Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

The shortages are not due to people buying wipes entirely, the material used is also used for PPE - so there is a manufacturing shortage.

Ah, that makes sense. Everything else is in pretty much normal supply here [Canada] except wipes. I've always preferred them for quick small clean-ups because of the dogs, as I once had a puppy decide to lick a disinfectant I'd sprayed before I had a chance to wipe it up and I never want one of my animals to ingest a toxic substance again. Anyway, I had a few tubs on hand and I've been rationing them since I haven't been able to replace them since March.

My father doesn't like colas and drinks only diet pop, and I've been unable to find anything other than diet Coke or Pepsi for about the past month. Turns out there is also a shortage of both artificial sweeteners and aluminum for cans so manufacturers have been focusing on producing their most popular flavours. So now my poor father not only doesn't leave the house, he doesn't have pop to drink.

We assumed this was why my OH's caffeine-free Coke had disappeared - thanks for confirming :)

Ah, now it all makes sense.

Now, who are you MONSTERS who are not adequately supporting Cherry Coke Zero, clearly the superior cola choice?

It's Limited Edition when it does appear here but I did pick up a few cases whenever I spotted them.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    They just announced a testing center in my state was sending in the positive results but not the negative results. They didn't give the details.

I heard about something like that in FL, but I wasn't sure it was accurate. But I heard this from the Governor in the covid daily update and the head of the Dept of Health. Why do testing centers do this? What could possibly be their motivation? Or is it really just incompetence to be able to miss that many test results?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Had a lady at church that picked up a 4 pack of Lysol spray for me <3 She would call every morning to ask if they had gotten any in. I only use it when people are actively sick and had just a small amount left after their crazy illness run in February/March, didn’t think to restock until chaos broke out and it was too late. I use Lysol wipes on and around the toilet, but am going to switch to the enzyme bathroom cleaner I used years ago - I have two boys and the kids bathroom has a permanent pee smell. Bought a new toilet seat today, that should help, hoping the enzyme cleaner will nip what’s left.

Thanks to this thread just had the thought to restock on the one all-purpose cleaner we use on a daily basis. I bought bulk Biokleen concentrate probably 10+ years ago and it would be my luck to finally run out this winter :lol: the spray bottle conversation triggered the thought because my daughter actually dropped and cracked the one bottle we have (also 10+ years old!) sooooo $80 just spent on Amazon! But it will last us a LONG time.

Is it BioKleen you use around the toilet? I have 4 boys 10 & under, and even w replacing all the toilet seats and cleaning under all the hardware everything still smells. Ugh. I have some BioKleen spray and the stuff I throw in the laundry w sweaty soccer stuff (used to use it w cloth diaper wash), so maybe there’s hope.
    It’s what I bought to try! Replacing the toilet seat made a big difference already, thankfully! My oldest (13) has seriously corrosive urine... during his toddler/prek years we had a toilet that was just a couple years old completely break free from the floor because the bolts were so corroded (it was a new build so I know how old they were). The toilet seat was only 3 years old and all the exposed metal pieces (screws and mounts) were rusted and crumbling. I splurged on the one that Could be completely removed for cleaning.

Wow!! I've never see them deteriorate like that, but I know we don't all have good aim. 😗 So maybe there's need for early training that whatever spills or misses MUST be wiped up, before it gets to smell or corrode.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Had a lady at church that picked up a 4 pack of Lysol spray for me <3 She would call every morning to ask if they had gotten any in. I only use it when people are actively sick and had just a small amount left after their crazy illness run in February/March, didn’t think to restock until chaos broke out and it was too late. I use Lysol wipes on and around the toilet, but am going to switch to the enzyme bathroom cleaner I used years ago - I have two boys and the kids bathroom has a permanent pee smell. Bought a new toilet seat today, that should help, hoping the enzyme cleaner will nip what’s left.

Thanks to this thread just had the thought to restock on the one all-purpose cleaner we use on a daily basis. I bought bulk Biokleen concentrate probably 10+ years ago and it would be my luck to finally run out this winter :lol: the spray bottle conversation triggered the thought because my daughter actually dropped and cracked the one bottle we have (also 10+ years old!) sooooo $80 just spent on Amazon! But it will last us a LONG time.

Is it BioKleen you use around the toilet? I have 4 boys 10 & under, and even w replacing all the toilet seats and cleaning under all the hardware everything still smells. Ugh. I have some BioKleen spray and the stuff I throw in the laundry w sweaty soccer stuff (used to use it w cloth diaper wash), so maybe there’s hope.
    It’s what I bought to try! Replacing the toilet seat made a big difference already, thankfully! My oldest (13) has seriously corrosive urine... during his toddler/prek years we had a toilet that was just a couple years old completely break free from the floor because the bolts were so corroded (it was a new build so I know how old they were). The toilet seat was only 3 years old and all the exposed metal pieces (screws and mounts) were rusted and crumbling. I splurged on the one that Could be completely removed for cleaning.

Wow!! I've never see them deteriorate like that, but I know we don't all have good aim. 😗 So maybe there's need for early training that whatever spills or misses MUST be wiped up, before it gets to smell or corrode.

When I read the intiail post, i had a thought about whether a building cheaping out on less suitable bolts might be part of that. Dunno, but for sure, certain alloys have more/less resistance to particular forms of corrosion. Bolts are cheap, but builders use a lot of them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I have posted a couple of times about the ladies I walk with and how we see this whole thing in a totally different light. At this point, they are in the boat that we should have just let it run it’s course and we could be done with it at this point. I said that no matter what was done, hindsight would likely have us asking “what if” questions.

Given how unclear it is whether and to what extent having covid-19 confers immunity against getting it again, their view that "we could be done with it at this point" has some serious holes.
    I was thinking that as well, but I tend to stay quiet when they are ranting about masks and COVID regulations in general...

Yeah I expect more reports on this in the coming months, but saw this yesterday..
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/health/covid-19-reinfection-hong-kong-study/index.html