Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wed were pickleball and a great Barlates stretch routine followed by more stretching and self massage with lacrosse balls. We played for 1 3/4 hours and even though our 70+ y.o. friend was there we ran around a lot more. At some point our friend ran out of gas and DH and I played while he rested. I told DH I wanted to run around for the ball. He said "if you want to run around, I can make you run around" and THAT he did! LOL. It was a great cardio and leg/glute workout. We had a lot of fun.

The torrential rains continued overnight and during the day. There are floods everywhere. The soccer fields at the recreation complex were lakes. Creeks have become rivers. Someone posted on FB that we've had 14" of rain in March and 25" this year so far! Yikes!
    Now we're onto our second winter (around Easter) and a dry and sunny week ahead! Temps will drop below freezing a few nights and then mid 30's overnight. My weather app says 72 for a high on Monday and 78 on Tuesday! WOW! We sure need sunny days around here.

Laurie, I'm sorry about your headache. I'm glad you chose to rest! Great job with the RAW workout!

I can't believe your youngest is already 24! I remember when you used talk about her dance classes!
    I knew people would love your paraments Laurie! Great job paining those letters on the banners! They look great!

Laurel, awesome workouts! Good job using the 3# weight! Now that we're playing pickleball I'm having a hard time fitting the barre workouts in but I am getting a great lower body workout. My inner thighs are still getting sore!

I am so glad we have two weeks of recovery too. Playing pickleball is intense once you get going. I could feel the stiffness setting in by the time we got home. I knew I needed a seriously long stretching/massage session followed by a hot shower. MUCH better after that!

My heart goes out to those people who live by rivers/creeks/low lying areas. Thank God our land slopes downward so the water runs off down our second driveway and down a ditch that's around the gate to our property. We don't have basements here due to the clay soil so that also helps.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Heavy Bag & Arms.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Nice that you are going to go up in the weight for the Barlates workout. I upped my weight on this arm workout, and I could really tell the difference so I'm sure that will happen when you up your weights for certain exercises also. I'm at the point that if I want to up the weight, I have to go maybe one or two pounds. Five pounds might be to big of a jump for me, especially on the shoulders. In this workout she asked what body part is your favorite to work, and Kelly's was shoulders. I had to think about it, but I tend to lean toward the biceps. Probably because I can lift fairly heavy without to many problems. Hmm I may have to change my mind, and grill out since we are going to have some nice temps. It has been a long time, because our grill was covered in so much snow. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts, and making the pickleball part of your routine. Nice that your DH was so encouraging about getting you running around. I hope that your weather starts to improve, it sure does sound like you all need a break from the rain. We had temps in the teens this morning so totally understand the strange weather patterns. Oh yes dd's dance classes... she still dances around the house every once in a while, it makes me smile.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workouts were Cathe Live PHA 3 followed by XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT Extreme premix and Core 1. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. I love that you are enjoying Pickleball so much! That type of activity is so good for the mind and body because it is always different. DH told me this morning that he heard on the news we have had 16 inches of rain in the last two weeks! That is crazy. Today it is cold with a freeze warning tonight, but then, like you, we start warming up again.....thankfully!

Laurie, great workout. A little weight goes a long way in these Barlates workouts because she does so many reps. Boy, did I learn that the hard way with the first Barlates workout I did. :o So I will definitely build up slowly with any of these I do. I would be hard pressed to say what my favorite body part to work is anymore to be honest, though I, too, might go with biceps because there are no bicep exercises I dread (like push-ups or pull-ups). But as much as my shoulders are the most damaged of my muscle groups, I love the feeling of having worked them hard. So I think they may be a close second, then triceps, chest and back. Then legs.....always last. :#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited April 2021
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Vinyasa Flow and LITE PHA2.

The rain finally ended and today was a very windy and cold day. The strong winds have been non stop all day and night.

The bird feeder stand the bear broke last year and DH fixed fell to the ground because of the wind today. DH had to go outside and fix it. Five minutes after he went outside he came back inside and said: I have to put the winter gear on. It's below 50! I burst out laughing because this is the man who refused to wear a winter coat in MA no matter how cold it was. He had a leather jacket that he always wore unbuttoned. Never wore a sweater, just regular dress shirts! It was 43 degrees but felt 39 with wind chill this afternoon.

We are meeting a couple friend of ours for dinner tomorrow night. On Saturday morning we'll make the looong 45 minute drive to Publix and to buy other things around there. The Italian chicken sausage Publix makes is delicious so I have to get more.

Great workout Laurie! I think I also would've chosen biceps for the same reason you did.

Pickleball is definitely part of my routine now. I had both DH and our friend playing against me so I did get to run around. They both served me at the same time once (not on purpose) and I had two balls coming at me. I could hear DH say "pick a ball, pick a ball!" I just covered my head with my hands and the paddle. LOL

Laurel, great workout combo!! My least favorite exercises are pull ups followed by pushups. The reason why I hate pull ups is because my tower always moves as in it lifts off the floor on one end.

Pickleball is definitely good for the mind and soul. 16 inches of rain! OMG. I think the saying "when it rains, it pours" was made up by a southerner! It is so true here! LOL

People here definitely need a break from the rain. I'm glad your DD still dances around the house every once in a while!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Heavy Bag & Legs. Looking forward to this weekend, just feels like it will be a not so busy type. Well at least I'm hoping that is the case. :D

Laurel, Awesome workouts! Interesting on your list of fav body parts to work. I agree with you on the legs, they are last on my list too. My choices after biceps would be back, shoulders, triceps then chest. If the chest work is just weights then chest moves above shoulders. :D I think one of the reasons I don't like shoulders, is because I have such wide ones. The Barlates sounds tough, and at some point I will have to investigate the workouts further to see which one I would like to try out. That is a lot of rain!

Thelma, Nice workouts! Glad to hear that the rain has ended. Dang on the bird feeder. LOL about your DH and the winter clothing. Guess his body has adapted to your area. We had frost on the grass this morning, so it was a bit nippy out. Enjoy your shopping trip tomorrow. LOL about covering your head, I would have done the same thing. Who knows which ball would have hit you if not. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend and Easter,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XTrain Supercuts followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton. I really enjoyed Supercuts today. That workout runs hot and cold with me depending on my mood I suppose. But today it felt perfect.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry about the bird feeder though. But I completely understand about the cold. DH and I usually go for a walk shortly after I workout, and yesterday I begged out of it isn’t like me. But I was still slightly sweaty, and the ‘feels like’ temperature was 36, so I knew I was going to have to change all of my clothes....and then go freeze on the walk! I credit DH because he went without me. He was in a winter coat, stocking cap and gloves and when he got home, I asked him how it was and all he said was ‘cold’. And to think three years ago we were still shoveling snow in Alaska!! But I am hoping for some warmer temperatures this weekend.

Laurie, great workout. I bet it feels nice to have a quiet weekend to look forward to....and hopefully it stays that way. I know last time I told DH I wanted a quiet Sunday, he convinced me that was the perfect day to lay down mulch. :# I hope you have better luck for sure. I agree about chest work if it is without push-ups. Actually, I think chest work would go to the top of my list without push-ups. :D

Happy Easter! Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a great and busy weekend. We went out to dinner with our friends on Friday. We were gone for almost 5 hours on Saturday running errands out of town, then spent the afternoon in the yard doing a little gardening. I can't believe it's taken us two years to buy a few flowering plants. I can't wait for my new hydrangea to bloom! I also bought Peony's. I had beautiful ones in MA. I know my new ones won't bloom any time soon but at least I have some plants/roots now. The weather was gorgeous once the day warmed up but we didn't have any down time this weekend.

We are going to be in the 70's during the day every day this week except for Thursday when the high will be 68 because it might rain. I think we will hit 78 on Wednesday! Wow!

My workouts on Friday were a Peloton ride and ICE Metabolic Total Body. On Sunday a Peloton ride and Peloton Barre. I was not in the mood to get tortured by the Barlates lady! LOL

It appears that the owner of my yoga studio changed her mind about getting rid of the Ashtanga class on Monday afternoon. I got notified that there will be a class on Monday afternoon which is great.

Laurie, great workout!

DH managed to fix/patch the bird feeder stand. Our bodies have totally acclimated to the weather here. I imagine being locked up in the house for a year accelerated the process.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed the XT Supercuts workout!

Good idea to skip the walk when you were sweaty and it was cold outside. You would've been very cold. It is hard to believe that after having lived in cold and snowy places we are now getting cold when temps are in the 50's! LOL
    Good for your DH for still going for the walk though! Did he start the new diet plan?

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend, and it was surprisingly busy. Overall I'm glad that Easter is over, but it was a wonderful day. I now have a summer color for my hair also with some honey colored highlights. DD asked if I could come to my hair appointment early, because she only had two of us. She was able to get out of work early and enjoy her Easter with her bf's family. DH and I had a very nice meal on the grill. Thank you Laurel for the idea, because it was so delish.

No workouts for me this weekend, just to much running around. DH and I did go on a couple of long walks, so I think that made up for the no workouts. This morning was 30MTF Circuit Burn workout 2.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and enjoying the Supercuts workout. I agree with you on that one, it can be a great workout or not. That is the way I feel about the one I did this morning, it is a circuit type workout also. I was happy that I was able to use heavier weights than I usually use. Oh DH wanted us to do some gardening, but I said that we shouldn't do things to early. Since we had frost just last week, you really don't want to push things to fast. I do have some bulbs that I need to plant in the next two months though. My daffodils bloomed on Easter Sunday. :)

Thelma, I LOVE hydrangea's! I have 5 plants, and one I got from my Mom. I also have Peonies from her also. Those are my two most favorite perennials. The other one that I have are the bush roses. Awesome job on the workouts! Glad to hear that your yoga class is still on for Monday's. Very nice that your DH was able to get the bird feeder back up, and I hope that it stays that way. ;) Hopefully you don't have any visits from four legged creatures or weather.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had a very nice weekend. Saturday we spent working on the lawn. It felt so nice to be outside, and we are finally seeing some improvements in how it looks. We also went and got our first hanging baskets of the season. We weren’t able to put them out until yesterday because they were still expecting a frost on Saturday night, but they are out now. I love seeing flowers every time I look out the front window again. Yesterday, after a nice breakfast, we enjoyed a wonderful round of golf on a mostly empty course. We came home, grilled some salmon, and enjoyed a nice glass of wine on the deck.

For workouts, I shuffled my workouts around a bit because I got my first vaccine shot this morning, and they recommend not working out intensely two hours before or after for hydration reasons. So I swapped in my Saturday workout for today. So Saturday I did Cathe Live Lift It HiiT It Live and Cathe Live Bun Burner Barre and Ball. Yesterday was Cathe Live Vertical Loading 2 followed by Cathe Live Fitness Fusion. And today was Jessica Smith 20 minute Power Walk and 7 minute Standing Abs followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee.

Thelma, sounds like a great weekend. Like you and Laurie, I love hydrangeas. We planted one shortly after moving into this house, and it quickly has become one of my favorite of our plants. I bet you are going to love having some flowering plants again. Your weather sounds like ours, except we are a little warmer. It is wonderful! Great workouts! And I completely understand not feeling like being brutalized by Barlates this weekend. Clearly, neither did I. :D DH has started his new diet plan, and is doing really well. He has lost at least 15lbs and is very dedicated right now. I think he is really enjoying feeling better. It is helping me stay more focused as well, which I much needed after a year of thinking ‘whatever’ when it came to my food choices. B)

Laurie, it sounds like you had a nice weekend despite it being busier than you planned. But at least you didn’t get persuaded into heavy gardening work. I think our frosty weather may be over now, which is good. They say it is possible to get frost until mid-April, but looking at our extended forecast, it really doesn’t look like that will happen. Hopefully over the next few weeks we can get some more plants, including our vegetable plants. We did get our planters ready for them this weekend, so one step closer! Our daffodils and tulips are about at the end of their days now here, unfortunately. But we have plans to plant more bulbs because they really did look beautiful this last month. I am glad you enjoyed your dinner from the grill last night. That first grilled meal of the season always tastes so good. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were FlexTrain Timesaver #1, Ashtanga Yoga and Gina B. Hiit Walk.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Your new hair color sounds nice!
    Great job with the KCM workout!

I can't believe how much I've missed my hydrangeas and Peonies! These two plants are also my favorite perennials. The hydrangea I bought it's called Blushing Bride and it supposedly has a longer blooming season than other hydrangeas.
    Hopefully the bear won't break our bird feeder poles this year! They are just waking up but I black bears don't really hibernate around here because it's not that cold.

Laurel, I'm glad you also had a nice weekend and were able to play golf again! I can't have hanging baskets around here. It gets too windy so even though I buy hanging flower baskets we put them on stands that DH has tied to the deck railing. We just remove the hanging part.

Great workouts! I wonder why it's not recommended to workout before the vaccine. I can see after but not before.

You have no idea how excited I am about having flowering plants. I've been following a lady from CA on YouTube who loves hummingbirds and she's always making all kinds of water features for them. We are going to make a couple. I just have to figure out the parts I need.

Barlates = serious dread factor! LOL

I am so happy for your husband and his weight loss! I am sure you are relieved that he is taking care of his body.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Box. This one she had her son Zak doing the heavy bag work, and she was using the egg weights. Of course I followed Kelly since I don't have a bag. This one she did on her birthday, so now I know that she is the same age as I am. ;)

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts! Very nice that you where able to get out and do some more on the yard. I'm sure it is looking really good. We got some rain yesterday, so I'm sure that our lawn will start looking green very soon. DH was out thatching the lawn on Saturday, and will have to do some seeding after our grub problem last year. They will be treating the lawn for grubs, because we don't want those skunks in our yard looking for some treats. :D We are getting some really nice temps right now, but by the end of the week we are back to the normal temps. These warm temps always get everyone excited to do some gardening, and then have to cover their plants when the temps dip. You make me tempted to plant some veggies this year. Nice that you are able to have your hanging pots out right now to enjoy them.

Thelma, Very nice workouts! I like the sound of your hydrangea. All of mine bloom at different times, and I have ones that are new growth and on the stem growth. I had to transplant one last year, so we will see if it decides to bloom. So far I have not found a place that it likes, but now it is in full sun. ;) I went around my gardens yesterday, and it is really nice to see the crocus coming up all over. I love that those things multiply every year. Yes their life cycle is short, but it sure is nice to see after all the snow is gone. The only spring perennial that I have yet to plant are Hyacinth bulbs. I have loved those forever also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun 45 minute spin followed by Kari Anderson’s Angles, Lines and Curves II. I just love that workout.

Thelma, great workouts. I am going to have to look up how to attract hummingbirds. We did put our feeder out this weekend, but no takers yet. But we have a neighbor who has created a flower garden around her hummingbird feeder, and I am thinking about trying something similar. Do you still have your fern plant? I am thinking about getting one but don’t remember what you said about making sure it lives. Where I want it would have full, hot sun, and I am thinking that may not be the best choice. Any recommendations?

Laurie, great workout. One of the reasons I enjoy working out with Cathe so much is we are so close in age. I am sure you feel the same way about Kelly. It is both inspiring and revealing because I know both of them still push the workouts.....but they aren’t the same workouts from 20 years ago. I am just fine with both aspects, that’s for sure. Our lawn really greened up quickly with all that rain, but since our lawn care service killed it last autumn, we are still trying to get it back in shape. Few things have been more maddening to me than paying somebody to fertilize/treat the lawn and them killing it.....and being pretty stupid about how they tried to fix it. This was TruGreen, so a big company and, sadly, it wasn’t just our lawn they killed in the community. Needless to say, we are doing all our lawn maintenance now. But in these houses they planted grass that isn’t quite natural for Alabama, so it takes a lot of upkeep. But that is better than it dying at the hands of others.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Pickleball and
    Restorative yoga with Kristin McGee. We had a beautiful day today. The temps were in the low 70's and no humidity.

Laurie, awesome workout!
    I hope the hydrangea does bloom longer than others. It's small now so I don't expect it to bloom this year. I read that they prefer morning sun. We had ours in MA where they got full afternoon sun and they were always wilted at the end of the day on really hot days. We planted this one where it will get morning sun and partial shade in the afternoon.
    I love crocuses and Hyacinths too.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I sent you an email with info on hummingbirds. What your neighbor did is the right thing to do.
    We still have our fern plant. It survived the winter in he garage and DH used to take it outside on days above 40. He watered it once a week in the winter. Now that we have it back on the deck I water it every two days or so but daily when hot. Ferns are shade plants though. Ours gets indirect light all day long and a little partial sun in the late afternoon.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Fitness Ladder. I really do enjoy this one a lot, it gets the body all over. I sure did feel the boxing from yesterday in my upper back right between the shoulder blades.

Laurel, Love the workouts! Oh my on the lawn service killing your lawn. That is horrible. We have had our lawn service for over 10 years, so we are pretty comfortable with their abilities. Now the grub thing was something new that has never happened to our lawn before. Hopefully they are able to treat it so that we don't have to deal with that again. I think that you are right on the age factor and the instructors. I will probably be doing Kelly workouts for a while yet, I am really enjoying them, and they are changing my body in a way that I have not experienced in a while. She is also going to have a challenge next month and I'm planning on participating in that. From what I can tell it might go for at least 6 weeks. Something to look forward to. ;)

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! We actually had a temp of 80 yesterday. :o Of course that isn't going to last long, but it sure was nice to walk out of work and feel the warmth. Yep those hydrangea's love the morning sun, that is where most of mine are located and do really well. That plant may surprise you and bloom this year, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Metabolic Total Body with Blizzard Blast followed by Cathe’s Fit Tower Legs, Glutes and Core. Both felt really good today. I pushed the weight up on the first workout and used the suggested resistance bands on the second....and felt both tremendously.

Thelma, thank you so much for the hummingbird and fern information. I will have to re-think where I would put a fern if we get one. I think that hydrangea may surprise you. I never imagined we would get blooms the first year.....but we did. It is such a beautiful plant. Great workouts!

Laurie, I remember liking the sound of that workout when you described the format. I am glad Kelly is going to do a challenge. It is always nice to have something to look forward to and work toward. I feel like I am finally coming out of my winter malaise, and am so ready to push myself again with STS. That’s a nice feeling.....especially since I think that winter malaise lasted over a year. :#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride, Barlates Abs and ICE Metabolic Total Body.

We had another gorgeous day today. DH moved his dining room office to the deck today for the first time this season. I also sat out on the deck for a while too.

I'm happy to report that I saw my first hummingbird. DH saw it too but we only saw him once.

Laurie, that Fitness Ladder workout sounds interesting. Is it strength training? Great job!

I can't believe you had an 80 degree day! Nice!
    I hope my hydrangea surprises me with beautiful flowers this summer!

Laurel, fantastic workout combo! I am ready for STS too. I may have to rearrange the schedule to accommodate pickleball this month. The recreation center will be closed during May because they'll be re-doing the floors.

You're welcome on the hummingbird and fern info. I hope you get a visit from some hummingbirds soon. You do have to keep looking at the feeder to catch a glimpse of them.

I hope you and Laurie are right about the hydrangea surprising me with some flowers this year! I can't wait!
    I also bought a frost proof gardenia. I can't wait to smell those flowers all over our deck. This plant is a more mature plant so I will definitely get some flowers.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Real Raw #2 Cardio HiiT, tough but good workout.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workout, and pushing yourself to use heavier weights. That is probably the best thing that I'm taking away from doing these workouts. Even though Kelly is using 15's, I take a chance and use 20's. Don't know why it takes me a while to figure these things out, because you can always change your weights if they get to tough. :D Yep that is another reason that I am signing up for this challenge, it just feels like I need it. Of course with my niece getting married in June, it would probably be a good thing to not look like a puffy Aunt. :D

Thelma, Great workouts! Nice that you both could be out on the deck. I bet that is really nice working from there. Congrats on the hummingbird sighting! Hope that you have many more during the season. The Fitness Ladder workout is all weight training. Some of the exercises are using weights, and some are body weight. It is timed instead of a specific number of sets and reps, and she goes through all the exercises, reverses and then goes back up to end with the floor work. At the end you do triceps, abs, chest and ends with the up down plank push up. After all of the tricep/chest work, the planks are tough. I feel that it is one of the most complete total body workouts that I have, and it gave me some good DOMS this morning.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough spin combo from Peloton. I did a 30 minute HiiT and Hills ride into a 20 minute HiiT ride. I was thoroughly soaked at the end. After a few minutes to let my body calm down, I followed it with a 30 minute yoga session with Kristin McGee.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad to hear you saw a hummingbird. I can see our feeder from my spin cycle, and I kept checking it this morning (which was a nice diversion from the intensity I was experiencing), but still no little birds yet. I bet your DH is happy to be back outside. We are back to eating outside every night, and I just love it. I think you are very wise to shuffle STS to accommodate Pickleball! I can’t imagine doing both on the same day.

Laurie, great workout. I get so incredibly lazy during my workouts sometimes when it comes to choosing weights. Cathe’s Live classes are usually lighter than I lift (because her weights in the cardio room where she does these classes only go up to 15#), and she will say ‘If you are at home, choose heavier’.....and more times than not, I use Cathe’s weight. I do the same with too many of her DVDs.....just use her weight and not think about it. I think that is why I have had such good results with STS over the past decade.....it forces me to choose my weight! Like you, you would think after all these years I would know better. :# Hopefully this next STS rotations knocks some sense into my head. :)

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Vinyasa Flow, Pickleball and Stretching. DH and I only played pickleball for one hour but it was a sweat fest!

We haven't seen the hummingbird again! :(

Laurie, great workout! Kelly really has a nice selection of RAW workouts! That ladder workout sounds amazing and I love that you got DOMS from it too.

I hope we see more hummingbirds than we usually do this year. If I can't attract more with my flowers this year, I'll just have to accept that I will only get two or three.

Laurel, great workouts! I bet that yoga session felt really good!

How nice that you can see your feeder from your spinning bike!
    DH is definitely happy to be able to work out on the deck again.
    We usually do breakfast/brunch/lunch out on the deck. Dinner out on the deck would be amazing but the sun is hitting the deck at time and it's too much.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited April 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Cardio/Weights Tabata. Another good workout, and I was able to use a 35# barbell for most of it. I had to use 15# weights for the bicep work though. This one was olympic style lifting and then a cardio, this was done for 8 rounds and then you moved onto different moves. Apparently the new rotation starts next week, and I just saw the three week rotation for the rest of April. Going to start on Sunday, so that I have my Saturday free.

Laurel, Great job on the HiiT workouts and yoga! Looks like HiiT work was the popular one yesterday. If I have not tried the workout before, I usually use the same weights that Kelly is using if she tells us what she has. Then it becomes trial and error from that point. This morning I tried to do the bicep work with the barbell, but had to change to the 15# weights. The bar was not comfortable, but I should have picked up 20's instead of 15's. I know that I can lift 20's. :p Oh well. I'm going to look at all the workouts for next week on this new rotation, and figure out what weights I should start with.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts including your cardio pickleball. I'm sure that you will see the hummingbird's again. ;) I really do like what Kelly is putting out on her RAW channel. She made new workouts specifically for this new rotation, and one sounds like a lower body torture fest. Our garden center specifies what flowers attract hummingbirds, and I'm sure that you have gotten some of those flowers too. Mine usually attract the bumble bees, and I think they are so cute. Of course I stay super still when those guys are buzzing around.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie