<3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙂
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh when I saw this ... and added ...

When I hit about 27 or so, my writers became way too fond of the "surprise twist"!

rkkkkptw532v.png

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Watching the local news and having a cup.of tea..Dan took my car overnight and he will be here midmorning so that i can get the car back
    Got my pills set for the.next.week..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

On my second cup of coffee. Some day, an unwary doctor is going to tell me I need to stop drinking coffee, and it's not going to be pretty.

Speaking of doctors, have been reading up on the SIBO that has put a crimp in my style for nearly two years now, and my experience with it has been pretty much the norm. I was lucky, honestly, that I ran into a VA doctor who keeps up on the studies and the literature.

Also eating a few bites of rice for breakfast - with sweetener and almond milk. Brings back some of the better memories of my childhood. In my memory, we never ate rice for dinner, but my mother often fed it to us kids for breakfast, and we loved it. We never had cold cereals for breakfast, probably couldn't afford them, but often had oatmeal or cream of wheat or rice. When we had cooked eggs, my sister would only eat the yolks, and I only wanted the egg whites, so that worked out OK.

Of course, now I'm eating jasmine rice with almond milk and Splenda--but the memories didn't change.

Time to go change the laundry over, empty the dishwasher and put everything away, and then get outside and get some vinca dug up and potted for sale tomorrow. Before I go dig stuff up, want to do a run through the house to see what can be taken to sell at the farmers' market tomorrow. My herbs are ALMOST to the point where they're ready to sell - and the catnip absolutely is ready, but most of the others need a little more growing time.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Did a good tranche of memoir editing this morning. I'm currently writing about my intense religious phase in my early teens. I was going to be a missionary. :p

I had a revelation of a different sort this afternoon. Most of you know that I like to do my bonus afternoon exercise while listening to a foreign language series, or film. I'm very near to finishing my current ones (for the second time) and have been scouting out some likely suspects. One I found was dubbed into English, so I gave up on it. Today I was reading a review of Lupin and it said that Netflix automatically shows the dubbed version. (Call My Agent is in the original French for some reason). If it's automatic, it means you can change it! So, I found Lupin and found how to change it back to the original French with English subtitles. Then I went back to the film I had previously ditched and managed to change that one as well! Hooray!

I hate it when I come to the end of a box set. Bereft. :'( Hence I've watched them through twice. :/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I have missed yoga. I’m set to go today! Yay! 8 am. :ohwell: :star:

Penny still at the pole: Is “down south” the location where you will be living? It seems like a grand adventure, but not easy for you be leaving “the pole.” I know you love it there. :heart:

Lisa: Coffee is health food—unless you are sensitive to caffeine. I’ve never been a fan of decaf, likely because my parents raised me with a morning cup of coffee with added canned milk and a teaspoon of sugar. Now I drink coffee black, and don’t use real sugar anymore. I use stevia to sweeten my coffee. It isn’t the same sort of sweet as sugar, but I’ve come to like it and it doesn’t add calories. :flowerforyou: Enjoy your time at the farmer’s market. :smiley:

I have yoga class today. I hope to be there on time. It has been months since I was able to go to yoga. I called and confirmed that yoga starts at 10am. YAYYY!

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    The boys and I are watching a PBS cooking show, well I am watching ,they are snoozing lol
    Beautiful day out today and will go take the garbage out ,i end up waiting and taking a bunch of garbage out at once ,easier for me..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Michele--I agree I enjoy looking at the old pictures and seeing the styles. I also find it interesting to walk at look at grave stones. Some are so interesting. When we are geocaching we go to a lot of old cemeteries and learn a lot. I like your turtle, it has sass!

Lisa--So happy for your son. Sounds like he has found his place. I keep telling myself even when fitbit doesn't count it my body knows.

Katla--Hope your yoga class was everything you missed and more.

Been working on the next schedule for work and if no one else quits I will be back to 40-42 hours a week. It has been over a year and am so looking forward to it. I am off this weekend and other then church Sunday morning have no real plans. I am so excited.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

My husband is looking forward to when his hours are cut back to the old pre-Covid time when they lifted restrictions for retirees. Before if he went over 63hrs a month, they could take his pension for the month. Now, he can work as many hours as he wants, working 38 this week along, plus, for four months they are now paying "hazard pay"- an extra $5 an hour so he will work all he can for these four months(it just started in April I think) but he is really looking forward to working just 12-15 hrs a week again. He isn't complaining about the extra money that has been going in the savings accounts. One is four times what he used to try and keep it at. It wouldn't be so hard on him if he would go to bed at a decent time/get more sleep, but that is on him.

Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    I trimmed little Teddy boo. Got a good clip on his back and tail. Tomorrow - his nails!

I mailed my taxes yesterday, now I have to remember what tasks I put off until after taxes. 🐝🌞

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    00aunfb0ects.jpg
    My nephew and his wife. Looks so much like my middle or eldest son.
    ixg6rna7o40x.jpg
    Eldest son
    gn9xaapc29nd.jpg
    Middle son
    wuhqk3837i4i.jpeg

Family is family, and there aint no denying it!
    Today is leftover chili, some corn chips, rice and pinto beans fiesta cup, cheese and sour cream. One of my favorite meals. A taco bell mish mash of flavors.
    Then making some banana bread mini loaves.
    Hugs Rebecca