What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Vegetarian Jambalaya from the freezer & salad.

jou4bv1sj58a.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited June 2021
    Red wine & cheese sausage made in house from the newer butcher shop here. Sides of great northern beans and brown rice. The sausage was a little on the salty side but otherwise pretty good.

db0m56w1dfxp.jpeg

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Layered salad
    - first layer pickled beetroot
    - second layer mozzarella grated
    - third layer fried onion
    - fourth layer boiled chicken breast with cream cheese
    - fifth layer boiled eggs with mayo, pineapple and olives
    r4nzgyfid8pd.jpg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Beef sliders w/goat cheese and tomato in lettuce leaves. Fried potatoes and slaw.

7pdb9qitj9nw.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Cantonese takeaway.
    emn2asc2s9ln.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Courgette Flatbread that I made yesterday topped with Skyr & Caribbean spiced roasted vegetables.

hv7s4euzhptd.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Beef estouffade aux olives pulled out of the freezer, roast courgette, rice.
    su9zne6x58nm.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited June 2021
    @corinasue1143 Thanks. I buy quality ingredients and make simple things most of the time. I often take advantage of pre-washed/pre-cut vegetables. Saves a lot of time. Most more elaborate dishes would be too caloric for us on a regular basis.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Courgette Flatbread that I made yesterday topped with Skyr & Caribbean spiced roasted vegetables.

hv7s4euzhptd.jpeg

@BarbaraHelen2013 looks delish! Would you mind sharing the recipe for the Courgette Flatbread?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    widgit808 wrote: »

@BarbaraHelen2013 looks delish! Would you mind sharing the recipe for the Courgette Flatbread?

https://www.powerhungry.com/2018/06/4-ingredient-zucchini-skillet-flatbreads-grain-free-vegan/#content

I’ve made a number of different veg based flatbreads from her site and they’ve all been great.
    The calorie count worked out at 82 cals per flatbread for me since I got 10 out of the batter. 😊
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Those sound good and easy. I don’t have any chickpea flour, but I assume it’s easy to find?
    May try these soon.
  • acpgee
    Those sound good and easy. I don’t have any chickpea flour, but I assume it’s easy to find?
    May try these soon.

It's also known as besan flour. If your regular supermarket doesn't have it, an Indian grocer or health food store will have it. Naturally it will be cheaper at the Indian grocer.
  • acpgee
    It's been crazy busy at work so have only been doing quick and easy meal on weeknights. Copycat air fryer KFC thighs, copycat mac and cheese, over roasted frozen asparagus.
    9131bnbb6w44.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    acpgee wrote: »
    May try these soon.

It's also known as besan flour. If your regular supermarket doesn't have it, an Indian grocer or health food store will have it. Naturally it will be cheaper at the Indian grocer.

You may also see it as ‘Gram Flour’. It’s all the same stuff - I’ve been using it for a long time and I don’t know what I’d do without it!