Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Write just 1 tip which triggered your weight loss.

Replies

• JennliftsandspinsJennliftsandspins Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    I was always a size 6-8 and in the past 7 years went to a 10. I figured this was just “normal” for me now in my late 40s. When the 10s started getting muffin-top I said no way am I going to a 12. This was a year ago. I’m now back into 6-8.

I always exercised but realized I’d been really not going as intensely as I could be. Yoga as my main activity wasn’t cutting it any more to keep me toned. I added in weights and upped my cardio intensity. Got a Fitbit Versa 2 to help track my active zone intensity daily.

I ate fairly healthy but portion control was an issue and too many treats. Tracking my food everyday has made a difference. I did Noom for a year and have now made the switch to MFP.
  • ctubd1ctubd1 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Every day 10K steps minimum
  • rachna5186rachna5186 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I cut sugar and bread from my diet.
  • JenT304JenT304 Member Posts: 780 Member Member Posts: 780 Member
    Knowing I've got a sorority reunion coming up in October. I want to look my best when I see my sisters after 35 years.
  • ridiculous59ridiculous59 Member Posts: 2,037 Member Member Posts: 2,037 Member
    acs137 wrote: »
    Focusing on enjoying exercise instead of the calories burned.
    I’ve seen a lot more progress with yoga every day and running 3x a week than when I tried to force myself to do HIIT 5x a week

I was just reading comments on another forum about people's exercise "regime" and my first thought was that none of it sounded like fun. I do something every day (what I do depends on the season or the weather). I sweat. My heart rate gets up. But I enjoy the process. I spent years going to the gym but it always felt like a "necessary evil". I never looked forward to going......I just went (I enjoyed the results though, so there is that). I don't even consider what I do "exercise" but I hadn't noticed that change in my approach till you mentioned it. Thanks! 🙂
  • bwilliams0310bwilliams0310 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I started watching my carb intake and honestly tracking everything I eat. That’s what help me .
  • n95girln95girl Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    healthy keto with heaps of green vegies. I have lost 44kg from eating a healthy ketogenic diet. I have kept it all off over the last 2 years. I still do keto and my new goal is ketosis 365days of the year this year. I need to get down one more dress size. (size 8)
    edited February 15
  • YoungfrankensteinYoungfrankenstein Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    It was a combination of finally being treated for anxiety after a decade and my surgeon telling me I'd be happier with my proportions if I lost a little weight before my breast reduction surgery.
  • Jleinwand1Jleinwand1 Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    Eating only a few bites if anything, after 5 PM.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Member Posts: 1,113 Member Member Posts: 1,113 Member
    I quit drinking sugar soda and buying large bags of gummy bears - that was what started my weight loss.
  • speyerjspeyerj Member Posts: 1,086 Member Member Posts: 1,086 Member
    The thing that got me committed to losing weight was nerve pain shooting down my leg which was caused by excess weight. The thing that really helped me maintain a 1000 calorie deficit a day for 10 + months was upping my protein to at least 100 g a day and and limiting my carbs to 100 net grams. Those guardrails helped me stay on track. After losing the bulk of the weight and increasing my exercise, I relaxed the deficit and the carb limits, but still find that a balanced blend of macros (30/35/35) keeps me feeling satiated even in maintenance.