GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    No GIF todaygyftv28h9ure.jpg
    I was feeling a little like jello. Didn't fuel my workouts properly. I have 1 more lifting day before taking a week off. I'm thinking I should just keep the weights as is and maybe try to eek out another set of 5 reps at 100 for my bench????🤔
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I was feeling a little like jello. Didn't fuel my workouts properly. I have 1 more lifting day before taking a week off. I'm thinking I should just keep the weights as is and maybe try to eek out another set of 5 reps at 100 for my bench????🤔

Sometimes you need to listen to your body. If you're taking a week off then either repeat the weight if you feel you've got it (it's so close), or consider dropping and adding reps so that you leave the lifting on a high note. ❤️

Either way, you'll come back rested and ready to nail it!

And awesome workout!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

Sometimes you need to listen to your body. If you're taking a week off then either repeat the weight if you feel you've got it (it's so close), or consider dropping and adding reps so that you leave the lifting on a high note. ❤️

Either way, you'll come back rested and ready to nail it!

And awesome workout!

Yes, those were my two trains of thought...guess I'll see how I feel Wed!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I did about 45 million variations of a squat today, so tomorrow should be interesting. I must say I completely despise front squats, but my coach wants them to be my new primary leg day focus, to build on my explosiveness out of the hole. Also, I realized my squat depth when I do singles is several inches lower than when I squat for reps.... not sure if that’s mental or what but helpful, cause at least I can build on it.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886d022d82e44eddaf0d033330241f36581301ead47&rid=giphy.gif

Great work! Does this mean you'll be gravity falling onto the couch in two days? haha!

Your form looks fabulous. You're killing it, J!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,103 Member
    Options
    I did about 45 million variations of a squat today, so tomorrow should be interesting. I must say I completely despise front squats, but my coach wants them to be my new primary leg day focus, to build on my explosiveness out of the hole. Also, I realized my squat depth when I do singles is several inches lower than when I squat for reps.... not sure if that’s mental or what but helpful, cause at least I can build on it.

What’s the difference in your working weight in front squats compared to regular squats?
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

What’s the difference in your working weight in front squats compared to regular squats?

Not where it should be 🤣🤣 he wants my front squats at 135 for 5x5 but 95 is kicking my *kitten*, so I know I’m not ready to go up yet. My working weight for back squats is like 165 for 5x5, maybe more but with strongman we aren’t pushing back squats all front squats focused.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Deadlift PR! Using my new form. I think it's much better!

5@250lb!!

i1h3cl0ct2nm.gif

Very, very nice. Just looks excellent.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    5ofseven wrote: »

5@250lb!!

i1h3cl0ct2nm.gif

Very, very nice. Just looks excellent.

Thank you! It felt pretty great! Heavy, but great! 😁
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

5@250lb!!

i1h3cl0ct2nm.gif

*Looks over both shoulders and thinks to self: DAMN I'm going to have to step up my game because she's going to to beat me in deadlift* laugh.gif

Seriously though strong lift, looked easy, and I think what I like most is that your knees and hips lock out in sync which saves so much energy and makes heavier weights so much more attainable in the future! Awesome work!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    pwuu0qxp1djr.png
    1p895zz3d37p.png

No GIF today. Honestly I don't think I could have even worked my camera this morning let alone it seems that 5 AM is the time to be at the gym. I've never seen that many people at the gym ever. I'm not even sure why I thought a 5 AM workout was a good thing either but there I was so why not. Not my best lifts but it was a solid session.

Then I took the dog for a walk for some slow cardio. Dog was happy, I'm Happy, just need some caffeine.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: »

5@250lb!!

i1h3cl0ct2nm.gif

*Looks over both shoulders and thinks to self: DAMN I'm going to have to step up my game because she's going to to beat me in deadlift* laugh.gif

Seriously though strong lift, looked easy, and I think what I like most is that your knees and hips lock out in sync which saves so much energy and makes heavier weights so much more attainable in the future! Awesome work!

Haha I wish! I only dream of lifts that big!! Seriously though, thank you for the encouragement! It means a lot!!

Your lifts... At 5am... Man, I can't even manage my coffee cup at that time!

You're a beast! #seriouslyimpressed!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    ok7famjswjov.jpg
    I was so not pumped for this workout. I just told myself to squeeze tight, push, and don't die. I really thought my legs would give out first, but nope, it was my chest. My pecs are done! I failed my last set of bench and my friend bailed me out.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    ok7famjswjov.jpg
    I was so not pumped for this workout. I just told myself to squeeze tight, push, and don't die. I really thought my legs would give out first, but nope, it was my chest. My pecs are done! I failed my last set of bench and my friend bailed me out.

Looks like a great workout and you literally gave it all you had! Sounds like a win to me!!

Sucks to fail and need help, but I really am starting to appreciate the growth that comes in that last few reps. ❤️

Now you're off for a week?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Out of the gym/off work for next week, but will workout at home with cardio and light weight.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options

5@250lb!!

i1h3cl0ct2nm.gif

yo2z22hiwa0d.gif

• KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Can see the brachial pulse. Med students love me. ER Dr once said “You have beautiful anatomy” lmao. After being hit by a car, my response was “Yeah, even when it’s broken “ 😉.

sup2a6h2gf4v.gif

This is cool!

My abdomen moves with my heartbeat. It kind of freaks some people out because it's really strong, but I love it. The human body is pretty amazing!