was RAW All About Glutes. This one used a weighted bar for standing work, and then I used my fabric band for the floor work. I'm probably going to have DOMS in my glutes tomorrow, because I can feel it as I sit here typing. ;)

Erika, Great job with taking your DVD collection down. Are you using ebay to sell them? I was trying to do that last year, but I think I got distracted from the task. :D Love the workouts, and I hope you enjoyed the PHA 3 workout. These warmer temps are sure wonderful, but it is hard to determine what jacket to wear. I think that my Mom will be able to feel more comfortable now that she knows that all of us are there to help her. She can just concentrate on going to visit him, and encouraging him along this journey. He may surprise us and get stronger. The snow removal was actually fun, but I will never admit that to my DH.

Laurel, Sounds like a really nice weekend, and makes me ready for us to see things budding. We still have snow in our back yard where the sun doesn't get to, and of course in all the ditches. Awesome workouts you got done. The facility that my Dad is going to only allows two days for visiting. Hopefully that will change with the patients getting their vaccines. He will have to be in quarantine for 14 days when he does get there. The one thing I found surprising about Jessica's new workouts was what you indicated also. They do look good, and I'm still working my way through the buy or not to buy process. So far I'm really loving the results from doing boxing workouts with weights. I am losing inches from my waist, and that small pudge that can form by your armpit is completely gone. I looked in the mirror this morning, and was shocked to see how much definition I have in my arms. So Kelly was right in saying that boxing would do my body good. :D

Thelma, Nice workouts, and I for sure will be checking out the workout you did. Who doesn't love a good thigh burner. ;) With the one that I did this morning, I'm hoping that I have the same problem that you experienced. I can feel those areas have been worked really well. I hear you on not needing more workouts, like Erika, I probably need to do some thinning with all the ones that I have. I'm sure that my Mom will be lonely for a little while, that is probably what she doesn't enjoy the most. I'm probably going to be putting a few more miles on my car this year that last year. :)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body followed by Cathe’s live workout from last week which was Cardio Kickboxing Mashup. This was a fun, not too intense cardio workout, which was perfect for today. I am hoping to do a Barlates class later.

Well, I got my hair cut off this morning!! I now have nice collar length hair that is somewhat gray. I chose a salon close to home which was super clean, comfortable and the lady who cut my hair was excellent. Such a striking difference from my experience six months ago. And it feels so good to be rid of that long hair again. This is the length I had it when we lived in Florida, and I am going to love it this summer.

Thelma, great workouts! Thank you for posting what workout you did. Like you, we have gorgeous weather. I took a walk yesterday while DH was at work, and then took another one with him when he got home! I am surprised they are trying to get rid of Daylight Savings Time. My preference would be to get rid of Standard Time because it is the afternoon/evening darkness in the winter that makes me feel so claustrophobic. But Arizona is always on Standard time because they don’t want the long evenings because of the heat, so from that perspective I guess it makes some sense.

Laurie, great workout. You definitely could be feeling more tired/hungry because of the workouts. It is amazing how just a little change in workouts can really impact the body. For me, I always feels it when I take my weights just a little heavier. That is fantastic about the boxing workouts! That small armpit bulge....I am too familiar with it. That and the flabby triceps when I wave. :# Maybe I should try more boxing workouts.....which would be a joy for me. :D But, seriously, one of the downsides of doing spin workouts three days a week is I have lost some of the total body fitness you get from doing cardio with the whole body. It is a trade off, though, because the spin is easier on my joints. But it is definitely something I have noticed.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Chris Freytag's Walking Cardio and Abs, Walking Outdoors, and LiTe Strong Body Stacked sets: Lower.

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like another RAW winner! Nice job on giving yourself DOMS!
    I could still feel my inner thigh DOMS this morning. The Barlates lady has lots of inner thigh workouts!
    Your mom will be sad and lonely for a while. You guys are going to have to keep a close eye on her.

Laurel, awesome workouts!
    I bet your hair looks great now that it is shorter. I'm glad you had a good experience at this new salon.

DH and I also would like to stay on DST for more light at the end of the day.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Heavy Bag & Arms. This was 5 sets of 12 reps between the boxing rounds. Next time I do this one I will have to up the weights a bit. I had 12's, but could have gone up to maybe 15's. Each body part still feels worked, but I think that I would have liked going to failure and having to go down in weight. Yesterday most of our snow melted with the 60's that we had. Today it is raining. :)

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Congrats on the new hair cut, I'm sure it feels great. I really enjoy having short hair, it sure speeds things up in the mornings when getting ready for work. :D I'm hoping that the boxing will improve the flappy arm area also. I'm just happy that the areas that I was concerned about are improving, and that was my goal. If this continues to work, then I will have to buy that heavy bag. :D Understand about the spin and joint issues. For the most part Kelly doesn't do high impact moves for her boxing workouts, so I have not experienced those issues. The DOMS sure have been interesting though. I'm still feeling the workout from Monday. :D

Thelma, Very nice workouts! Have to say that I'm really enjoying these RAW workouts. She has a good amount of boxing workouts on her channel, so that makes it easy to pick some good ones for this month. That is a good workout when you feel those DOMS two days after the workout. Right now I'm still feeling those glutes, so yesterdays workout was one that will be done again in the future. That is some good advise for my Mom, I will have to give her a call this week.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Yesterday afternoon I did Barlates Lower Body Mat Sculpt from YouTube and.....yowza! Thelma is 100% right in describing Linda (the instructor) as ‘killer’. This workout was all mat work, focusing on outer and inner thighs. She used a 5# dumbbell throughout. I tried it with the dumbbell but.....nope! Especially on the outer thigh work. I did better on the inner thigh, but my outer thighs were screaming yesterday. And they still are today. So my planned Pilates workout for today got scrapped really quickly this morning. My workout today was a 45 minute ride with Peloton, followed by Cathe Live All Core Down on the Floor followed by a much needed 10 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee focused on the hips.

Thelma, great workouts! I don’t doubt you are still feeling your inner thighs today because I know I will still be feeling my outer thighs....probably for the rest of the week! I think I might do the same Barlates workout I did yesterday next week to see if familiarity makes it feel better. I doubt it.....but I am going to try. But I do think we have found an instructor that will keep us in good shape for when Erin returns!

Laurie, great workout. I always like finishing a workout and thinking ‘next time, maybe more!’ as opposed to ‘what in the world was I thinking?’ :) Rain must seem like such a relief from snow! I just saw a forecast for Denver calling for a foot of snow this weekend, and we here are supposed to be near 80 degrees. I think my sisters may not appreciate me pointing that out at this moment in time. B)

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were a GHUTF workout called Shadow Dance and a Barlates Thighs and Abs Mat Pilates Barre Workout.
    The Barlates workout used bands again and it was a killer. I didn't enjoy this workout because it was hurting my neck. I probably because of the position you had to be in. Eventually I gave out on the band in some exercises because my form was suffering. I won't be doing this one any time soon. I would've rather do 1000 reps instead of using the band. I know I will feel some DOMS tomorrow though.
    The shadow dance workout was a lot of fun. It was very dancy with boxing moves. I did it with 2 lb dumbbells.

We didn't have water for 6 hours tonight! The gas company broke a water main. Thank God I finished working out earlier than I normally do and jumped in the shower because 45 minutes later we hardly had any water pressure.

Laurie, that RAW workout sounds fantastic! Good job! I checked out KCM's youtube channel and she has a lot of free workouts there. I will definitely try some of her boxing workouts in the future.
    Yaaay on the warm temps and melting snow! We had another beautiful day here today and tomorrow we will hit the low 70's.

You did a great workout if you're still feeling those DOMS too!

Laurel, great workouts today and good job with the Barlates workout! Wow! Linda got you good with those DOMS! LOL. I did a lot of cardio yesterday to workout the DOMS. I think I'm going to have a few DOMS tomorrow too.

I hope these workouts will get easy because Linda makes it look so easy! I think I just need to use regular bands instead of the fabric ones. I am looking forward to doing more of her workouts. I've been looking at the pilates ring and rebounder workouts.
    I will definitely do the leg workout I did on Sunday to see if it gets easier. I'm going to do it on Sunday again. I also think Linda will keep us going until Erin comes back.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Heavy Bag & Legs. Another good one, but she did 3 sets of 12 between the boxing rounds. Then at the end she did some ab work. I like those type of workouts, so that I don't have to add on ab work that I probably would skip. :D

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and that mat workout sounds intense. Guess I will have to try that one when I have a mat workout scheduled. Glad that you where able to sub in other workouts. You are right, I don't think that your sisters would enjoy hearing how nice and warm your area is going to be. We are suppose to get snow this weekend also. Don't think it will be a foot, at least I hope not. :D These snows usually are heavy and wet when we do get them.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that the workout was a bust. Great job on the dance workout, it does sound like it was a good one if it incorporated some boxing moves also. I'm loving the boxing right now. Dang on the water! Glad that you where able to get in a shower beforehand though. The workouts that Kelly has on her youtube are some good ones, so I hope you do enjoy them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body followed by LITe Rev’d Up Rumble plus Calorie Crush premix. I still have a little DOMS in my outer thighs which I felt during the side kicks in the latter workout, but all those kicks seemed to help ease that DOMS as well, which is good.

Thelma, great workouts but I am sorry you didn’t enjoy the Barlates workout. After your experience with your first workout with Barlates and the band, I decided to opt for a workout where the equipment (dumbbell) was optional and could be easily brought in or taken away. And I am glad I did because there is no way I could have done a fraction of some of that workout with any resistance! So I think I will keep looking at the equipment free workouts she offers unless/until I build up my strength and endurance. Like you, I would rather do thousands of reps without equipment if given a choice. I am sorry to hear about the water! That is such a pain.

Laurie, great workout. I love those workouts where the core work is included throughout. Cathe has been doing more and more of those in her Live classes, and I love knowing when I am done with the workout, I don’t need to argue with myself about whether I should add-on core work. :) Now they are predicting 18-24 inches of snow for Denver! Like where you are, it will fall wet and heavy. They need the moisture after a pretty dry winter, but that much snow at once is never fun. Thankfully it is happening over the weekend where, hopefully, most people can stay inside. Anyhow, I do recommend taking a look at some of the Barlates routines on YouTube if you are looking for some good mat workouts. She has a ton of workouts out there.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B. Latin Pop Dance Cardio, Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride and LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body.

We went out to eat to with our friends today and it was so much fun! It was also sad to see how out of shape they've become during this past year. This couple really is very sedentary. When we got ready to leave and had to stand up they were both really stiff. You could see it by the way they were standing and then by the way they walked. Another one of our friends is the same way. I offered to go walking with him early in the mornings and he said he wasn't up at that time yet. So much for trying to help people.

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like a fantastic workout! You're right about those those boxing workouts hitting the abs very nicely.

I'm glad you're doing boxing workouts because you're reminding me how much I like them. I need to be able to fit them into my workouts again!
    Thank God the water main was repaired last night.

Laurel, great workouts and good job working out those DOMS!
    I think the barlates workout I didn't like was best done with ankle weights. I will trying it again that way. The band just made it awkward and maybe I should've used an elastic band in stead of the fabric one. All those Barlates exercises can be done without equipment. I need to learn to ditch the band when I know my form is suffering. I still had little DOMS though.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Fitness Ladder. This was 50 sec of work with 10 sec rest, and she went through all the body parts using weights or bodyweight. We went up the ladder, and then down the ladder. She ended with going up the ladder one more time, and ended with all the floor work. Overall a really good and different way to do a workout.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and getting some relief from some of those DOMS with kicking. That is a lot of snow if they get it. :p I will have to view some of the workouts when I get a chance. We are dog sitting our dd's two this weekend, so hopefully they just want to play with Rocket and don't cause to much of a ruckus. One is an 80lb golden, and he thinks he is a lap dog.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Glad that you where able to get out with your friends. I think that gaining weight has happened to a lot of people over the last year. I know that my DH is in that situation, since he doesn't get up from his work space as much as he did at work. Now that the weather is nicer, he has been taking walks when I'm at work. At least it is something.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton. These LITE strength workouts (both the Stacked Sets and Pyramid Pump) are just so good. I have really enjoyed doing them this week.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you got out with your friends, but I don’t think their situation is too unusual, sadly. My oldest sister has become incredibly sedentary over the last year, and even though she is back at work (teaching), since she has to teach not only to students there but to those via a computer, her activity level hasn’t increased. She has finally started doing something (I introduced her to Jessica Smith’s indoor walks, so I know she has done some of those) but she mentioned last week she couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs without stopping. Just so not good. I hope the warmer weather and the more positive news about the virus will help people get out and about more.

Laurie, that sounds like another great workout. I love the variety in style of workouts you have done this week. Like your DH, my DH has added some pounds this year. We take walks whenever we can, but that just isn’t enough anymore. He started some program on his watch that monitors activity so hopefully that will help. And with summer yard work, some more activity will probably help too. And, at long last, we are going to attempt to get out on a golf course this weekend, and that usually encourages him to slim down so.....fingers crossed. Enjoy that big lap dog this weekend! :D I don’t know what it is, but I find goldens hard to resist.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a great and fun weekend for a change. DH started playing pickleball a few months ago and has become the most sought out instructor! LOL. One of our friends happened to go to our recreation center to walk on the track and saw DH play. He asked him if he would teach him but also asked if I'd go to so he wouldn't be the only newbie there. We went to play on Saturday afternoon and it was sooooo much fun! All I know is that I managed to hit the ball! Serving was a totally different story! The plan is to practice twice a week and hopefully some day we can play for real! The retirees love that game and I can see why. DH is having so much fun playing and clearly gets great workouts three times a week. I got a very good workout too. In 1.5 hours I burned 420 calories! My inner thighs and hamstrings were killing me at the end. I walked for a little while after that and stretched. I think that those kickboxing and Cathe cardio workouts are very helpful in a game like this. Our friend invited us to a little Cuban restaurant where you can eat outdoors for a late lunch/early dinner. It was great. Now I'm missing not seeing the rest of my friends. It was one year ago on the 13th that the quarantine started.
    On Sunday my body felt extremely tired because I didn't get my rest day. I just didn't have the energy to workout but I dragged my body to my exercise room and worked out. I felt so much better and energized after my workouts!

My workouts this weekend were as follows:
    Friday: KCM RAW Box & Tone and LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body. I did the KCM workout with 2lb dumbbells. What a great workout!
    Saturday: Pickleball
    Sunday: Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride and Barlates.

Laurie, another great RAW workout!
    Gaining weight has happened to a lot of people. I just hadn't even thought that our friends had become so sedentary. I've gained 5lbs that look like 10lbs on my short body but at least I've been working out. I am glad your DH is taking walks again.

How are your parents doing Laurie?

Laurel, great workouts! I agree with you about the Pyramid Pump and Stacked Sets. Excellent workouts!

How sad that these lockdowns have had such bad consequences in so many different areas.
    I am glad you introduced your sister to Jessica Smith. I hope she finds the motivation to keep trying the workouts.
    I sent links to Jessica Smith and other low impact instructors to my friend Peggy but she didn't even acknowledge my email! It broke my heart to see how she couldn't even stand straight after she got up from her chair last week.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout at all this weekend. I was just wanting to get the church paraments mostly on done. I have two weeks to get them done. I did get all the little pieces finished, the stole just needs to be hemmed, but the super frontal is giving me some problems. It is all sewn up, but just doesn't hang correctly. Ultimately it will be ready for Palm Sunday, but I will be very disappointed that it doesn't look as good as it could.

This morning my workout was 30MTF Super Sculpt W1.

Laurel, Nice workouts, and glad that you have been enjoying the LITE weight work. Those are some of my favorites. I have been having fun with the RAW workouts. It has been a while since I have been able to try out some of the new ones that she has been doing. Most of them have some aspect of boxing in them. I'm hoping that DH is able to get active again this summer. Like your DH he usually can be out in the garage or at work walking around, but this inactivity has not been good for him at all. I hope that the activity watch helps your DH to get up an move. I know that mine reminds me to do that, and it does help me to get up from my desk every hour.

Thelma, Sounds like a really great weekend. How fun that your DH is now the pickle ball instructor, and that you where able to burn all those calories playing it. Great job on your other workouts also. I'm just ready for this winter to end so that we can get outside and enjoy it. My parents are doing fairly well. My father is finally at the rehab/nursing home as of Friday, this one is closer to my Mom. The ladies in her knitting/crochet group are going to be helping her to get rides up to visit with my Dad. This place is way more restrictive on visits that the place in Duluth. He is still determined to get home, so is working on his strength. I will be calling him some time this week, and find out if they are having him lift weights. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie