GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    I am excited to say that (knock on wood) the gyms here will re-open this wednesday...FINALY!

Yes!! That is so awesome!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    I am excited to say that (knock on wood) the gyms here will re-open this wednesday...FINALY!

Where are you at? Our gyms, here in Missouri, have been open for many months, with a mandatory mask rule. The mask rule was lifted/suspended last Friday (May 14th).
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »

Where are you at? Our gyms, here in Missouri, have been open for many months, with a mandatory mask rule. The mask rule was lifted/suspended last Friday (May 14th).

I live in Netherlands
    All inside sports were cancelled since december and will re-open this week.
    Inside sports with appointment only, no masks though, just cleaning machines/equipment after use

Yes!! That is so awesome!

Yes it is, i might even post a lifting gif to celebrate.
    Already scheduled a 2 hour sessions for wednesday and another hour for saturday morning.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Idk what's wrong with me. I'm so frustrated. I can't squat. Uggg. Changed up the whole routine after totally bailing on my squats. 9ux9bm24yv0g.jpg
    I'm not sure what to do anymore. It's like I'm going backwards.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Idk what's wrong with me. I'm so frustrated. I can't squat. Uggg. Changed up the whole routine after totally bailing on my squats. 9ux9bm24yv0g.jpg
    I'm not sure what to do anymore. It's like I'm going backwards.

Training is nothing if not humbling. Keep at it and don’t overthink it, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Sorry i haven't been around much. Finally starting to feel right post surgery. Hope all are doing well. Keep up the good work.
  • KickassAmazon76
    stljam wrote: »
    Sorry i haven't been around much. Finally starting to feel right post surgery. Hope all are doing well. Keep up the good work.

So nice to see you back and to hear you are recovering!! ❤️
    @steveko89 awesome job!
    Just keep adding little weights and in a few weeks the 400 will be light as well (say's the guy that can't even lift 200)
  • steveko89
    @steveko89 awesome job!
    Just keep adding little weights and in a few weeks the 400 will be light as well (say's the guy that can't even lift 200)

I hit 385 on Saturday, if I'd had more time this morning I'd have gone for 385 or 390 again but if I'm being honest I didn't really have enough time to properly work up to a single this morning before work. I've also not been putting in enough heavy work on DL or Squat to really expect PRs. The extra 1/2 scoop or preworkout I took wasn't enough to spackle over all my training and recovery sins.
    steveko89 wrote: »
    @steveko89 awesome job!

I hit 385 on Saturday, if I'd had more time this morning I'd have gone for 385 or 390 again but if I'm being honest I didn't really have enough time to properly work up to a single this morning before work. I've also not been putting in enough heavy work on DL or Squat to really expect PRs. The extra 1/2 scoop or preworkout I took wasn't enough to spackle over all my training and recovery sins.

Well i am still impressed with this, i hope one day to be where you are now
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    c41utseae3pj.gif

375lbs this morning. This felt really smooth so I went for 400, which would’ve matched a lifetime PR, but couldn’t get it passed my shins. Debating if I keep this for my entry to the garage gym comp or make another run at it. Should’ve moved the bench for better lighting too. Probably should’ve punted anyway as our son kept waking up late last night.

That 375 looked solid! Great work! Honestly I think you can hit that 400 with a little more time to set up and a good nights rest. For your competition does it need to be a fluid movement or can you go "continental?" Good luck if you attempt the 400 for the comp!

Side note- Super jealous of your set up. Someday I'll get my wife talked into letting me set up a home gym-- until then I'll just be jealous of everyone elses!
  • ryan_powerlifter
    ryan_powerlifter Posts: 115 Member
    5x6ieke39iu6.gif

So after being pouty about it at my desk all day, I came home, changed, chalked up, loaded up my favorite bar and worked up 155, 225, 295, 365, 395 and got 400 for the first time since 12/7/18.

Appreciate all the kind words from everyone on my earlier post.

Solid pull man!
  • steveko89
    dsc84 wrote: »
    For your competition does it need to be a fluid movement or can you go "continental?" Good luck if you attempt the 400 for the comp!!

As far as the competition goes, it’s pretty unofficial but basically generic powerlifting rules. No equipment or form limitations, essentially just needs to “look like a proper squat, bench and/or deadlift. It’s a fun event to follow each year on IG and the prizes and sponsors have really grown in the three years I’ve known about it (4th overall if memory serves). Any lift of any weight gets you entered into a raffle for the majority of the prizes. There are some awards for top competitors but most of what they give away comes from the open raffle.
  • KickassAmazon76
    5x6ieke39iu6.gif

So after being pouty about it at my desk all day, I came home, changed, chalked up, loaded up my favorite bar and worked up 155, 225, 295, 365, 395 and got 400 for the first time since 12/7/18.

Appreciate all the kind words from everyone on my earlier post.

This is incredible! Way to push through, way to know what you are capable of, and way to not give up!!! Good luck on your virtual comp.

As for the weight... Dayum, you make it look pretty freaking light!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Twerking practice

avxapt71l77l.gif

haha! Awesome practice and great contribution! :smiley: