Less Alcohol - MARCH 2021

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Sauna, steam room, hot tub or steamy bathroom is good for decongesting. Also organic chicken broth (I add hot sauce to it)...this helps open up air passages.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @mainelylisa
    Sorry to hear about your insomnia.
    I have had sleep problems since I was 7 years old.
    Sometimes I feel like I have spent my life feeling tired.
    I actually take a sleeping pill once per week (narcotic, can't take it more than that) so that I at least get one full night of sleep per week.
    I did try the Tylenol PM suggested here on this thread, but it did nothing for me.
    I also tried something that I saw on YouTube, repeating "don't think" over and over silently. Meh.
    I don't drink much alcohol any more, but it does put me to sleep....briefly.
    Falling asleep is usually my issue, be it FOMO or whatever. Busy busy brain.

Pink bullet over Rye bullet has me LMFAO
    You are so funny!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Happy March!

I am continuing with my goals that I have mostly been following for a year:

16-20 AF days per month
    Don't drink 2 days in a row
    Try to keep 2 AF days in between drinks days

I choose the diary style so that I check in every day, keep myself accountable, and can see at a glance where I am at.

Friday March 19 - Drinks.
    Saturday March 20 - AF - because I had drinks last night.
    Sunday March 21 - AF - Planned AF for Monday also.
    Monday March 22 - AF - because early morning and a long day tomorrow. I might have a few drinks Tuesday night.
    Tuesday March 23 - Drinks - 2, because I didn't want to hurl. Ready to catch that 16th AF day.

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 23 days.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    well drank two hot toddies last night too. after much google search, I think I am officially have a virus of some kind. so to experiment I took no allergy meds today. I am blowing my nose less often but am still super stuffy. This is really getting beyond annoying and there is nothing I can truly do other than wait it out. Tonight I will hot toddy myself again. Then use some aloe on my nose.

I have to say you are all doing so much better than I am now LOL but everyone has their own journey to travel. If you had told me 4 months ago I could go even 1 day AF I would have said...nope not me. So this is not the end of my road, this is just a short pause until my body likes me better.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Happy March!

I am continuing with my goals that I have mostly been following for a year:

16-20 AF days per month
    Don't drink 2 days in a row
    Try to keep 2 AF days in between drinks days

I choose the diary style so that I check in every day, keep myself accountable, and can see at a glance where I am at.

Friday March 19 - Drinks.
    Saturday March 20 - AF - because I had drinks last night.
    Sunday March 21 - AF - Planned AF for Monday also.
    Monday March 22 - AF - because early morning and a long day tomorrow. I might have a few drinks Tuesday night.
    Tuesday March 23 - Drinks - 2, because I didn't want to hurl. Ready to catch that 16th AF day.
    Wednesday March 24 - AF - Always hard to be AF the day after drinks. Had to use some willpower.
    Day 3 of 6 days of ice skating today : - ) This will be the last of the season, so very grateful that the Kinnette Club stepped up and booked the ice for free public skating once a day.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 24 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    1 rum & diet coke with fresh fish tacos :) Heading home tomorrow.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited March 2021
    @Lilylady3k
    What do you put into (or take out of) your skinny Margaritas to make them skinny? Do you take out the triple sec and agave syrup?
    I have tried the pre-mixed Skinny brand Margaritas, they are pretty good, although up here we only drink those refreshing kind of drinks in the hot summer. Different in Texas : - )
    When I was there in Texas I had them rimmed with the red spicy salt, sooo good! I forget what it is called.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Hi all.

Goal. Weight. Achieved!!

It will be up tomorrow again, I’m sure, but for now I am celebrating this milestone!

AF last night, one glass with dinner out Tuesday.