WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Barbie ... Thank you for another month!

Jodi ... Welcome!

While I had thought May was a complete bust, the scale was down two pounds this morning. My goal is to be more intentional with my food choices. Taking Tracey's cue, I subbed out chips with carrots today for my afternoon snack. Still using my favorite dip, but know that the potato chips, not the dip have been the problem. I will still be following my IF lifestyle of fasting 19-20 hours with a 4-5 hour window, but to make certain my choices make sense, I'm going to track calories for a week or so. Gives me a better idea of where I need to make changes. Having said that, I don't anticipate my calories to drop below 1500.

Got through yesterday's picnic ok, but we didn't stay long. Turned out those in attendance were good friends and once the awkwardness of seeing us for the first time since our son's death had passed, I saw they were all able to lighten up a bit.

It's another beautiful day, but rain is in the forecast, so I'm going to mow the lawn here in a bit.

Beth near Buffalo
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Evelyn - "I need something to keep me out of the kitchen in the evening"! - Isn't that the truth, I don't know why I get so munchy in the evenings except boredom.

Off for my busy day, will check in later.

Tracey

I am a boredom eater too. I need to give away a bunch of the baked goods to make room. They are in the freezer so I don't eat them on my boredom binges.

Rori-So sorry for your loss.

We had a little tribute to my friend who passed away over this weekend. It gave me some closure.

Now, if I could only get some closure on all my other issues.

Happy June to all.

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Glad it all went off ok. Good that you gave your dad a good send off. <3 In time your mum might have to reconsider her lifestyle, but she needs time right now. <3 You are doing a great job.

My WhatsApp video with the Mexican guy went well. We shared the time to speak English and Spanish. I don’t feel he is the most interesting person, but I so rarely get the chance to speak any Spanish at all as the grandkids are reluctant. (They go to a bilingual school) I listened to a couple of videos during the day to get my ear in and sorted out a bit of vocab. I'm less rusty than I thought. :D
    Strange to be able to video chat to a stranger on the other side of the world!!! A miracle!

Having my hair trimmed tomorrow afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well I booked ,my hotel,flight and car rental for Nashville in October ,14th -19th ,it will be wonderful to see family ,my aunt is 90 this is the second till last grandchild to get married at least from that family..,last wedding i went to took my dad and we had a blast.. im sure ill do the same this time too
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump DVD today then went for my walk. Leaving tomorrow to go see Denise so no formal exercise. Since we’ll be up there, no formal exercise planned for Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, or next Mon.

pip – is it very humid where you are? I remember one time it was 102 here in NC, I was convinced we were going to die. But it really wasn’t bad at all because it’s not humid.

Barbie – yea you’ll get to teach again

Jodi – welcome! The name of the thread may be “Women 50+” but that certainly doesn’t exclude someone who is 50! We’re glad you’re here

Evelyn – if you come up with something to keep you out of the kitchen, let me know what it is. I need it BADLY

Rebecca – Love, love, love those pics of Athena. Keep them coming

Walking: lately my morning walk has been my aerobic walk, mainly because it isn’t real hot. My evening walk (if I take it) is usually the leisurely walk

Janetr – glad to see ya! It’s been way too long

Debbie – what a wonderful daughter you are!

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Great to hear from you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Janetr- we have missed you
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD today then went for my walk. Leaving tomorrow to go see Denise so no formal exercise. Since we’ll be up there, no formal exercise planned for Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, or next Mon.

pip – is it very humid where you are? I remember one time it was 102 here in NC, I was convinced we were going to die. But it really wasn’t bad at all because it’s not humid.

Barbie – yea you’ll get to teach again

Jodi – welcome! The name of the thread may be “Women 50+” but that certainly doesn’t exclude someone who is 50! We’re glad you’re here

Evelyn – if you come up with something to keep you out of the kitchen, let me know what it is. I need it BADLY

Rebecca – Love, love, love those pics of Athena. Keep them coming

Walking: lately my morning walk has been my aerobic walk, mainly because it isn’t real hot. My evening walk (if I take it) is usually the leisurely walk

Janetr – glad to see ya! It’s been way too long

Debbie – what a wonderful daughter you are!

Michele NC

We are in the Central Valley in CA, it’s dry heat
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    RORI, dear, dear friend, I'm so saddened to hear your news. Sending much love, hugs and positive thoughts for you.

Janetr OKC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Did my dumbbells again. I tried some reverse lunges at the end. My form was so wobbly I only did five each side. I really need to work on that. Quad and glute strength.

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • jodiodi01
    jodiodi01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great welcome! I appreciate that. ❤️
    I got back to the gym today after about a year and it felt good. I did better than expected! 30 min/6 miles on the bike, then 30 minutes of legs/abs. I’m sure I’ll feel it in the morning, we will see!

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday! 😊
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    ✳️✳️ ACCOUNTABILITY ✳️✳️

✔️Day 7: Monday, May 31st, NO BINGE‼️

—Ginger-in-Texas
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Katla ... your husband fell and hit his head? Hope he’s ok!

Beth
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Pip – I don’t mind dry heat, either.

Janetr – boy, you sure have a lot on your plate!

Anne DE – Ever since I fractured by foot, the doctor has told me to avoid lunges since they put strain on that bone and it’s already fragile. What I’ve been doing is not being on my toes but more the ball of my foot. I hope this is OK

Went for a walk in the neighborhood next to ours. I thought it was one big loop like ours, only it’s not. I thought for sure I got more steps in than the pedometer says I did. Especially since I took a walk this morning.

Not sure when Vince plans to load the car. Won’t get in many steps and no formal exercise tomorrow. Poor Denise sounds so overwhelmed with PJ and the fact that Pete is gone for days at a time at work probably doesn’t help much. If she lived closer, I could help more. But she doesn’t.

Michele in NC