P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, just wanted to quickly jump in with my thoughts on a few questions I've seen mentioned.

Yoga - I noticed someone mention (apologies for missing people's names here, it's really just a quick post) that they only managed 45 minutes of Yoga. That period between 45 and 50 minutes is the hardest bit! If you push through for just 5 more minutes, you get those magical words "Last Vinyasa" and it switches at 50 minutes to static poses which is a massively welcome release.

Skipping rest day and starting week 2 on Monday - I think it was Hockeydad who mentioned this. I'd recommend sticking with the program. If you need to keep going, there's the option of X Stretch on day 7, or have a day off and do nothing. Of course everyone's journey will be different so I certainly won't prescribe what 'should' and 'shouldn't' be done here...

Good protein filled recipe ideas - Check this badboy that I've been getting down me:

Jay's protein packed honey nut yoghurt.

500g natural yoghurt (Greek for extra protein)
    160g peanut butter
    100g brazil nuts
    100g almonds
    35g honey
    3 scoops whey protein powder (I use Gold Standard cookies and cream because that's what I have)

Zizz it all up in the blender to make 9-10 servings. Each serving has the following stats:

338 cals
    12g carbs (from the honey. The natural sugars act as a transporter to get the protein to your muscles)
    23g fat (good fats from the nuts)
    20g protein

Good to eat post workout, for breakfast, as a snack or before bed to give you protein release through the night - although if you're going to eat it primarily as a bedtime snack, I'd swap out the whey for casein for better slow release while you sleep.

Cheers

Jay
  • yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Week 11!!!

Just finished Chest and Back. And my arms feel like jelly! Upper body is my weak point so it feels good to really bring it and push myself. I know that with every push up and pull up my upper body is getting stronger! I've never been able to do a pull up, and right now i'm doing all my pull ups using a chair. Hopefully by the end of this round I'll be able to do at least one reverse grip pull up (the easiest ones for me). If not i still have all of round 2 to improve! :)

Don't have time for ARX right now, but i'm going to do it tonight once I get home from a football game with the family. yay abs!

I can't believe it's week 11 for me this seems to have gone by so quickly! I'm getting more excited every day though for my workouts and reading all of you guy's posts is so motivating for me. I'm really proud all of you are so dedicated and working hard every day! It pushes me to go just as hard.

Keep pushing play everybody and BRING IT! we can do this!

- Jazzy
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Day 6 in the books! Congrats to everyone who pushed play today

To all my neighbors o the south. - my prayers are with you and have been with you all day. 10 years ago our world changed and today we remember all those lost.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall! :)

Happy sunday to everyone! E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

Day 6 in the books! Kempo X. I was not really feeling the workout when I pushed play at 9 am, but by the time the kicks started, was totally in the mood. For some reason, I love the claw drag punches! Fun!

I also played football this morning until around 12:30... So I got a really great calorie burn in today! Feeling kinda sore now though!

Jaybone... I love that recipe man! I can't wait to try it!

One thing I would like to say about rest days is this... I don't take them. I don't think there is anything wrong with rest days AT ALL. Like Tony always says... "If you need a rest, take it". For me, however, I feel like a rest day is a wasted opportunity to get more burn in. I usually do a different workout on the 7th day in the program. Tomorrow it will be asylum game day...

have a great evening yall... I hope next weekend comes in a flash!
    Drew
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    One thing I would like to say about rest days is this... I don't take them. I don't think there is anything wrong with rest days AT ALL. Like Tony always says... "If you need a rest, take it".

Love this. If you need it, take it guys. If you want more than a stretch, do a workout of your choice! Just keep bringing it! ;)

Jay
  • cjcooper04
    cjcooper04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hockeydad... I started P90X on Monday so that my rest day would be Sunday... I think most of the people in this group have Monday as a rest day... I have never done P90X before but I definitely wouldn't want to workout Saturday and Sunday....

Jazzy... GREAT JOB... Week 11! I can't wait to say I am through with week 2 let alone week 11... Congrats! If you don't mind my asking... have you lost weight with P90X or has it mostly been toning and muscle building?

Happy today is my rest day! Excited for week 2... feeling stiff and sore still but it shows the hard work I have done for 6 days.

Good luck everyone with Kenpo today!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Day 13...done! Had a stupid headache all throughout the day and was hoping it would dissapear, but no. I worked through it though and brought as much as I could. Wasn't feeling it as much today due to the headache and a lot of negativity in my life, but I just pretended I was punching and kicking certain people during kenpo...seemed to help a little. Wanted to say good job to everyone who is pushing through, day 13, day 6, or whatever day you happen to be on. Keep it up!
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I completed Kenpo today....enjoyed the cardio, which is right up my alley, after Kenpo I went on a 2 1/2 mile run with my son which was awesome. Thankful for a rest day tomorrow, but I am planning on a 6 mile run.

Hopefully everyone made it through the weekend workouts.....Nikki, I always feel much better after a workout and Kenpo is just the ticket to work out any fustration....hopefully your day got better.:flowerforyou:

Have a great week everyone!

~Ro
  • yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    cjcooper04- yeah i have! i've lost about 19 lbs since i started, i've been doing p90x plus eating a lot healthier and watching my calories. maybe a month ago i started adding in extra cardio to my workout as well because i hit a plateau. i've been doing the lean version of the program so that could be why i'm losing more weight then toning. after this round though i'm going to start on the classic version so buffness here i come! (hopefully lol)
  • cjcooper04
    cjcooper04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yeehawww- That's great!!! I worried that P90X might be better for men and not help with wanting to trim down... congratulations!

I am not following the exact menu plan but eating 1600 calories each day and not eating back any of my exercise calories... I have gained 2 lbs in a week! (HATE that!) but I knew it was going to happen... I am not big into exercise so I think I will cut my calories a little more if I don't lose anything this month... but I am still hopeful to lose a little in weeks 2, 3, and 4!
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and I am so excited about it. I am on week 2 of Doubles. This is my second round of P90X and I'm hoping that this round is just as awesome as the first. BRING IT!!!
  • gullettgirl
    gullettgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation. I'm now ready to start Day 1 Week
    1 this evening!!!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Day 15 Chest & Back / Ab Ripper X done early this morning. I had a really bad nutrition weekend...Beer, barbecue, desserts, Thai food... And I skipped X Stretch yesterday... Shame on me.

Back on track today, loading up on the protein for weeks 3 and 4, and then switch to 40/40/20 which should be a little easier to sustain.

Also, heading for my first recovery week next week. Looking forward to seeing what that's all about.

Hope everyone is doing great!

-Mike
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k yesterday, so I did Legs and Back and Ab ripper this morning! Wow am I feeling every muscle in my body today!
  • perceyhearts
    Options
    My weekend was just like MIKE523. It was badddd. Totally skipped my workout yesterday too..because I went to have fun with my friends floating and honestly didnt have time to get a workout in. So im not feeling so great right now. I think since im so close to goal, I dont try as hard as I did when I first started working out. I dont even want to have that mindset at all. Sooo my plan today is to do DOUBLES. i'm actually doing Day 12 and 13 Legs & Back and Kenpo. I have the time today to do it.. so I might as well BRING IT!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Mike and Percey.... I respect your honesty. that's what I love so much about this group, we keep it real. Kudos to you both for hopping right back into things!

Gullet... Welcome Back! Let;s go!!!! Time to bring it! :) let us know how you are doing! Push Play EVERY DAY!

msaap.... Welcome on board! It's awesome to have an experienced p90x graduate in this group! Doubles Rock!

CJ... Don't cut your calories too much... Just keep your carb and fat intake low and BRING IT on your workouts. You are already doing a great job. Time to push it!!! Find your limits and pass them! You can do it!

Wendy... It seems like you and I are always thinking the same thing, at least as far as pain is concerned. My thighs and glutes are SCREAMING! I kinda dig it! You rock... thanks for going so hard, you make me wanna work harder all the time!

Keep Bringin it yall.... Do your best and ________ ____ ______.
    Drew:smile:
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Ok... DAY 7!!!!!!!!! ONE WEEK IN YALL! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Way to go yall! I feel motivated and invigorated today!

Today was supposed to be rest day, but I went ahead and did game day asylum in between school and work. I was "bringin it" so hard that I was literally screaming towards the end (mountain climbers are a beast). My roommate must have been wondering if i was getting mugged or something. I worked as I possibly could. Definitely laying in a jumbled heap of sweat and tears when I was done. Felt Great! BOOM!

One week down yall... 7.7% complete. WE CAN DO THIS. NO PROBLEM!
    Have a great evening!
    I believe...
    Drew
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Diet back on track today... about 2300 calories of good healthy whole foods, lots of veggies, chicken, eggs and egg whites, greek yogurt, etc. I feel much better when I eat this way.

Luckily, the only thing I skipped was X Stretch, which is optional on rest day anyway. Rocked Chest & Back this morning, and ready to rock Plyo in the morning!

Have a great night everyone!

-Mike
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey all- Hope everyone had a great Monday!

Just wanted to check in and say that I completed the Chest and back routine with Ab Ripper X, I am getting little better at the assisted pullups and pushups. Have to say this is the first time I have exercised 8 days in a row (counting the X Stretch). Hope everyone is on track, if you have fallen off, pick it up again this week as its a new day and week :)

G'nite!
  • unowhoandwhy
    Options
    I am starting P90X on the 19th & really looking forward to it! I've been doing the original Power 90 to get my body as prepared as it can be for X. Glad to see a bunch of other people here have done it/are doing it.