WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    3/17 - 1.67 mile easy effort
    3/18 - .98 mile steady state effort
    3/19 - 1.66 mile easy effort
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    Options
    @pfeiferlindsey Yeah for your race tomorrow. Good luck and look forward to hearing how it goes!

@Tramboman With your description of the wind today, I would say the fun meter was pretty low today too. Great job for getting that run in.

@WhatMeRunning @MobyCarp has been greatly missed around here. I don't know if you knew @PastorVincent too, but he passed away last year also.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic That's great news! Be careful and I look forward to hearing how it went.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - I remember @PastorVincent well. He was very active here. He and I talked a lot about running hills, along with the regular chit-chat. Very sad to hear this. I hope your neighbor gets the transplant and bounces back. Congrats on the Rambo style tree removal without any issues! Puppy pics are always good.

@katharmonic - Can't wait to hear all about your event tomorrow. Here's to a healthy, strong finish!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - Welcome back! What have you been up to?
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Tired. Had a study day today. So no long run.

I'm kinda blending 2 plans together atm, and trying to take the best from each. My next HM is in 3 weeks, so I've also started a gaming training plan to get my half after than under 2hrs.and I'm using Hal for the remaining 3 weeks. So just mixing them up. Which basically means more tempo/speed sessions and fewer base runs. Don't worry I'm being careful.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart Glad you had a nice, short run. Limbs can be deceivingly heavy, especially this time of year when they are full of sap. I love living in the middle of the woods, but dead trees and limbs are a pain.

@polskagirl01 Thank you! It's funny that you should say that. Yesterday, when I was telling the office assistant at work about moving the tree, she was aghast too. Then she said, "But you are probably in better shape than anyone else who works here." Sadly, she's probably right and I am the second oldest person there. Most are right out of college or in their early 30's. I do take that as a compliment. I hope your "non race" goes well.

@WhatMeRunning Hang in there. I don't have kids, but know that must be tough. Like you said, you need to be as healthy as possible in order to be there for them during this difficult time.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Tramboman That is one of the reasons. :lol: It would have just taken more time, even if it started. I wanted to try fast first, since I didn't want to be late to work. Of course, had I hurt myself, I would have been REALLY late. Guess I should have used my head for something more than a hat rack. Nice early morning run.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman That is one of the reasons. :lol: It would have just taken more time, even if it started. I wanted to try fast first, since I didn't want to be late to work. Of course, had I hurt myself, I would have been REALLY late. Guess I should have used my head for something more than a hat rack. Nice early morning run.

Since it ended well, everything's good!!!!