Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    @SModa61

Astra-Zeneca is the vaccine being used in Italy and mostly in all Europe, and I don't know if J and J has any kind of agreement in Europe, and the same with Moderna and Pfizer. The link below (pretty recent) may give you more information, but it comes from Italy so I don't know how reliable it is.

Ireland stopped vaccination with A-Z due to DVTs (blood clots), although the company said that they were not caused by the vaccine. I believe that other countries in Europe also stopped using A-Z temporarily but I read that the European Commission said that it was OK to vaccinate while investigations continue. I didn't know anything about deaths in Italy or in any other countries. That is pretty bad and I am surprised that nothing showed up in the news. Maybe I missed that.

We all have the risk of contracting COVID after vaccination if we are not careful, and if we don't follow the procedures as pre-vaccination. Immunity is not instant and most of the vaccines protect against serious disease and death but not possible infection. Without knowing what happened in the nursing home and under what conditions those occupants were living, we can only assume that the vaccine is not working or that the conditions were not safe.

Maybe @snowflake954 can share some light into this issue.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fear-and-loathing-over-astrazeneca-vaccine-as-italy-braces-for-deadly-third-wave
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    thank you so much @snowflake954 Can you do me a favor? I have tried searching for a town web page type and I get nothing like what you are describing. Can you provide me the link? Google hates me. I would love to offer the web page to my MIL. My husband might even remember his Italian well enough but its been a long time since Italian was his sole language.
  • SModa61
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    thank you so much @snowflake954 Can you do me a favor? I have tried searching for a town web page type and I get nothing like what you are describing. Can you provide me the link? Google hates me. I would love to offer the web page to my MIL. My husband might even remember his Italian well enough but its been a long time since Italian was his sole language.

Ha! You are asking a computer illiterate to give you a link. Do this: type in orsogna. Then when the choices pop up click on Comune di Orsogna (Chieti) Italy. This will put you on their page.

Here's their address: comune.orsogna.chieti.it

Hope that gets you there.

@snowflake954 You are magic! Thank you
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Astra Zeneca has been suspended in Italy pending further investigation.
  • SModa61
    Options
    @snowflake954 Hubby just called his mother and relayed what info. She was thoroughly confused and she recounted another story relating to the town. She said there is a small grocery store in the town and the husband and wife owners contracted COVID. The store was closed, the contents of the store thrown out, and every customer that had entered in the previous X days was tested. They are comparing the struggle to WW II, and Orsogna was a key battle ground between the germans and the allies.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    @snowflake954 Hubby just called his mother and relayed what info. She was thoroughly confused and she recounted another story relating to the town. She said there is a small grocery store in the town and the husband and wife owners contracted COVID. The store was closed, the contents of the store thrown out, and every customer that had entered in the previous X days was tested. They are comparing the struggle to WW II, and Orsogna was a key battle ground between the germans and the allies.

Small Italian towns, especially in the mountains, tend to be in a mindset at least 50 yrs behind the times. COVID is frightening many people. The older generation is very set in their ways.
  • SModa61
    Options

Small Italian towns, especially in the mountains, tend to be in a mindset at least 50 yrs behind the times. COVID is frightening many people. The older generation is very set in their ways.

@snowflake954 That could be a factor in this all!