WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I completely understand! I am still fighting the same fight. We will get through this!
    Julie- You do sound much better!

Hugs to all!

This is a journey. There are mountains and valleys. With support we can have an easier trip. I love the support and camaraderie of this group.

Thank you all!

Kylia in wet Ohio
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »

Janetr-sorry to hear about Jack's brother (I've lost his relationship). It sounds like a very serious situation.

Ginny in Ohio

Ginny, I'm sorry for the confusion. Jack is my husband, so his brother is my brother-in-law. I call my sweet mother-in-law, Mama S. Hope that helps rather than muddy it further.

Janetr OKC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Happy World Bicycle Day
    https://www.un.org/en/observances/bicycle-day

"Why celebrate the bicycle?
    Regular physical activity of moderate intensity – such as walking, cycling, or doing sports – has significant benefits for health. At all ages, the benefits of being physically active outweigh potential harm, for example through accidents. Some physical activity is better than none. By becoming more active throughout the day in relatively simple ways, people can quite easily achieve the recommended activity levels."

This week has been a wonky one with a house inspection (and the cleaning required for that), pilates, an all-day meeting at work yesterday, and my cycling club's AGM yesterday.

But I'm climbing stairs, walking, and then there was that pilates session which focused heavily on abs.

Machka in Oz
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    jodiodi01 wrote: »
    I’d love to join this group. I will be 50 in October, hope that’s ok. If not let me know. This is probably my 3rd time on MFP, hoping to stick with it this time. I have about 50 lbs I’d like to lose. I was doing great before covid when my gym shut down, I kept working out at home and eventually lost my motivation so gained some weight back unfortunately. I start back at the gym today, kinda nervous, feels like I’m starting completely over.
    Hope everyone has a great day!

Jodi
    AZ

Welcome Jodi! I'm fairly new to this group as well and also from AZ. I am in the 50 pound hope to lose club. I've been up and down for years. Covid and hubby's health allowed me to get out of control. Ready to be more comfortable in my skin.
    Kris in AZ
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I have a banger of a headache this morning,so laying low.. ,will take Fan to work at 1 and then go over anď let Homer outside then back again..supposed to go out to dinner with our little group..
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Heather a hair short is not so bad, in a week or two it'll be just right.
    a good cut and hairdresser is a boon and a pleasure.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    good start today in daily routine: speed walk, meditation outside, cleaning... to be continued.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    2021 Monthly June
    Walking/Running Distance (km): 7.3
    Walking/Running Time (min): 90.8
    Cycling Distance (km): 0.0
    Cycling Time (min): 0.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Number: 90.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Time (min): 64.8
    Rowing Distance (km): 0.0
    Rowing Time (min): 0.0
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Pilates Time: 30.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 7.3
    Total Distance (miles): 4.5
    Total Time (min): 185.6
    Total Time (hr): 3:05:33

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday!
    Rori- So sorry to hear of your Bruce's passing. Much love and hugs to you! ((( <3 )))
    Janet R - Sorry to hear of your family troubles; but so happy to see you here! Baby Jaxx is just adorable! <3
    Pip- Love the loveseat!
    Lisa- When you mentioned shingles for your home, I glanced at the pic and my brain automatically thought "a nice slate blue-gray..." I think it will look lovely with the field stone on your house!
    Rebecca-Athena is getting so big!
    Penny- As sad as I am that you are leaving Longyearbyen, I like to hear of how you are settling in Tromso. So glad that you and your daughter are still able to participate in the run!
    Heather- HOLY CATS! Seeing your high school pic of your self; I can REALLY see your son (and Max)! HUGE family resemblance.
    Welcome to all of the new girls! Join in when you feel the urge. Comment on whatever post resonates with you! This is a great group of women with lots of advice on a variety of topics!

Hugs to all! Kiddos have already arrived and are eating their breakfast! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    It's my baby boy's 42nd birthday today! :p<3
    Here he is this week on his holiday in the Isle of Wight, going for an early morning cycle ride with DDIL.
    55z5wwntdt6r.jpg
    I love the outfits!
    We shall see them all on Sunday for an outdoor meal at Fatto a Mano. The restaurant will only seat up to 6 together indoors, although the covid laws are 2 households. Grrr! Anyway, it will be fab to meet up and hear all about their holiday. A house with 8 adults and 7 children. :o
    I have been idly looking at cycles. I would only use it for cycling along the front into town, so would like one very sedate and suitable for shopping. A wicker basket on the front and a rack on the rear. I probably won't bother as we walk everywhere.

I was wondering, Machka, with your possible commute, if you could entertain the idea of an ebike. It would help with that long hill, though, of course, it wouldn't help with the traffic!

Waitrose delivery this afternoon. DH has the dentist this morning. Our teeth keep breaking up! :laugh: He wants to take the car somewhere for a run for the battery.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I’m not Machka but I’m the other regular bike rider in the group. You can totally commute, it will make it a bit easier on any hills that you have there. All of my riding was in the city and in traffic. The job I retired from was like 13mi to work then run the last 1/2mi. That had a few hills. Just have to learn bike etiquette if you don’t know it already and get good lighting for visibility
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)