Healthy Holidays! (Christmas Group #2)- Closed Group

Options

Replies

• corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    YAY, down 4 lbs so far this week, 2 lbs were water retention, and I'm back on track with 2-3 exercises a day.

corgifan, I'm going to change my goal to 160 by December, or is the end date Christmas or the 31st?

I'd originally set this as a Christmas Challenge- 20 weeks to end on Dec 26th (I know, cruel to end a challenge the day after a major holiday! Talk about asking everyone to be accountable on a holiday!).

I was thinking about starting a separate challenge after that for anyone who wanted to keep encouraging each other. I was thinking about starting it on Jan 2nd and running it through some time in the spring.

Sorry, tangent, lol. To answer your question- Dec 26th is the final date for this challenge. :) I'll post your new goal tomorrow when I update the weights in the spreadsheet.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm at 175 love! :o) I'm in for the new challenge also.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Options
    Good morning. My weight for today is 183.8. That's a loss of 2+ pounds! :))
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Weight this week: 215.8. Exactly the same as last week. Blah. Not too bad for TOM though, I guess...
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SW - 198
    CW - 185
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Lost another pound this week. Weighing in at 173.
  • janiecorona
    Options
    Weight is the same this week. I bought a new scale and my new scale said I was 8 lbs heavier than my older scale, so I spent this past week working off those pounds and I'm going to be working off those pounds this week too! Boo.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in: 248.9
  • corgifan
    Options
    Weight this week: 215.8. Exactly the same as last week. Blah. Not too bad for TOM though, I guess...

Definitely sounds like water weight to me. I wouldn't sweat it. :)
  • corgifan
    Options
    Looks like a lot of great work this week!

I somehow managed a loss this week. With putting down the dog I definitely did some emotional eating (and several beers/glasses of wine over the weekend I don't normally consume). Not sure how, but I was down to 199.5, so a loss of 2.5 from two weeks ago. I tend to think it's more the result of last week's half than great eating this past week, but I'll take it!

Goodbye 200s! I don't want to see you again!
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    135.6 today.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Options
    My weight for today is 183.8 lb. This is a loss of 1.6 from last week.

Have a beautiful day everyone :))

Ignore the previous post from this morning. I accidently entered the weight from last week.
  • slw732
    Options
    So I weighed myself at the gym at school and it says 175.2! It's the height and weight type scale, anyone know how accurate they are?
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No change in weight! ugh!!! How does that happen? Tom, and poor eating habits! Today is a new day and healthy eating is what I am striving for this next week. I will conquer this!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    put on 1lb this week- gutted- now 131lbs, but im on a mission 2 get under 130 this week.x
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday.....
    I lost 2.4 lbs since last week
    CW: 344
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into my normal routines after 2 off days this weekend. I was able to do most of a Zumba class before the kiddo lost her **** in the child care, Turbo Fire 45 at home and I'll probably go back for the Zumba night class at 8p.
    I also browsed the free routines on Exercise TV On Demand and I may sneak in 30 Day Shred or some other weights program on top of my Turbo Fire Tone 30, especially if I can't hit R.I.P.P.E.D. at the gym tomorrow night.

I also adjusted my food goals to a more reasonable level after reading this about cardio & endurance:
    "Furthermore, 45 percent to 55 percent carbohydrates, 20 percent to 25 percent protein and 20 percent to 30 percent fat is healthy and will satisfy almost all individuals". I like it so far, closer to the carb & fat goals and the protein goal is better IMO too.
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    Sorry guys, it's been a hella long week with a 14 hour workday monday (for open house) and trying to catch up on all work every other day.

Surprise, surprise... I'm still the same weight!

BUT I dropped a few more inches in the last month! AND EVEN BETTER! I found an old pair of pants in a size 8 that I can button without laying on the bed (keep in mind that NO I am NOT saying that they are even close to being worn in public!) But they can be work around the house-ish (as long as I'm home alone!)

Anyways, I have decided that obviously my body is totally stuck on this plateau and maybe my body isn't ready to lose weight? I'm ok with it as long as I still lose inches! I am still loving this group though because in all actuality, this is keeping me motivated to continue to hit the gym and try new things each week!
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I am so sorry I have left it so late to weigh in, it has been a VERY busy week!
    I did howvere weigh myself on monday and my weight was 143lb :smile:
  • corgifan
    Options
    Hi ladies!

WOW! GREAT week! Almost everyone either lost or maintained AND anyone who didn't only had tiny, itty, bitty, nothing to worry about gains. Great work everybody on keeping up with your goals!

Collectively, we've now lost over 90 pounds! Give yourselves a bit pat on the back for that one.

Something to keep in mind- we're now in Week 7 of the challenge. If you're trying to stick to your goal you set just under two months ago, you probably want to be in the 30-40% range for your progress. (35% on Monday is dead on) Keep shooting for whatever you want (especially those NSVs that I LOVE!), but also know that if you want to revise up or down I'll change it if you like. A couple folks have already adjusted their goals based on progress and life's happenings. :)

Hope everyone is having another great week!