NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    edited March 2021
    @teresaw1020 Woohoo on your Whoosh! Choice is a good thing. The way you are doing it means the weight will stay off. Keep swimming.

@trooworld See, you lost some weight too. We are warriors. I got 25%. Your menus sound good. My hubby is on a histamine kick now that he has seen some YouTube video. YouTube can be dangerous. :D So he wants me to think about foods and histamine. I'm like you are retired. How about YOU think of foods and histamine and tell me what you want me to cook. I'm busy trying to do my own program.

Yellow Day- Went Over 41/23 :o
    Exercise- 31 min physical therapy stretches
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Evening here, Hope you all have had a good Saturday.. I didn't get my walk in, but I have been nonstop. I have 9094 steps in , so not sure if I will hit my 10K. I haven't tracked what just ate, but I will. I am hoping when I get on the scale on Monday, it's not a gain.

@TeresaW1020 Great job on the loss...you have done great!! What are you going to do when you get the 80 #?

@trooworld Yea on the loss...I had to laugh at what theslightedge about your meals...Your meals always look good...

@theslightedgeforever And what did DH say to that last remark? Do what I do to baby girl...I block the videos I don't want her to see.LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Yes! I got about 25% yesterday, too, it was a challenging day. Yes, YouTube can be dangerous. We are all too ready to accept what we see in videos by everyday people or so-called "experts". Hopefully your husband figures out what he wants lol.

@cbabie Thank you! We try to eat well. Hopefully you have a good weigh-in tomorrow.

Hi all. We celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday yesterday, I made a blueberry lemon cake with mascarpone-whipped cream icing and it was delicious. We also had bbq ribs, baked beans, and macaroni salad. I'm glad we didn't bring any leftovers home lol. I tracked dinner but I didn't track what I ate for brunch so I have to go back and track it now. Ugh. Okay I tracked. That cake was 35 pts! :( I'm -34 pts for the week now after yesterday. Gah. Time to earn some Fitpoints.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie At least you are active and try again tomorrow to get in a walk or other exercise. Put on some music and you and baby girl dance. Can't block the videos on his phone. lol

@trooworld 25% The good news is that you tracked. Birthdays like this come once a year. You aren't eating this cake every day. So like you said, go earn you some fitpoints and try and minimize the damage done. It sounded wonderful though. Dh keeps getting hives and we can't figure out why. We're waiting for a dermatologist appt. So he keeps scouring the internet for answers. Maybe he's allergic to me after all these years :D

Green Day- Went Over 277/238
    Exercise-52 min walking

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I’m sitting here debating with myself if I need to Google what it means to think about foods and histamine. That is probably not a rabbit trail I need to go down. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday researching our need for iodine. One health issue at a time. :D

@cbabie What am I going to do when I get to 80 pounds? Well since that just happened, I will start working towards 90 pounds! :grin: I have 25 lbs to lose before I declare myself at goal.

@trooworld That blueberry lemon cake sounds sooo good. I love that flavor combination! You just keep working hard this week and you will work off those cake points. :)

Good morning! Well, yesterday I stepped on the scale and I’ve hit my 80 lbs loss! You know I did a happy dance as I rushed out to show my DH the number on my Happy Scale app. And now, I need to continue working hard to keep that number and work towards getting to 90 lbs. loss. :grin: I need to figure out a time to get in my closet and get rid of all the clothes that are too big. There is no way I’m keeping larger sizes because I’m NOT going back there ever again. OK, off to workout and then hit the grocery stores.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever 25% for me, too. Thanks for your support. The cake was beautiful and delicious and worth it. I just need to behave for the rest of this week. Oh geez, now I understand why he's willing to listen to Dr. YouTube! I hope you guys figure it out or the appointment comes soon.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for your support. Girl, that cake LOOKED good and was as good as it looked! The flavor combination was excellent. It had a layer of homemade lemon curd between each layer + frosting between too. CONGRATS ON HITTING 80 LBS DOWN!!!! I'm so fricking proud of you! Yes!!! Yes, get rid of those too-big clothes. Good idea.

Hi all. I had a lazy day yesterday and just read my book most of the day before I cooked dinner. For dinner, I made a healthy cauliflower shrimp stir fry that was stuffed in a pineapple half. It was really pretty and delicious but a pain to make so I probably will alter how I make it in the future. I go into work today so I have to get ready in a bit. Have a good day!

9yilmnxtsk9g.jpg
  • trooworld
    Congratulations, @TeresaW1020 !!!!!

e96azce9dnfg.png
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @trooworld that shrimp dish looks incredible! But I totally understand that is way too much work for every day! ANd congrats on the loss. How was the BBQ?

@TeresaW1020 Holy buckets, 80lbs?! Congratulations!!! That is a fantastic accomplishment

@cbabie You were so close to 10k steps!! Did you get there?

@theslightedgeforever I laughed a bit about the story with your husband! Since he's retired it sounds like he should start making the dinners!

Happy Monday! I got my first COVID shot yesterday and have been feeling nauseous ever since. I'm so glad I'm one shot it, but it has made work today super difficult. I also really need a nap. Thank goodness today is a pretty light work day otherwise I'd really be struggling! I cooked for the week and tracked my food so I'm feeling really good about everything for the week ahead.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2021
    @teresaw1020 Congrats for hitting 80 lbs. That's a huge accomplishment. Now onward to 90. Yes, don't go down the rabbit hole with histamine. You think you've fixed one problem and another one pops up. Yes get rid of those clothes. Someone bigger than you out there needs them now.

@trooworld 25%. I know I need to make it a habit but I'm currently working getting my tracking habit down pat again. There's always something it seems. Your pineapple dish looked really pretty.

@mswatson0777 Yaaay for cooking and prepping for the week. Plus tracking. Dh making dinner. Judgement Day would probably happen first. lol Or I'd be waiting that long for dinner to be ready. He's really meticulous at some things. We have a joke with our kids about "dad" making the PB sandwiches. He made sure all the corners were perfectly covered. All the PB was the same height across the bread. No knive marks in the PB. Meanwhile, "mom" just slaps some PB on the bread and that's what you are getting. Don't like it? make it yourself. They never complained though and said they like me making it because dad takes too long. I'm like they are going to eat it and poop it out. I have other things I'd like to do with my time. I'm not the most patient person in the world. lol So now he makes his own lunch which is usually corn flakes. Since he's retired, I'm not cooking 3 meals a day. I hope you're feeling better now.

I didn't even think about red, yellow, or green days yesterday. But all is good as I lost 1.7 lbs this week. I think I still had leftover fluid to get rid off. Because surely it wasn't my habits last week. But I'll take it just like I took the gain I wasn't expecting. Now the real work begins.

I went to the dr and got my knee x-rayed. Well both to compare. She said it looked like I had some fluid there so we'll wait for the results. Plus my BP was sky high so she increased my meds again. I wonder if inflammation from my knee isn't messing with my BP. Of course could also be I haven't exercised consistently since I hurt my knee a month ago. Not like I was doing. So I'll figure this out too.

Red Day- Went Over 36/16
    Exercise-Rest Day
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I am trying to find a routine that works or just deal with people wanting things from me and zipping my lip. I will just keep working at it. I did lose 2.4 lbs this past week. I am not sure how I did that, considering my diet 2 of those days were terrible. I will take it and be happy!

@theslightedgeforever If it's fluid, I guess that is better than a break..LOL I laughed so hard about the PB...I can see your daughter rn...I think my kids feel that way about their dad too...he drives me crazy most of the time with his "ways" You should see him change a #2 diaper...His car wash days come to mind, the way he folds and refolds the wipe. (edges even at all times)

@mswatson0777 I hope you feel better by end of day. I can't stand being nausea. I don't like throwing up either. I will lat still for hours if I have to..LOL

@TeresaW1020 congratulations!!!! 80 LBS that is awesome. I would get rid of the clothes too...it would give me incentive. LOL I am so cheap, thats why I am still trying to fit into my old clothes. If I had bigger ones I would have just said..oh it's okay....this is comfortable. LOL

@trooworld I am not a shrimp person, but your food looks very YUMMY. All your dishes do..maybe you should be a chef! What is a mascarpone-whipped cream icing? The cake sounds very yummy!! I would like a no nothing day but read, read, read. I am going to have to delclare war on my household. LOL

cbabie
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 The shrimp dish was really good. The BBQ was amazing, my SIL got the ribs and the baked beans from a local BBQ restaurant and my husband made the macaroni salad. I'm sorry you had a reaction, I still have to get my 2nd shot in a week and I'm worried it's going to be a bad reaction. That's good it was a light workday for you, I can't imagine feeling sick and having to do what some of your days look like!

@theslightedgeforever I got 50%. Tracking is probably more important. Thanks, it was really good. I'm glad you lost this week, congratulations! What are they going to do about your knee? Take the fluid out? I hope your blood pressure goes down.

@cbabie Wow, congrats on the loss, that's fantastic that you weren't expecting it and got it! Thank you. My husband doesn't like shrimp either so I had to make the shrimp separately and make him some chicken for his. I wouldn't enjoy cooking if I had to do it for a living lol. The mascarpone-whipped cream icing wasn't very sweet, the sweetness came from the cake itself. The icing was creamy and slightly tangy from the mascarpone (which is an Italian cream cheese). It was really good with the cake! I hope you get your read read read day, make it so!

Hi all. I had a busy day at work yesterday, it always is when I go into the job site as all the work that I can't do from home piles up, and then I have to try to get it done when I'm there (I can never finish it). I'm working from home for the rest of the week.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Thanks so much for the awesome graphic! It’s true that I was once as round as a ball of tape. :D That pineapple shrimp dish looks amazing!!! You seriously need to become a food blogger. You make the best food and take such a great picture of it. :)

@mswatson0777 Thank you! I’m pretty happy to finally hit a number that has taken what feels like forever to reach. That is great that you got your shot. Do you have to get the second one? Bummer that it made you feel icky. Hopefully, that will pass soon. <3

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! Yup, I’m going to chase hard after that 90 lbs. Congrats on your loss this week! A loss is a loss even if it’s just fluid getting flushed away. :grin: I would bet that the inflammation in your knee could be causing your BP to go higher. Is the knee feeling any better?

@cbabie thank you and yes the big clothes are going away for sure. I do have a few really cute tops that my mom thinks she can alter for me, so that will be nice. Congrats on your 2.4 lb. loss this week! That is great! :)

Good morning! The scale bounced back up a little this morning, which is annoying but we all know that is the nature of the scale. I'm going to do a long fast today and eat a 500 calorie or less dinner. I figure if I do that today and on Thursday, my weigh-in will be good to me this Friday. I have a hair appointment this morning and then I plan to come home and work on my lesson for Sunday’s kid church. I also have a zoom meeting later this afternoon with the other three ladies that I run the challenge group Fat2Fit with. That should be fun! :)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..sorry it's been awhile. Having a fun day today..it is colonoscopy prep day. Apple juice & beef broth (& I don't really care for either, lol) I am a year late, so praying it will be OK tomorrow.

@trooworld I agree you should be a food blogger. Your food always looks so delicious! Good luck with your 2nd shot. I didn't have any reaction but dd (she's 41) felt pretty bad for 24-36 hrs. Other dd (she's 44) gets her 2nd on Thurs. We'll see how she does.

@TeresaW1020 Wow! 80# is amazing! I think the clothes that don't fit should go, too. That is something I haven't done & it is too easy to fall back into them.

@mswatson0777 Hope you are feeling better now. Nausea is the worst! Yay for cooking for the week & tracking.

@cbabie Great loss. You are doing so well with your walking, that should help. Been trying for at least 10,000 steps also.

@theslightedgeforever Hope they can figure out what is wrong with your knee. That is a bummer about your BP. I think when we have inflammation anywhere it can affect it. Thinking about your dh & hives. I had them for about 2 months & never did figure out what caused them. I decided that it was because I had been eating too many peanuts, so for about 4-5 years I avoided all things with peanuts (& I love Snickers!). Well, after that time, my Dr said I should be tested for peanut allergy & nope that wasn't it. So my avoidance was for nothing, lol. I do hope he can figure it out, tho.

Well, went to Dr & my BP was slightly better & I had lost 3#, so she is letting me continue without medicine for another 6 weeks until I get my cholesterol checked again.

My allergy Dr also wanted some food allergy tests done to see if that is contributing to my cough. I had a few that might be troublesome, so he wants me to do an elimination diet to see. Not starting that for a couple of weeks tho because we are planning to go to OK on Thurs since we haven't seen them since July & gd turns 12 on Sunday. I am ok with it because we are fully vaccinated now, my brother & sil that we will see are also, and dd will get her 2nd shot that day.

Well, need to go down & sew a few spring masks, I am tired of my Christmas ones, lol.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Congrats on the loss! And that level of perfection would drive me nuts so I can see why you do it yourself too lol.

@TeresaW1020 I do have to get the second shot so I've got that scheduled for early April. I'm excited to get back to normal by late April! I hope you have a great time in your zoom meeting!

@trooworld Luckily yesterday was a light day so I made it through and I'm feeling way better today. I even did full body cardio from 21 day fix this morning! I hope you get caught up on work since you'll be home the rest of the week.

@cbabie Congrats on the loss! I hope it helps inspire the healthy habits going forward. I also hate nausea so I'm glad I started feeling better later in the day.

Hi Everyone! I am feeling 1,000,000 times better today. It was great to get up and do a workout that actually felt good. I powered through feeling cruddy yesterday. I ended up doing a full workout, walked both dogs, cleaned up the yard, got a few big work projects done, and folded laundry. I just kept moving because it distracted me from feeling cruddy and I knew I wasn't really sick and just nursing my post-vaccine hangover (my SO thinks I'm nuts). Hope you all have a good day!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Let's look at your weight loss another way. You had 5 good days. If the people that want something from you can do it themselves, make them do it. Too many years you have been the caregiver and now it's time to give some care to yourself. Also planting your flag saying, this is not working for me right now.

@trooworld Yaaay on your 50%. I don't know yet about my knee. Still waiting for results and then I guess we'll see. Maybe if they take out the fluid, I can lose another couple of pounds. :D At this point I'm taking it anyway I can. Mascarpone is good on scones. I got 25%.

@teresaw1020 Yes, the scale likes to do head fakes with us. But we will persist. My whole leg just aches. I kept doing point and flex in the middle of the night while I wasn't sleeping because I'm supposed to be stretching my hamstrings and calves. Then my ankle started hurting. lol I made myself walk when I got up for 30 min. I might need to break that up and do two 15 min. I had dropped to 2-3 times a week since I injured it but until I get a definitive answer I will try and do some kind of exercise. I did some Pilates and my therapy exercises today too. Those things really make me sweat. I don't get one zone minute for them, but I'm sweating.

@retiredandlovingit Colonoscopy prep day. YAAAAY. Those are fun. lol That's great news about being medicine free. That is our goal with all this right? To be healthy and med-free. I seem to be going in the other direction. Spring masks seem fun. Do you have GERD? I had a cough with that for a while but it's gone now. Both. I have reactive airway disease and one of my triggers is cold weather. If I'm outside just a bit too long, then I cough cough cough. I just realized that this year wasn't that bad because I was wearing a mask. Yaaay spring is here.......

@mswatson0777 We all experience things in our own way. You felt good just moving. Won't it be good to be back to normal. Although I think some really good things have come out of this pandemic and I hope they keep some of them.

Red Day Stayed OP 95/100 carbs
    Exercise-did not exercise
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I didn't walk today..IT's COLD here and gray! I made the mistake of eating oatmeal for breakfast and it just put me in the comfort food way...so I am going to try to stay busy...I have had horrible allergies all day. I tracked yesterday and did better choices, but still have work to do.

@theslightedgeforever I hope you get answers soon on your knee...I hate bum knees. Glad you are moving, keep it from freezing up ..LOL Yea we will see about the flag...

@mswatson0777 So glad you are feeling so much better...

@TeresaW1020 You have a fun filled packed day...I really should make an appt for my hair. It's halfway down my back..LOL When I go in, they say they don't want to cut it..just trim and freshen up.LOL So I put it off. I can "see" you with the scale...talking to it, saying you think you are in my head? NOT...just watch what I do and you no longer have a "hold" on me.. :)

@trooworld yea for working at home the rest of the week..I bet I would like that Italian cream cheese..I make the topping for jello that is dream whip and cream cheese...YUM.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I hope you enjoy your kids and grandkids. So glad you get to go back...Mine all live here and I still don't see them. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 :D That dish was good but I'll never make it in a pineapple boat again, too much work lol. Aww, thank you! That's so sweet. Maybe someday when I retire! Just hang in there, that metal monster will come back down. I hope you enjoyed your hair appointment and the Zoom call.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I hope the colonoscopy goes okay. Thank you! I'm glad to hear about you and your daughter's experience. We'll see how it goes, it's next...Weds? Thurs? One of those days. That's good your BP is down a bit. And congrats on the loss! How nice that you will get to see your family. I'm sure you are excited.

@mswatson0777 I'm glad to hear that. Unfortunately, there is a mountain of work to do at work so I didn't get through it. It's all stuff I can't take home with me (like shifting the magazine stacks to make more room for more magazines). But I'm not going to stress, it will be there next week lol. It sounds like you had a great day despite feeling cruddy.

@theslightedgeforever Yesterday I got another 50%. I think I am going to reduce my goal for a while. Down to 50 oz of liquids. If they take out the fluids, you can more easily exercise. I can imagine mascarpone is good on scones. I've been wanting to make some scones but have resisted.

@cbabie I hope your allergies get better today than yesterday. I like working from home, I'm going to miss it when I go back to the library full time. That sounds like a good dessert! :)

Hi all. Yesterday I worked out twice, just doing Leslie Sansone videos but those burn calories. My weight is still up some from Saturday, I'm hoping I can get it off the next few days. I have a migraine this morning so no workouts.

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Can you find you a nice alternative exercise for when the days are cold. I know not really that many of them. Now you got me in the mood for some apricot delight (even though we always use strawberry jello) lol I haven't had that in 5 years. Problem is I will eat it all. one spoonful at a time.

@trooworld Yaaay on your Leslie Sansone videos. I haven't made scones in a while either. Cause I eat all of those too.

Red Day Went Over 27/16 points
    Exercise- 30 min walking 10 min Pilates 14 min physical therapy exercises
  • TeresaW1020
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I hope your colonoscopy went well. I had a friend do an elimination diet to try to get to the bottom of her allergies. Sometimes it can really help, but I agree that I wouldn’t start it before you got home from seeing your family. You must be excited that your family gets to be together again. :)

@mswatson0777 Glad you are feeling better and able to resume life as usual. Once you have both shots will you feel free to go about your life as you used to? I have a sweet friend who just returned to church after being gone for over a year. She is hugging everyone! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, hopefully with you keeping up with the exercises your leg will start to feel better. Pilates are no joke! I always sweat a ton when I do them. :)

@cbabie Were you able to exercise today? I’m ready for cold weather to be gone for the next several months! Just please remind me that I said that when it’s in the 90s here and I’m dying. :grin:

@trooworld I feel the same about complicated dishes. Like I love Chicken Cordon Blue, but why would I pound out chicken and do all that rolling and breading, when I can just turn it into a casserole and still have the same great flavor. :D

Hi everyone! I spent a couple of unplanned hours today trying to rearrange and get rid of a bunch of my knick-knacks. I have been hanging on to things that I really love and bought especially for my last house, but they just don’t work here, and it was time to send them off to Good Will for someone else to enjoy. I still need to redo things like the top of my kitchen cabinets, but I first need to find decide and find replacements. I didn’t get my hair done because my lady was sick, so that is a bummer. Hopefully soon! Exercise and food have been good today. I’m making a green chicken chili casserole for dinner that I’m excited about. :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. Yeah, I'm afraid it would be a scone every day for breakfast, so I'm not making them. :) How'd you do for water? I got 100% under my new water goal.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah exactly. You must have a lot of knick-knacks, eh? That's a lot of dusting! I'm sorry you couldn't get your hair done. Your dinner sounds yummy.

Morning, everyone! I'm one pound away from being where I was 2 weeks ago, so that's good. Yesterday's migraine caused me to clock out of work at 10:00 a.m. but I felt better by about 1:00 p.m. so I went and picked up some books that I ordered from a local bookstore. I read the rest of the day which was nice. I had forgotten that I wanted to work out or I would have done that. Dinner was really good: my husband made a WW recipe for eggplant parmesan. Tonight is tortellini soup.