Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cardio Core DVD. This is a new one so we shall see…..

One of the things I miss because of this pandemic is being able to go to the Salvation Army. It always used to work into my schedule, now it doesn't.

Allie – I’m sorry about your friend. The fact that you’d just seen her makes it even harder

KJ – oh, can Joaquim get any cuter??? I can’t imagine if he and Athena were to get together

Well, the weather turned out to be a bust. Nothing new. It said it was supposed to be in the 70’s, it’s been in the 50’s so far. Actually, it wasn’t that cold so I spent most of the time outside.

Lisa – so sorry about your friend’s mother

We want to go to ceramics next Tuesday and when I went to sign up all the slots for the evening class were filled! Now when we need to go on Tuesday I know that I’ll have to sign up EARLY in the morning, maybe before work if I’m working that day. We’ll still go on Tuesday, just earlier.

M – cute cookie cutter

Barbie – my father used to call his mother every week, same day, same time. One time he for whatever reason couldn’t call. Did she ever get upset! That’s when I swore that if (when) I needed to call my father on a regular basis, I would NOT call at the same time on the same day each week.

Tracey – I’m so sorry for the loss of your “other mom”

Next? I think I’ll just wait to see how things happen. I prefer to try not to make long-term plans right now

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pip: You seem happy. YAY!!!!! :bigsmile:

Allie: Happy you spent family time at the hairdresser. :smiley:

Today was my granddaughter’s birthday. She called, and we had a lovely visit. She is 10 years old! I am delighted that she called.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I asked this question on this day in 2013 to my Facebook crowd, so I'll ask it here now. Note that it is a vague question. You can interpret it the way you would like. "Next" could be in the next minute or hour ... or tomorrow ... or next month ... or next year ...
    It could be simple, like changing into your walking shoes or more complicated like going for a university degree. Your choice.
    Be serious ... or have some fun with it.

What comes to mind when I ask ...

What do you want to do next?

Machka in Oz

What I want to do next is---- Take a vacation. Since the pandemic started, we have all worked as much or in husband's case, a LOT more hours with no time off. We usually take one trip a year- I take one week off, he takes at least two weeks. I would really like to take a few months off or more.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I asked this question on this day in 2013 to my Facebook crowd, so I'll ask it here now. Note that it is a vague question. You can interpret it the way you would like. "Next" could be in the next minute or hour ... or tomorrow ... or next month ... or next year ...
    It could be simple, like changing into your walking shoes or more complicated like going for a university degree. Your choice.

Machka in Oz

Here's what I did next! :smiley:

se2cyyql0qal.png

But what actually comes to mind is the next thing on my 2021 To Do List : take care of a sub-list of computer things. Hopefully quick little computer things which I need to resolve ... update this, backup that, etc. I say "hopefully quick" but these sorts of things have a way of taking a lot longer than I think they should.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Machka in Oz

What I want to do next is---- Take a vacation. Since the pandemic started, we have all worked as much or in husband's case, a LOT more hours with no time off. We usually take one trip a year- I take one week off, he takes at least two weeks. I would really like to take a few months off or more.

Debbie

Before my husband's accident, we used to bunch up all our holiday time and take a month to travel somewhere (often Canada).

Since his accident, because we can't leave Tasmania, I've been taking a week here and a week there. It's nice, but it's just not the same. I've got 11 days off over Easter (3 days of stat holidays + 4 days of weekend + 4 annual leave days), but we're spending most of it at home. I just didn't feel like heading to the other side of the island and I've got things on that List of mine I want to do.

But yeah, one day, eventually, I would like to take an extended holiday again. I don't see it happening for a while.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to the second vaccination at the end of the month. When that is done I want to spend time at the stable with Arrow. I want to get back to yoga class, too.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Next? I want to finish editing and publishing my memoir.
    I want to get my website up and running even if it's rudimentary.
    I want to figure out a better way to get publicity for the book, even if I have to put my toe in social media. Ugh.

My word for 2020 was FRUITFUL. I was, in the sense that I made huge progress on the book, but it didn't ripen enough to be picked.
    I have kept the same word for 2021. I am burgeoning. :bigsmile:

Other NEXTs are visiting indoors with the grandchildren, a cultural weekend away, a meal out somewhere stylish that I have to dress up for. Or even a coffee!
    All these should be possible in May and beyond.
    And NEXT year. Maybe a cruise?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Another walk today ...

ujukr8xoiopt.png

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: , chiropractor, Freddie’s
    Bonus: roasted veggies, FaceTime w/T, 1.5 hrs grooming Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments, First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Mindful March:
    19: Cultivate a feeling of lovingkindness to others today:

Terri lovely bouquet :love: the pic of you both, couldn’t help wondering which ship was yours ;)
    Machka my SIL shared a FB set of pictures titled ‘Australia is the land of “Nope!” ‘ The spider pic made me think of you. :smile:
    https://www.boredpanda.com/australia-scary-nature-animals/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
    That “eggs for breakfast” meme made me snort my tea! :laugh:
    Tracey I looked up Knix and wow, they’re $pendy! Lucky for me they don’t offer the racerback sports bra I prefer. Yes please find out the essential oil concoction’s recipe ;)
    Barbie I’m looking forward to having the house to myself for an hour tomorrow morning. Hope to squeeze in some fun in between the vacuuming and laundry ;)
    KJ :love: Joaquin, Miguel and Uncle Colin pics!
    Margaret SMH at your DH taking such risks in view of his health. :noway:
    Lisa and Karen and Debbie ((hugs))
    Heather website baby steps, well done! Saw an interview with the young Scottish postie, the broadest burr I’ve ever struggled and failed to understand. :laugh:

Next?
    After vaccine waiting period: in person Line Dance, Church, T’ai Chi and brewpub with friends.
    Tomorrow: start tackling the donation pile.
    Now: turn in and sleep a few more hours.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 18, weigh: 18; steps>5627=3273 :cry: vits=18, log=18, CI<CO=15, CI<250<CO=9, Tumble=17 Shadow=15 mfp=17 outside=11 up hill=10
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=2 dance= clean 60 mins=1.25 packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 , 3/28 , 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=8 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,372 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments on the passing of my best friend's mother. I didn't know Peg well, but I know how my friend felt about her because I felt the same about mine. I did offer to fly up there if my friend needs me there, or just to be here at the other end of a phone--what's important is what she needs right now, and I'll let her decide that. So, I might be on a plane tomorrow, might not. Wouldn't have offered if I hadn't been willing--but have a bit of trepidation about flitting through a couple of the world's largest airports during a pandemic. I will have to fly through either Atlanta or DFW. Yuck.

Allie, glad to hear things are settling down for you...

Son-in-law, daughter and the two grands are pulling back out this morning, first to Missouri to pick up the dogs and then home to Kansas. Hate watching them leave, and glad at the same time. My son-in-law has leave in early June, and they will come down for a week or two with the two smaller grandkid--as usual, my oldest grandson will be at his crap weasel sperm donor's for the summer break. My son-in-law is deploying to Poland in July for nine months, and my daughter is stressing about that, bless her.

My son went back home yesterday, so my house that has seemed full to bursting for this last week is about to get very, very empty.

And, for a funny, it took our cat Egg until this morning to stay in the same room with my daughter for even a moment. Maybe my cranky li'l kitty is finally softening up. She is, as I type this, kneading my thigh, trying to find a comfortable position on my lap, and purring like mad. I missed her company these last five days. The flurry of leave taking will begin soon, and she will decamp to the woodshed or the woods until everyone is gone.

As far as NEXT - right now, I'm going to have coffee with my daughter, who got up to say goodbye to her daddy when he went to work. Today, after they leave I'm just going to put my house back together and try to find all the cheerios that a very active toddler has strewn from one end of the house to the other.

After that, I have no idea.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we had bad storms,we had lightning,thunder,torrential downpours,hail and chances of tornadoes.Today a chance of storms and snow.But my amaryllis bloomed yesterday and I wanted to share it with y’all.
    Debby in Va
  • cclark351
    cclark351 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone new to this so all help gratefully recieved, struggling with the dreaded M word weight piled on and feeling ugh as to what I do next....
    Find some motivation to get on plan i hope 😊