WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,087 Member
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 42.15min, 15.7amph, 446elev, 143ahr, 163mhr, 11.04mi= 411c
    Strava app = 251c
    Short walk w/family- 43.50min, 2.76ap, 90ahr, 114mhr, 2.16mi= 240c
    Strava app = 262c

Total cal 651
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    How have I changed as a result of the pandemic--I am more stay at home and avoid being around people.
    Perspectives--I just have to realize that a lot of people just don't have the same ideas about how to act and what to do about this masking and hand washing.

What is important to me--My family and spending time with DH. We have found that we need to work on not letting the little things become big things, and we are doing a lot better.

Pip--Looks like you are all ready for some great times in the Meerkat. Looking forward to hearing all about it and lot of pictures.

With all the rain, the little ants have some into the kitchen early this year and I have diceded I am not dealing with it so called the Okin man and he is coming Monday to treat the whole house. This has been happening in the spring last several years and I hate it. So hoping this will take care of the problem. They will come Monday and then next month, after that every other month for a year and that should take care of it. But if not I just have to call and they come out for free.

Rebecca--we are still waiting for our stimulus check. Looking forward to putting at least half in savings and maybe get some work done on DH's pickup. We bought me a new recliner with tax refund. I am enjoying it, but I am so short I have to hop to get in the seat. DH just laughs. But the fur babies and I love it.

Allie--Sorry to hear about your friend. Lets see a picture of your new hairdue.

Machka--Your question "What do you want to do next?" Really something I want to think about and yet scared to think about.

Michelle--I used to call my parents every Sunday. Not at the same time, just the same day. When they were both gone I still find myself thinking about calling them on Sundays. If I called on other days they wanted to know if something was wrong or was I checking up on them.

I agree, I love when the family comes and the grandkids stay. but I am more then ready for them to leave and get back to my quiet.

So glad it is Friday and I have the weekend off.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

Hopefully it comes for you soon!👍. Congrats on your new recliner! My husband has a green recliner, it was on sale. Way back in 2013 we saw it on sale at the furniture store. We both looked at it, and declared it was the ugliest green alligator chair! So of course husband had to get it.🙃😋
    💕 Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,616 Member
    Carol - Good for you! They say it's very good exercise for the brain. :D

Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago I tried to contact an old friend from my childhood. I found out from her husband that she was seriously ill with corticobasal degeneration. She died a few months later.
    Well, today I saw on my Facebook page the husband's photo as 'someone you might know'. I clicked on it and saw he had put on a few photos of my friend. One was when she was healthy and a few were when she was obviously ill. It was a strange sensation. When we were 7 - 14 we were soulmates, blood sisters. We lost touch before she became ill. Little bit shaken.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    Had to have lab work done yesterday. Took both arms to get the job done.😳. Then when we get home, the lab calls and said they need more. I told her, you used two arms, can this wait until tomorrow to heal? So today we go back, and I had the other guy there at the on base clinic. He got it no prob.
    I am buying some macaroons from a gal here in Oak Harbor that bakes them. She is licensed, but sells them at a parking lot of a grocery store up the street. Six of a variety flavor for $9. So a nice treat. Plus I am supporting local businesses!👍
    Now trying to organize a lawn maintenance company to come and get branches.
    xiebtt57kzt5.jpg
    16xclmok2s8f.jpg
    bvtbr3zhji2k.jpg
    ccp190dsvhdk.jpg
    htikx15paglf.jpg
    31wsccbn5owy.jpg
    r7tps999gkiv.jpg
    img
    ]
    We just need all this gone. Have a company coming to do a free estimate Sun.
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Felicia: When I fell and hit my head, I was out of it and don’t remember anything. DH took me to the clinic and he later told me they did a brain x-ray or other scan but it was not worrisome to the person who did the scan. I had a visible bruise on my forehead for weeks. It is no longer visible and seems to be slowly healing, but I still feel it at times. I definitely do NOT want to do this again. :noway: On another health subject, I am absolutely delighted to have one CoVid vaccination done, and the other scheduled for the end of this month. I have seen my primary care doctor for an annual health exam. We didn’t have time to talk about the fall. My overall health is good. :flowerforyou:

We decided to get Chinese take out for lunch today. It was the first meal that wasn’t home cooked other than a visit to Subway Sandwiches. We called in an order at the Chinese place and I don’t plan to buy take out from them again. Subway Sandwiches are still on my good list. I suspect we’ll be cooking our own food for the foreseeable future. :heart:

Katla in OR
  • pipcd34
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,697 Member
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: I’m sorry for the health outcome for your childhood friend. It is no wonder that you feel a little shaken. :cry:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,470 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tracey: I have been told that it is likely to take a couple of years for my head to feel better. DH took me directly to the emergency room. I was not actually aware of the emergency room visit. The estimated timeline to heal came from others who have been through it, not from my physician. I should probably make an appointment with her to talk about it.. :ohwell:

Machka: This is a bit redundant to what I’ve said before and I hope you don't mind. Here goes: Next I want to get back to real life, visit friends and have fun. Now I want the headache to go away from my fall early in the year. I look forward to the second dose of Phizer vaccine at the end of the month. After that I want to do the things I enjoy--go back to the gym and go out to the stable. :star:

Allie: We look forward to the second vaccinations and I get a bit of satisfaction in knowing we’ve done what we can to stay healthy. Our first shots resulted in a low-grade headache for me, but nothing compared to my fall and head-bash in January. My head is still a little sore from that fall. I’ve been told to expect it will take a long time to fully heal. :ohwell:

Katla in overcast NW Oregon

Yes do make an appointment with your doctor.
    If you can, ask for an MRI and a referral to a neurologist.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,806 Member
    Tracey - the FoodSaver vacuum bags and machine work better than anything I've found to keep freezer burn from happening. We have been able to eat things more than a year old with no freezer burn at all. Saves a lot of waste on long-frozen foods.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Here are a couple of pictures of my daughter's bump in recent years. I can't find the one when the bump was fresh on the computer, I thought I had scanned it in.
    We knew she was not nervous at all on her wedding day because her bump never showed up until way late into the evening and some drinks had been had.
    q1lv1c5z9i90.jpg
    iz09nof16kk5.jpg

Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Kaitlyn answered my text asking if she had these photos on FB, she did in an album called “I finally found them”. 😂
    These photos were taken about 6 hours after her fall. I don’t know why we didn’t have more taken later, things looked a lot worse than this.
    r067b6cq8eg1.jpeg
    nxdxhgnjv6zd.jpeg
    4ylke2w5ho5f.jpeg

Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Lisa - thank you for the advice. I will look into that
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :):) Another happy day with dancing in the morning and lots of dog walking.
  • pipcd34
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,470 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I asked this question on this day in 2013 to my Facebook crowd, so I'll ask it here now. Note that it is a vague question. You can interpret it the way you would like. "Next" could be in the next minute or hour ... or tomorrow ... or next month ... or next year ...
    It could be simple, like changing into your walking shoes or more complicated like going for a university degree. Your choice.
    Be serious ... or have some fun with it.

What comes to mind when I ask ...

What do you want to do next?

Machka in Oz

What I want to do next is---- Take a vacation. Since the pandemic started, we have all worked as much or in husband's case, a LOT more hours with no time off. We usually take one trip a year- I take one week off, he takes at least two weeks. I would really like to take a few months off or more.

Debbie

Before my husband's accident, we used to bunch up all our holiday time and take a month to travel somewhere (often Canada).

Since his accident, because we can't leave Tasmania, I've been taking a week here and a week there. It's nice, but it's just not the same. I've got 11 days off over Easter (3 days of stat holidays + 4 days of weekend + 4 annual leave days), but we're spending most of it at home. I just didn't feel like heading to the other side of the island and I've got things on that List of mine I want to do.

But yeah, one day, eventually, I would like to take an extended holiday again. I don't see it happening for a while.

Machka in Oz

I did have about 3 weeks off work in January- forgot about that, but that was NOT a vacation- in bed because of Covid. Don't even remember part of that.

Kind of like my days off over the past 3 years ... I've taken leave to get homework done, to study for exams, to attend things with the Brain Injury Association, to attend things with my husband - most medical things fall under carer's leave, but like the Beekeeping course was a leave day. I had 2 weeks of medical leave when I had my nose surgery in July. And I use leave to organise and run cycling events.

Even when I have had a week without anything booked to do, the trouble with taking just one week is that the first few days are spent going somewhere, getting settled and doing the "Top 3" things on the holiday list: visiting attractions, cycling a certain route, etc. The last couple days are spent packing up and going home. And I'm left with Thursday to just relax.

Also, having spent so much time on this island, the whole island is starting to feel like just staying home. I haven't been everywhere here, but close to it.

They've just announced a Tasmania/New Zealand travel bubble so as soon as we're free to leave this island, I would like to go visit the next island over: New Zealand!! Hopefully the travel bubble will still exist then.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Evening ladies
    Had a lovely visit with my best friend and another friend,Lori had hip replacement 2 weeks ago,so the 3 of us were yakking about medical stuff for a few hours,but so great to get together with them both.. my best friends son and daughter in law are expecting and they are having a gender reveal,here is hoping i can find out.. well with no naps today and sleeping pretty well last night im still awake at 10:15 pm so thats good..here is hoping i sleep well tonight..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💛
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    B)