GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    edited March 2021
    dsc84 wrote: »
    just watched this, and its pretty awesome! I tried it (in jeans) and I now want to try that 245 again! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc

and subsequently...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYN3UGCYisk

I won't lie I'm slightly infatuated with Alan Thrall.... I watched these videos when I plateaued on my DL at about 225. The videos didn't make me perfect BUT it helped correct a lot and my numbers started to grow. Alan does such a great job of explaining lifts, and is great about noting errors in old videos or making adjustments based on what he has learned over time.

Agreed! I've seen a number of his vids! He's pretty fabulous!

Totally agree with this.
    I like to watch his vids, has helped me with my lifts in the past when i was struggling with my deadlift at 140
    With some of his pointers my max is now 155 (kg that is)
    Have not lifted above 50 kg in over a year because i do not have acces to more plate weights right now (i borrow gym equipment from gym)
    So kinda worried how much strenght i have lost in almost a year time
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    Well after Sundays Pity Party, today I hit my 4th and 5th stone in the atlas medley.... meaning I got my entire medley with meet day weights up! I just have to work on time. I also was able to do my entire sandbag/keg suicide combo with meet day weights 🤗. I feel so much better about my training. Sometimes a bad lift day can really make you question everything lol, thank you guys for your support 🖤

My stone PR’s 👇🏻
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886344b02bed333ad5b00b4d4e17ab17a22b3f2015f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ffbd410bec2fb15d1134aa2f6623805bfa0b4c0f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

You look like a true viking woman in here Jenna
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    Nothing super exciting in tonight's workout... But I am loving the pull up progress. Feeling a bit easier every time. (still band assisted though)

yt3zksykajdu.gif
    Well after Sundays Pity Party, today I hit my 4th and 5th stone in the atlas medley.... meaning I got my entire medley with meet day weights up! I just have to work on time. I also was able to do my entire sandbag/keg suicide combo with meet day weights 🤗. I feel so much better about my training. Sometimes a bad lift day can really make you question everything lol, thank you guys for your support 🖤

My stone PR’s 👇🏻
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886344b02bed333ad5b00b4d4e17ab17a22b3f2015f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ffbd410bec2fb15d1134aa2f6623805bfa0b4c0f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I come here for you two 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Oh boy the pressure 😅 especially since I fail more than I don’t anymore 😬 where’s your contributions btw???

Oh no no, lol. Not me. I can feel the embarrassment just thinking about it. 😆

Come on! No embarrassment here, just progress. 🤗

*whispers* If I can, you can Batman 🤭

You ALMOST had me with the Batman reference.

tumblr_mvr7hz82Bn1rrdnl5o3_400.gif
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    One time I went on one of those reverse glute ham raise machines with a 45 lb plate, idk what happened but I did an entire somersault over the machine, weight flying and crashing loudly 🤣 the whole gym stared at me like Wtf 😳🤯 maybe I’m just embarrassed out 🤣

I like the concept of embarrassed out. The looks I got in PT when I was shoulder rehabbing (5 anchors to fix a labrum tear) were something but i couldn't care less. See what kind of looks you get if you hand-walk a treadmill (like this but they need to be further away from the treadmill with their feet, lowering their derrieres and up the speed a bit)

https://youtu.be/vwQjrnHNCqE
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    stljam wrote: »
    One time I went on one of those reverse glute ham raise machines with a 45 lb plate, idk what happened but I did an entire somersault over the machine, weight flying and crashing loudly 🤣 the whole gym stared at me like Wtf 😳🤯 maybe I’m just embarrassed out 🤣

I like the concept of embarrassed out. The looks I got in PT when I was shoulder rehabbing (5 anchors to fix a labrum tear) were something but i couldn't care less. See what kind of looks you get if you hand-walk a treadmill (like this but they need to be further away from the treadmill with their feet, lowering their derrieres and up the speed a bit)

I once did something similar where I put my feet on the seat part of a rower and my hands on the floor in plank position, then pulled my legs into my waist on repeat. It was a dare and so I completely understand the comparison 😂
  • KickassAmazon76

I once did something similar where I put my feet on the seat part of a rower and my hands on the floor in plank position, then pulled my legs into my waist on repeat. It was a dare and so I completely understand the comparison 😂

It makes me think of all the vids that are out there mocking people for using the equipment "wrong". Sometimes someone may be using it for something other than the "intended purpose", but it doesn't mean that there is no benefit. If it's working certain muscles, is it really wrong?

As long as it doesn't put you at risk for serious injury... I say go for it!

I would be worried about treadmill face, myself. haha
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Happy Friday!!! Worked out at 5 today, was legit out of my house at 4:30 waiting for my gym to open.... wtf is wrong with me 😳. Today was 🍑 day.... having lots of those Bc I’m trying to not use my shoulder, it’s killing me lately and I’m praying I’m not injured. Anyway got over 200 lbs on my thrusts so there’s that 😁

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861e7890b4997cbaab75c0070398e2d8382fc5aae2&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Can we talk about camera positioning?
  • KickassAmazon76
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Happy Friday!!! Worked out at 5 today, was legit out of my house at 4:30 waiting for my gym to open.... wtf is wrong with me 😳. Today was 🍑 day.... having lots of those Bc I’m trying to not use my shoulder, it’s killing me lately and I’m praying I’m not injured. Anyway got over 200 lbs on my thrusts so there’s that 😁

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861e7890b4997cbaab75c0070398e2d8382fc5aae2&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I dunno... CAN WE?

I'm looking at you, Mr. I-wanna-see-Jenna's-butt-but-won't-show-my-legs...

😂
  • jennacole12

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

I just love you two and your bickering 🤣

I agree legs please 😂🤣🤣

Also, my repositioned camera pics 🤔😅😘
  • 5ofseven

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

I mean, not just. I'm not quite so exclusionary on the things I wanna see. There's a whole list. I cross things off as I find them, it's like Creeper Scavenger Hunt. :ohwell:

All I have is the old red ball pic, I keep saying this. To post my legs I'd have to use them, and I haven't used them.

• KickassAmazon76

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

I mean, not just. I'm not quite so exclusionary on the things I wanna see. There's a whole list. I cross things off as I find them, it's like Creeper Scavenger Hunt. :ohwell:

All I have is the old red ball pic, I keep saying this. To post my legs I'd have to use them, and I haven't used them.

You have a camera. You have legs.
    tenor.gif
  • 5ofseven

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

tenor.gif

You were right! I have both of those! I think it turned out pretty good. <3

t30p3p0diqbl.jpeg
  • KickassAmazon76

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

tenor.gif

t30p3p0diqbl.jpeg

tenor.gif
  • 5ofseven

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

tenor.gif

t30p3p0diqbl.jpeg

tenor.gif

:smooched:
  • jennacole12

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

tenor.gif

t30p3p0diqbl.jpeg

tenor.gif

The gif choice 👌🏻 and creeper scavenger hunt 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member

😏

• stljam

Kudos for the answering the 5am call. Hope the shoulder cooperates soon and it's just being a little cranky rather than injured.
  • stljam

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mppjpns8yrtn4aunzwib5quy4n11whynbq1xzafo&rid=giphy.gif
  • 5ofseven

I dunno... CAN WE?

😂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mppjpns8yrtn4aunzwib5quy4n11whynbq1xzafo&rid=giphy.gif

I'm an acquired taste. :laugh: