Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Write just 1 tip which triggered your weight loss.

Replies

• LatrellisLatrellis Member Posts: 56 Member Member Posts: 56 Member
    When I found out my A1C was actually 6.0, scared me into finally starting to lose weight.
  • jenwiifitjenwiifit Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    I reckon cutting out alcohol or reducing considerably is going to help me
  • jenwiifitjenwiifit Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    And recording what I eat
  • dethstar77dethstar77 Member Posts: 1,077 Member Member Posts: 1,077 Member
    Portion control
  • meeppeepneepmeeppeepneep Member Posts: 56 Member Member Posts: 56 Member
    Not skipping every meal and then eating an entire pizza for dinner.
  • meezfinemeezfine Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    Like others, i went full keto, which essential eliminates carbs from your diet. Unfortunately, going keto is an unpleasant process both mentally and physically. Thankfully, you can achieve similar goals by counting and reducing calories with higher carb intake than keto.
    edited May 15
  • Get_Back_To_Feeling_GoodGet_Back_To_Feeling_Good Member Posts: 497 Member Member Posts: 497 Member
    iI stopped drinking my calories away!
  • mjglantzmjglantz Member Posts: 265 Member Member Posts: 265 Member
    Tracking my food AND then staying within the recommended range more days than not.
  • xrj22xrj22 Member, Premium Posts: 66 Member Member, Premium Posts: 66 Member
    Finding out my cholesterol was 246. I had been yo-yoing and and wanting to loose for a long time, but never really sticking with it. Seeing that number made me quit lying to myself that I was OK, and made me get serious. The things that made me actually loose the weight was sticking to vegan, and almost completely giving up junk food snacks.
  • rlf27rlf27 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Just having diabetes is enough to say I want to live a healthy life, I work in the medical field and see what the out come of diabetes is and it is ugly and painful.