Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @RAinWA You and your dh will be in my thoughts and prayers. Covid really is a terrible thing in many ways and not being able to go with dh is definitely one of them. :( {{HUGS}} to you guys and please keep us updated.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @RAinWA You and your dh will be in my thoughts and prayers. Covid really is a terrible thing in many ways and not being able to go with dh is definitely one of them. :( {{HUGS}} to you guys and please keep us updated.

Thanks Reenie! Everything went well and I'm just waiting to go get him from the hospital. I swear hospitals run on totally different time from the rest of the world.
  • ReenieHJ
    Good news and I bet your relief is profound!! Hope it was successful. You're not having an easy time of things. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    @Miss_Chiev0us_
    I cannot wrap my head around the motives behind *anyone* making you feel like *kitten* for posting about what you've gone through. You are definitely an inspiration to many and a wonderful model of how to handle bad things. If everyone could be as strong as you have shown to be......

Thank you hun 🤗 sometimes I've acted strong when I really wasn't but I'm stronger than ever now ❤

The internet can be a cruel place and I've learned a few lessons over the years. Imagine fighting for your life and also posting pictures being bald and having people disagreeing with it and laughing at you. Sure made me see how inhuman some people can be but also made me happy I'm not like that. I still stuck around and I'm happy I did because I've meet some amazing people along the way. Sometimes this place was all I had to express myself. Keeping my stories for my profile now and sharing things there instead ❤

I haven't been checking my friends' profiles out much lately; haven't been spending as much time on MFP for some reason.

BUT I just wanted to say I'm glad you've stuck around. <3

@RAinWA I swear some people lack any kind of moral code or filter of any kind. Really, who says something like that?? :(

The both of you are in my thoughts because I know life can be a challenge for you wonderful ladies.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Miss_Chiev0us_
    I cannot wrap my head around the motives behind *anyone* making you feel like *kitten* for posting about what you've gone through. You are definitely an inspiration to many and a wonderful model of how to handle bad things. If everyone could be as strong as you have shown to be......

The internet can be a cruel place and I've learned a few lessons over the years. Imagine fighting for your life and also posting pictures being bald and having people disagreeing with it and laughing at you. Sure made me see how inhuman some people can be but also made me happy I'm not like that. I still stuck around and I'm happy I did because I've meet some amazing people along the way. Sometimes this place was all I had to express myself. Keeping my stories for my profile now and sharing things there instead ❤

I can't fathom the lack of compassion and empathy it takes for someone to do this. I was going to quote @RAinWA about the people hiding behind their screens but I would have had to edit out the praying for them part because she's a much better woman than I am.

Whatever happened to the old adage "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? Or am I showing my age there?

I'm glad you had the strength to stick around. So many people would have shut down and bailed.

Nah, not better. I mostly do it for my own peace of mind - it's a way to let it go and not carry it around. And maybe it will help them. Can't hurt, might help.

This is a really good approach for me to keep in mind when I'm stewing over stuff.
    I am amazed constantly at people's lack on sensitivity and empathy. I told one of my sisters that my husband was starting radiation again because a lot of new brain tumors have shown up and she actually said "at least you'll be a young widow." And then laughed. Who says crap like that? I don't think I'll be talking to her again for a very long time.

Good Lord. That is so completely crass and appalling.

Can you get a DNA test done to verify she's actually related to you? >:)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Miss_Chiev0us_

I am amazed constantly at people's lack on sensitivity and empathy. I told one of my sisters that my husband was starting radiation again because a lot of new brain tumors have shown up and she actually said "at least you'll be a young widow." And then laughed. Who says crap like that? I don't think I'll be talking to her again for a very long time.

Like seriously WTF?!? I mean giving her the best of intentions she was trying to lift the mood, but who would ever think a wife would find that funny? I’m so sorry you got that response from a family member. It really is better sometimes to reach out to strangers.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Thanks all for understanding why that upset me. This particular sister is known for her totally inappropriate comments and lack of filters. Usually I can laugh it off but this was so totally awful especially since she lost her husband three years ago and I expected a little more empathy from her.

The idea of getting a DNA test made me laugh. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure she's related.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    stljam wrote: »
    Part of me wishes I never would have found this thread and another part of me is glad that I did read the last few pages.

@KickassAmazon76, @KosmosKitten, @ReenieHJ, @Miss_Chiev0us, @jjpptt2, @_sw33tpp3a_11 please know that you are in our thoughts.

Just seeing this now. A part of me always wishes I didn't share so much in here, although I choose to not share much in here anymore I'm hoping that maybe some of the things I've shared can inspire others and make them see how precious life is. As for the few others in these forums that's made me feel like *kitten* about sharing it, I hope they never have to go through what I've been through.

I wasn't trying to make you feel like *kitten* for sharing. Ugh. Sorry.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Thanks all for understanding why that upset me. This particular sister is known for her totally inappropriate comments and lack of filters. Usually I can laugh it off but this was so totally awful especially since she lost her husband three years ago and I expected a little more empathy from her.

The idea of getting a DNA test made me laugh. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure she's related.

As we like to say, you get to choose your friends, not your family and often our friends act more like family than our actual family.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Part of me wishes I never would have found this thread and another part of me is glad that I did read the last few pages.

@KickassAmazon76, @KosmosKitten, @ReenieHJ, @Miss_Chiev0us, @jjpptt2, @_sw33tpp3a_11 please know that you are in our thoughts.

Just seeing this now. A part of me always wishes I didn't share so much in here, although I choose to not share much in here anymore I'm hoping that maybe some of the things I've shared can inspire others and make them see how precious life is. As for the few others in these forums that's made me feel like *kitten* about sharing it, I hope they never have to go through what I've been through.

I wasn't trying to make you feel like *kitten* for sharing. Ugh. Sorry.

Oh my gosh, not at all! I'm sorry you understood it that way. It wasn't aimed at you ❤ I was just speaking of past experiences. I appreciated your kind words 😊
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Miss_Chiev0us_

I can't fathom the lack of compassion and empathy it takes for someone to do this. I was going to quote @RAinWA about the people hiding behind their screens but I would have had to edit out the praying for them part because she's a much better woman than I am.

Whatever happened to the old adage "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? Or am I showing my age there?

I'm glad you had the strength to stick around. So many people would have shut down and bailed.

Nah, not better. I mostly do it for my own peace of mind - it's a way to let it go and not carry it around. And maybe it will help them. Can't hurt, might help.

:| WTF is wrong with people? I wouldn't be talking to her... ever (assuming I can avoid it). Holy yikes.